Reviews for War Heroes
Hawaiichick chapter 9 . 8/9/2017
Loved that moment between Athos and d'Artagnan...the mentor preparing his student for the day that he is no longer the student anymore...the start of his goodbye. Thank you for giving me this "missing" scene. :)
MusketeerAdventure chapter 9 . 7/23/2017
This chapter was extremely well written; emotional and painful to read. Your description of d'Artagnan's harrowing experience was truly frightening. That sort of trauma forever embedded. Your supernatural element to this made it that much more compelling. The care, love and brotherhood here was beautifully portrayed; and the growing sisterhood between Constance, Sylvie and Elodie well done. Strong women indeed! But your moments here between Athos and d'Artagnan were perfect. When d'Artagnan leaned in and said, "You don't mean to return", had me welling up with emotion. Thanks for this!
Asplenium chapter 1 . 7/23/2017
Bravo! This is not only very well written, dynamic, but so clever, to highlight the gap that now separate the three men who spent years at war together from the two others, and all the doubts that arise from it, which is inevitable, despite the initial joy of being together again. During this season 3, I felt that after the endearment that Athos felt in particular to meet again with Aramis in ep.1, as d'Artagnan with Constance , the way the war marked indeed the three war heroes, the way it hardened and tightened them makes them somehow less caring towards the others. The tenderness has somehow disappeared. And the "joy" never really got back in that season. But it's nice to hear Athos at least express that they are at least aware of the walls that now separate them from those who did not go to war, and that they are still caught in what the war has done to them. Very well done!
pallysd'Artagnan chapter 9 . 7/22/2017
wow that was a dark and intense fic .. reallllllllllllllly good storyline !
Helensg chapter 9 . 7/22/2017
Goodness that was epic and emotional and totally superb.I still wish that Athos hadn't with Sylvie (it was like breaking up the circle for no apparent reason )but at least here you did give the chance of them meeting again.
Thankyou
Hx
Hawaiichick chapter 8 . 4/14/2017
Loved getting to learn more about Brujon. To get a bit of his back story. It's so interesting to see d'Artagnag in a mentor-like role Fascinating to compare d'Artagnan and Brujon to d'Artgnan and Athos. But what I really need to know is...what exactly happened in Adorra? :)
Hawaiichick chapter 7 . 4/14/2017
I finally broke down and watched the last two episodes that I was stubbornly hanging on to. And my reward was getting to read this chapter. :)

I loved how this chapter expanded on how the four felt after Treville's death. Loved getting insight into how d'Artagnan felt, that guilt and grief. Imagining Athos and d'Artagnan on their knees in grief was such a powerful one. I loved getting that moment between Athos and d'Artagnan. The oldest and youngest. I just love their relationship.
Debbie chapter 8 . 4/3/2017
Hey there!
I already gave you feedback over at Archive on this chapter and wanted to let you know that it did not show up at the top of Archive as a newly posted chapter. I only found out because you posted the last chapter here. I found it another way. Just letting you know about it in case you want to try and re-post. I do know Archive was having issues and perhaps that did something when you posted. But I so totally loved this chapter to bits!
Rita Marx chapter 8 . 4/3/2017
To bury the cadets with their own, old pauldrons, as a new generation of Inseperables... that was very touching and right.
lillelouis chapter 8 . 4/2/2017
Oh

sorrellkaren chapter 8 . 4/2/2017
I had broken down into sobs by the end of this chapter. To bury their own...these words have ever haunted my soul for I know how it feels and though I never want to, I am sure I will have to do so again. It is the curse if the large brotherhood the Musketeers share. They are always loosing their own. d'Artagnan's need to bury them with pauldrons of their own was so moving and just what a farm boy would do to honor those he felt accountable for. They made a mistake by not guarding the Garrison after Treville's funeral but they were grieving and hurting not even thinking someone would be so heartless as to attack them when they were down. Grimaud had no humanity left in him by this time, holding a pregnant Sylvie at knifepoint hours later. The fact that Treville was honored at three o'clock was so poignant. The hour of our Saviours death, the world turned black then, just as the hearts of France turned black with grief. I will never forget Athos face when they lift the coffin baring Treville to his grave in season three's opening scene. Tom nailed it with his grief barely contained behind a steady but pale face and a voice so controlled it was the hallmark of grief itself. I too lost it when Constance wert to the cellar after loosing Clairmont, breaking down in sobs of sheer despair. d'Artagnan would do the same I realized then, only keep it inside where it hurts all the more. Great chapter, so sad and so full of sorrow. Rest in peace brave Musketeers.
MusketeerAdventure chapter 8 . 4/2/2017
Wonderfully written! I liked your portrayal of Brujon and through him Clairmont. These are two characters I felt the writers did not explore as much as they could or should have. Thank you for this wonderful update!
pallysd'Artagnan chapter 8 . 4/2/2017
what a great up update :-)
FierGascon chapter 7 . 2/21/2017
Very nice tribute to Tréville!
Bravo!
sorrellkaren chapter 7 . 2/19/2017
Crying in earnest now. What a wonderful tribute to our friend Treville. I remember the tears flowing on their own when I watched "the prize." When I saw Treville shot down while trying to save a mere child from the enemies he was too young to even know about. He was a hero beyond the word. Layers of duty and commitment were engrained into the man who would be Regent of France for only a few days. His first duty to the child King was his death warrant yet he would have had it no other way. Athos is indeed able to see his part in their failure to keep the King hidden and safe. But in the end Treville did not die in vain for Louis will live to see his maturity and take the thrown. He saved France, just as he was always meant to do. The Inseparables will keep his legacy alive all their days and the love they have for the man will be forever untarnished. That is what this story says to me. They will not die this day, for it is too important to see their father figure to his final rest.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »