Reviews for Hunted
RedDragon30000 chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
I have to say that I was very impressed how much you managed to get the Hunky Parker details right, despite not being as familiar with the book. While I may have given you some descriptions, you captured the essence of the book wonderfully well.

I loved Harvey's characterisation in this story, it really shows such a variety of things. He goes from gladness that SPLAT have evaded capture, to absolute horror and terror once he realises that the HEADMASTER has got a grip on him. Unfortunately, this terror doesn't abate as his situation becomes worse and worse. His only bright spot is knowing that SPLAT are trying so hard to rescue him. I really felt so sorry for him at the end, as he is in mortal danger and it is unlikely that anyone will catch him.

I don't think I have ever seen a story where the Headmaster is so ruthless. Once getting hold of Harvey, he gleefully terrifies him before attracting the attention of SPLAT and formulating a way to stop them from meddling in his plans in the future. Knowing that they will follow out of loyalty and compassion, determined to rescue Harvey, the Headmaster sneers at such sentimentality and forces them to agree not to interfere with his plans again. He then twists the knife further by keeping his word in a cruel way, delivering Harvey back to them in a way that he hopes will kill the boy he so despises.