Reviews for Proof of Concept
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
I enjoyed the show even after I found out it was written by Chuck Alumnus. You really did a great job with your story. I wondered what direction the show would have taken with Jo finding out Henry's secret and the obvious care they had for one another. Thanks for writing.
Passerby chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
I'm pretty sure that Henry is supposed to not age between deaths.
Some people assumed that he couldn't have the showrunner has revealed that he did have a son by a Spanish second wife.
KenH chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
Thank you for the excellent story and very interesting postulation.
I do wonder whether Henry would let Jo get killed or if he would let his love for her and his desire to keep her alive overrule his decision to try and let himself age. Granted, if he wasn't out with her in the field, he wouldn't be in the position to have to make that choice.
Having Henry & Jo be married with Jo just finding out she's pregnant would most likely result in her not taking as many risks as well, either through leaving her job altogether or transferring to a less risky position.
Thank you again!

Ken_the_Trog (on Twitter)
resaw chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
I really enjoyed Forever when it aired and was very sorry that it was cancelled. I'm glad you wrote this piece. I can't say I've read any other fanfic about it yet, though. Yours is the first. So, my question is, are you considering proceeding with a post-series extension of the story? Judging by your title, I gather you are testing the waters, as it were.

As I was reading this, I initially thought that he had not yet revealed his secret to Jo, but the last sentence suggests that some time has elapsed. Jo is his wife and she's pregnant. I don't imagine she would have entered into such a marriage lightly so it probably would have taken some time for her to process Henry's revelation.

"I never thought that the curse meant that Henry never aged between deaths, just that he was reset...": I had never thought that myself, but I suppose that's one way of interpreting his situation.

If you decided to continue, I wonder how much you are interested in using the supporting characters: Abe and Lucas (Henry's ME assistant).

Thanks for this chapter!
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
I loved your idea of the Clock reset every time he dies so he never shows the effects of age since he dies pretty regularly. Please continue.