Reviews for The Evening Mists Were Falling Now
KEMLEM81 chapter 1 . 6/28
Sadly everytime I watch that episode he still leaves but then I get to come here and read alternate versions and while in yours he still does leave, it feels like there's more certainty about it, even if it's sad, at least Rory got to say goodbye knowing he truly was leaving. I just wrote a short piece on what I thought might have been going through Jess' mind as he rode the bus to California. I wish he had just told her goodbye, he's going to regret it for a long time. I do realise these are just characters but they get inside my head and feel so real to me :) Thanks for giving them a goodbye kiss.
Buffychick chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Agh! No! Bad Jess!

I realized that you've been so kind to me with your reviews and I've yet to check out your stuff. (again, the snob in me coming out) I did enjoy this. I hope you reconsider the view of yourself as much more a reader than a writer, as I enjoyed this, even if it made me sad.
permanently temporary chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
wow, i just found this. it's a great story. you should write more!

tragicallyepic chapter 2 . 2/23/2006
That was sweet, sad, and perfect. It's just how Rory and Jess parting should have gone, instead of Jess being a dummy and just leaving. I can't believe I haven't read this fic before, because it was truly amazing. In the end, when Rory waits until the bus leaves; a little tiny part of me actually thought that Jess ended up staying. But I know that wasn't going to happen. Great fic. Especially for it being your first! I hope in the future, you write more fics.
Jen chapter 2 . 2/3/2006
Um, very author-esque for a never before writer, with the A/N and everything. But a good fic and very well written thank you.

lucia marin chapter 2 . 9/12/2005
dreamy short - good to come across you again. glad to see you writing - you should post more, you've got a knack for it :-}
Nicole Rigby chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Aw, just learned that you can only review a chapter once. Probably should have known that by now!

But reply to your review/reply...;)

You are very welcome for it. I'm glad I could speak my mind and feelings and not be shunned!

And yeah, I felt that one. I was die-hard by that time and I was so completely stunned by what they gave us. I can't even believe how they made that go. They have her say to Dean...and then all we get is a 3 second talk between her and Lane in which she pretty much says "Jess meant and means nothing to me" UGH!

I just want my lit heart to be full again...and I'm not even sure if fic can do that. 'sigh' As much as I try to force myself to believe that the alternate path chosen by fellow fan writers is real, I know it isn't and I just wish they could have shown Jess and his capabilities, and let Rory love the way she did for us all to see.

I just want to see them together again on the show. The last ep. But I can't have my heart broken again by that hope.

Why does tv rule my life? lol...
Nicole Rigby chapter 2 . 6/2/2005
I can't even imagine how it must have been to have the hope of a spin-off and the hope of an actual goodbye and then to get neither.

I was a fan of Gilmore Girls at the time, but I wasn't an avid watcher. I only caught a few episodes of season three that time around, but I always loved Jess and Rory. I've recently rewatched season three and my love for them intensified and I got more emotionally atached. I'm so far in now, that I forget that I wasn't a part of them when they first aired. Not completely.

I don't know why I'm reviewing this in this way, and talking so much about myself and this randomness...but I felt a lot from your story and your notes. I can feel the emotions flying off the screen. I feel like we are similar in our connection with this couple.

Gosh, I sound crazy. I'm sorry. I'm not usually this insane, but I just read this and felt like I needed to talk. So I'm talking. Please bare with me!

I guess I want to say sorry. Going through that had to be so horrible. Its horrible for me to think about the possibility now, and how it didn't happen, so I'm trying to grasp how it would feel to be so hopeful and so disappointed.

Okay...enough from me. You wrote this 2 years ago and I'm replying to how you felt then, so this is probably going to be so weird to you now. Just smile and nod, and I'll be on my way.

Sorry this is novel-length. I feel stupid.
Arianna555 chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Wow, I suck.

Because seriously, I have been meaning to review this for months. And somehow it's never happened. I'm so sorry. $

This is just the perfect ending, perfect closure. Exactly like Rory and Jess.

"I know," she whispered. "Me too."

She approached him slowly. He looked up when he heard her footsteps. He smiled faintly at her. She forced her lips to curl up gently in reflection.

I love all the description, all the little things they do. He stares at the bus stop sign, she comes up slowly and the first thing she thinks is to ask where Luke is. It's so realistic because they're so awkward with each other. He's not coming back and she can't follow him, and she knows.

Silverlane chapter 2 . 2/11/2004
Hey, you just left me a really nice review and I wanted to read something by you and this was my option. You were right, it's perfect left just like this with no second chapter or anything. It made me smile and it made me (a little) teary and it made me hopeful for the two of them. You said you don't think you're a very creative writer, but I thought your little piece showed a lot of insight into both their characters.
ampersand chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
Aww, that made me cry. Damn your words having an emotional hold over me.
The saying about parting and sweet sorrow ( I think you know what I'm talking about ) has come to me in a different light after reading this.
It can not only be sweet sorrow, used as a phrase together, but sweet and sorrowful. You covered both aspects perfectly. It also showed direct realism. It was how one could imagine the Literati goodbye (which never happened...stupid ASP) without, well, drifting into their self possessed Literati wishes. It was beautiful, but brief, though I think that's how it was intended.
The 'agreement' nearly ripped my heart out, but was completely understandable. The last paragraph reminded me a bit of how I interpreted the last part of the Great Gatsby. (I apologize if you're not a Fitzgerald fan) He says that as we think we are getting closer to something it is actually behind us. Rory and Jess say they won't look back, making it as if they are putting their relationship behind them. But by Rory waiting there, she's amost saying that she'll hold on. Maybe not to the idea of them being together again, but the idea that they were together. It's kind of opposite of the Great Gatsby. Okay, you probably didn't understand that, but in my twisted mind it made sense.
Great work.
Keep writing :)
Edward's Muse chapter 2 . 11/19/2003
Wow. That grasped their relationship so well, it was almost as if you were one of them rather than writing down your observations. The way neither of them really finished their sentences was a good way to go and your style with regard to Jess was brilliant. His emotions are very understated and you picked up on that. I wish I could offer criticism since that's the most useful form of review, but I can't.

Added to that you've given me some lovely ideas for both their characterisations and I thank you for helping me to improve my somewhat amateur writing style. I hope you write more. Not on this story because as you say, it stands alone, but more on other characters. This was beautiful.
iiiiiiiiiiiii chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
Wow, I have to be the world's slowest reviewer. *scattered applause*

I've never read a story that managed to pull of "bittersweet." Sad, yes. Cute, yes. But this... this was bittersweet. My eyes were tearing up while my mouth a curling into a smile. It ends and yet...

It's beautiful.
Juliana chapter 2 . 9/30/2003
You know there's a problem when the author’s notes are longer than the actual story.
jcd1013 chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
I hadn't realized that I hadn't reviewed this before, so I'm repenting.

Beautiful. It was absolutely beautiful. In the sparest amount of words, you capture such a tender moment-this moment of unavoidable goodbye-where there's sorrow and pain but also understanding that it must be so. The ending was perfect-that need to stay there while the bus drives off, but unable to look either.

I wish the end to our favorite couple had happened this way!

Write more. You're a very talented writer with a real knack of making sentences live and breathe. Great job!