Reviews for Alas For The Wailing Of The Gulls
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
I must confess, this story combines Ithilien's birthday with Cassia's contest. I'm certain that's a seagull behind him!

(Check out the Mellon Chronicles site, they have a picture-based fic contest! See what you think about the picture.)

Jay
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Legolas thought Galadriel's words foretold his death, and it turns out they nearly did! The sea-longing pierced his heart, distracting him, and he nearly died in battle. How hard it must have been for Legolas to stay for so many more decades in Middle-Earth when he was not content or really at peace. What deep love he had for his mortal friends to willing suffer like this!

Thanks for letting us all share in Ithilien's birthday gift. Happy Birthday to you both!
Karri chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Very good piece. It's very near how I pictured the scene. :D It's also perfect for Cassia's fic contest.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
OHH! Jay, this is wonderful! Angsty, and yet so curiously joyful!

Who would ever have thought that Legolas would ride laughing into a flock of seagulls! That is SUCH a redeeming and lovely image!

GOD I wish I could draw... Help, ho, for a stunt artist! (LOL!)

This is just full of such lovely and light-hearted imagery. The Twins cutting up... (and OH the plotbunny that bit me then... your birthday fic will be coming sooner, now! Grin...) Legolas booting Gimli... even the patient Dead watching the camp, that had its dark beauty as well.

Then the fighting, and Legolas losing it like that... then having to face the Four... woo.

NICE job. VERY nice. And a happy, happy birthday to Ithilien-and to you yourself, some days past!
19 | « Prev Page 1 2