Reviews for The Cupboard Series 5: United We Stand
Incantations7 chapter 25 . 9/27
Why would they give a detailed description of the room’s defenses, when everyone knows that the ministry keeps secrets like a sieve holds water?
Incantations7 chapter 20 . 9/26
Nice tribute to Bobmin here…

He is still missed so much, because I still wonder how he would have finished his story about Harry and the dragons…
Oh, Harry...just use house elves and have them secretly pop out all the non-death-eater students to the school. Easy. Then have the house elves pop the death eaters and Tom into the nearest volcano. The go after Umbitch. Same deal.
How exactly does one "sear" someone's tongue FROM their head? ... ... ...
GO HARRY!

Sirius came off sounding way too much like Albus "don't piss off the mean man, he might hurt us like he was planning to do all along but I want to keep him pacified" Dumbledore. I get the fact that he wanted to be SURE Harry knew the potential consequences, but you'd think Sirius would have been happier...such a Marauder thing to do...
Minerva blabbing the room's security measures to WRITE-EVERYTHING-DOWN Kingsley is about the stupidest thing she could have done.
Doesn't matter what Dolores said, anyway - she's just the temp Minister and the Minister doesn't control the DMLE.
What I will never understand is why no one ever, in any story I have yet to read, simply flicked a wand and turned Dolores into a toad, which would then be permanently transfigured into a metal whisk, then given to a muggle kindergarten school kitchen.
Tom outright threatened the new school therefore all the students decided to parade around on Main Magic Street in...their school-related clothing. Brilliant.
Love it when Harry meets new relatives!
GF chapter 32 . 8/27
That was good, but I gotta' go start the next one. AND... Northwestern v. Nebraska in Ireland just started. First college football game of the year.
G F chapter 22 . 8/25
I'm confused.
The manor was made of blue limestone and white... something or other. I get that the inside is gutted, the roof is gone, and even the floors are burned and caved in,but the walls- are STONE. I had a problem with his grandparents place being ruined, and Peberell manor, too. Stone don't burn. There should be a three story she'll still standing there, with blackened walls.
_
Ah, ah, aaahn! Harry killed the basilisk with the staff from Slytherin. The Sword of Gryffindor is NOT accounted for! It may not be a horcrix, but Dumblesnore does not have it.
GF chapter 17 . 8/24
VAUNTED status.
Vaulted is kinda funny, though. Vaulted ceiling. Pole-vaulted. Locked in a vault.
Not the same as bragged about, or elevated by reputation. That's VAUNT.
G Fawkes chapter 17 . 8/24
"Percy inclined his head..."
Inclined. Inclined- is bothering me. That's not the first time in this 'book', fanfic, whatever, and it's been used in all of them in this series. I get 'nodded' for an agreement with someone, and 'inclined' does describe what I would do to imply, hello, wassup, or I see you, non-verbally. But, to me, 'inclined' isn't the agreement gesture that a nod is. I'm just wondering why you're saying 'inclined', rather than 'nodded'.
All rhetorical, of course.
G F chapter 14 . 8/24
Hey Xmas again! (I think last Xmas was two books ago) Sorry, still august '22 here!
1,268 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »