Reviews for In Retrospect
Nock and Bolt chapter 9 . 10/14
I always love a good time travel story, and I’m interested to see where yours goes. Are you planning on taking this thing all the way to the end or just adding to it whenever you can?
Knowledge is Power chapter 9 . 10/12
Hi, I just found this story and I love it! I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :)
Z chapter 2 . 9/29
I can definitely see Sokka renaming Momo "Emergency Rations".
maripaz6 chapter 9 . 9/26
Oooh fascinating. Katara's bending has kicked into high gear (an unexpected side effect of thr time traveling Zuko?) and Zuko shows some real political insight. Loved it! And if the next chapter's even better, well, I'm excited now :)
The King in White chapter 9 . 9/24
Amazing story.
XMikiX chapter 9 . 9/21
One word, LEGIT. I'm glad to see a new storyline with timetravel ! and I love your progression in this story, it's actually pretty wonderful and steady compared to other timetravel fanfics! love your work and great job hueueu!
Queztionz chapter 9 . 9/19
Usually I don't mess around with any time travel fics (they usually end up being a complete recounting and glossing over of the main story.), but this is how it should be done. I thought I had the plot figured out, but each chapter I learn more and it changes my mind almost entirely. I like the more intelligent and secretive Zuko, using his Fire Prince authority to get things going. The way his change has made others act in kind is amazing too; I half expected Zuko to take Sokka's place as Suki's romantic interest in Kyoshi. Speaking of Kyoshi, the way Zuko ran out of steam mid fight then and against Bumi...is there something wrong with his chi? That is definitely something I need answers to. I look forward to the next update. Don't give this story up! It is sooooooo fucking good.
StarAquarius chapter 2 . 9/15
Hello. I am here for the Advanced Game and man, is it good to be back! Since I did a review of Ch. 1 from the Basic Game long ago, I should jump and do this one, so here we go:

The opening starts off with Aang and friends spending the night at one of the islands that was once Air Nomad territory, telling stories. This is a heart-warming moment and the camaraderie around them telling stories is strong, especially with Lee listening and asking questions about some things in the story that peeked his interest. However, I think the opening went by a little too fast and it left a few spots barren (Honestly though, I really wanted to know about that polar bear dog cub situation)

I loved the part where Lee was making and Katara noticed his hair was wet and asked if he had taken a bath, and that Lee replied that he did, which left Katara surprised that water was still cold. Lee took a cold bath in the stream and made tea...like a boss! That's why I like him as a character, although there had been people in real life that had drenched themselves in colder waters than what Lee did.

By the way, lol on the part where Aang tricked Sokka with that prickle snake joke to wake him up. However, I think the words "prickle snake" should be capitalized on the first words since in the Airbender world, it would be considered a species, js.

Also to clarify on this sentence: "She told Aang this when he tried to airbend the scent wafting..." Is it Katara that told Aang? Just want to make sure.

The next scene where they reached the Air Temple and Aang learning that all his friends and family have been wiped out by the Fire Nation is very saddening (Huge references to A:TLA when they reached the place). For those that had seen the show, I'm certain what kind of reaction Aang had when making this discovery.

I think some form of dialogue should be included onto the scene where Aang finds out about all his friends and family wiped out, and adding certain type of descriptions from Aang that shows his new friends that he is the Avatar, such as eyes glowing, a ball of swirling air surrounding him while he's floating, things of that sort. Also, some information about Monk Gyatso would be nice as well. It doesn't have to be like a huge info-dump; just brief descriptions will do.

Nice descriptions about the funeral. It brings forth a saddening moment and I can feel the characters' grief-especially Aang. Cremation is very common in nearly all around the world, for different purposes and reasons, you did well with it. It was short and straight to the point.

I can see why Aang didn't want to be the Avatar, at first. He felt the responsibility would be too great to bear and that he wanted to remain normal. However, if there one thing one must learn is that they cannot escape their destiny, and Aang will not escape this one. He thought that by running away, he would not carry such a heavy burden, but look how it turned out. It gives him an understanding that he could not escape his destiny, no matter where he would go.

I'm very curious about the nightmare Katara had. The scorching blue "water" reminds me of a certain someone that I do not seem to like from the show (I have an inkling, but I rather not spoil it for those that may be fandom-blind)

Momo makes its appearance for the first time and Sokka trying to catch it to get the jerky back, with Aang close behind to tell Sokka that he can't eat the flying lemur. I won't lie-I smiled in amusement when Sokka said "You! I will eat you!"

Nice comparison between Aang and Lee. It sounds like two opposite forces working together in bring forth balance. You have Aang, who is carefree and full of hope (until finding out about his kin being wiped out, but that besides the point). On the other side, you have Lee who is-as Katara put it in words-guarded, but still have a caring heart. I am curious as to why he has certain looks towards Aang and Sokka, but I guess I'll find out in later chapters.

Now at the ending, where they finally leave the temple, huge reference to the A:TLA show. Aang would have to do some serious soul-searching if he want to fulfill his destiny as the Avatar, but for now, he wanted to do some things to help get over his grief of losing Monk Gyasto, and his friends would be there to help him heal.

Overall, this is a great chapter...saddening, but great, and I look forward to reading more soon.
Monkey Typewriter chapter 3 . 9/15
Will Canon!Zuko appear?
Also, does Time Travel Zuko have a scar? It didn't sound like it, from the descriptions of him.
Cartwheellou chapter 9 . 9/13
Um Im following! And eagerly awaiting next chapter!
Delphine Pryde chapter 9 . 9/10
Wonderful.
giada2196 chapter 9 . 9/10
I'm really really mad because of university right now, but your story brought a smile on my lips. It's cute and very interesting, I always imagined how the story would change if one of the characters could time travel. Ehy, does the "instantly master" thing work with text books too? Do I have to sleep on them?

Thank you for the story; I'm going to read it again because while I was writing this rewiew, the landlady pissed me off again.
Cya
SockMage chapter 9 . 9/9
Really want to see where this goes and when the rest of the Gaag learns who Zuko is. Can't wait for the rest
pff chapter 9 . 9/9
It's good. Plot is picking up.
So glad to read a new chapter! Thank you for writing this.