Reviews for The Serpent's Gaze
SiriusBlackHeir chapter 124 . 10/3
I binge read this in three days, staying up until late at night despite having uni in the morning because it's so intriguingly written. Such complexity in this work, that I hesitate to call it fanfiction; it does not seem an adeguate term, it feels reductive of this piece. It may fit, but only insofar as an size extra-large may fit a Victoria's Secret model, which is to say rather loosely.
The themes are complex and well harmonized, forming a complete, convincing symphony of words, in which each tone stands out -and could stand alone, but doesn't, merging with & refracting the others; scattering itself amongst the whole- thus punctuating and underlining the symphony contemporarily. I cannot believe I didn't find this treasure until now, but I'm sure this will become one of my favourite fics to re-read ad nauseam; probably because I'd live to read it again right now even if I've just finished it
Arad an-Bas chapter 2 . 8/6
Ah, an AU where hermione is black, cool.
According to Jewish law, the Kabbalah isn't supposed to be studied by anyone except married man of at least 30 years of age. Everyone else is supposed to not waste their time on it, because it's obscure, esoteric and mostly apocryphal. It's generally useless and unnecessary for regular observance of the faith in much the same way a degree in theology would be, with a similar time investment for the studying it requires. If Theo's mother is pious enough to have an interest in seeing him study it anyway, she should also be pious enough to know that he isn't actually allowed to (and won't be for quite some time yet.)
plutoplex chapter 124 . 7/1
Great chapter! I love Harry and Severus’s interactions!
fhl1234 chapter 49 . 6/17
Nice flat that Harry and Sirius are going to live in. Please update again soon.
Code-Kya chapter 1 . 6/16
As soon as I read that you wrote Hermione as black it was over for me and now Im up at 2am trying to read this magnificent story all the way through. thank you for this!
fhl1234 chapter 42 . 6/16
Yay, we got to see both Remus and Sirius in this chapter.
fhl1234 chapter 38 . 6/16
Sweet chapter. Glad Harry's wizarding tent got delivered to him early enough to be of use to him.
fhl1234 chapter 34 . 6/16
Useful find.
fhl1234 chapter 32 . 6/16
Bravo Harry, casting a perfect pemple jinx at GL.
fhl1234 chapter 29 . 6/16
My oh my, this library is going to come in handy for Slytherin house. I wonder if all of the houses have a hidden password protected library of their own.

Update again soon.
fhl1234 chapter 24 . 6/16
Smoothe their Harry, lying to Dobby in order to get your summer post eh.

Is Harry going to be attracted to men only, both men and women, or women? I bet just men given how he hangs out with witches but has of yet only found Percy attractive. Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out Harry's sexual orientation hmmmm.
fhl1234 chapter 19 . 6/16
Impressive fight.
fhl1234 chapter 12 . 6/16
I've got to hand it to you my friend, this fanfiction has been a joy to read thus far. I liked their exploration of the empty classrooms. I haven't read a fanfiction where Hermione accompanys him to the mirror before. Makes for a refreshing change. I was thrilled when Harry made it clear that he finds the execution of werewolves disgusting, I wasn't sure he'd feel that way now that he's a Slytherin. Now that my fears of him becoming a dark wizard are aswaged for now, I can't wait until Remus comes to Hogwarts to teach now. He can tell Harry lots of wonderful stories about his parents, I think that Harry'd like that. Keep up the excellent work.
ladiefury chapter 6 . 6/15
I am so enjoying this. I ripped Through the first six chapters so quickly. I love the way you’re writing Harry. I’m bummed I have to go to work and won’t be able to continue devour more right this moment.