Reviews for Lead and Protect
TotallyWhacked chapter 16 . 6/19/2019
Wow... this was a lot, it put me through the whole roller-coaster of sick, happy, scared, tired, wishing that i could throw up or kill the men responsible (everything the character's were feeling!), that'll do, Pig, that'll do! X'D
TotallyWhacked chapter 3 . 6/18/2019
This is interesting, but very, VERY dark!.
Silent Sound 715 chapter 16 . 10/2/2018
Good story! I thought you handled it tastefully. Really liked the flashbacks in there too. Thanks for sharing!
Arboreal Musteline chapter 16 . 9/3/2018
the scary thing about violence is that sometimes the victim thinks it's even more trouble reporting the assault to the authorities than sucking up and receiving it. at the beginning of the story i was apprehensive of how you will show levi, strong as he is, being at the butt of someone else's pent up frustration, but your take of that particular aspect is good and makes sense. i still think the levi here is out of character (especially when he deals with eren), though... and the part with mike is my favorite.
yume76 chapter 16 . 5/10/2017
This was beautiful! Romance is not the only kind of love in this world. This is one of the best stories I've read, one of the handful of really the best. I loved your writing style and how you tackled a really serious social issue. Many authors use the theme of rape as something trivial and really playful, which it is NOT. Thank you for this wonderful piece of literature.
FelicitousVixen chapter 16 . 8/7/2016
I just read through all of this and I must say it really gets to the feels. I love how you portray the relationships between Erwin and Levi and later Levi and Eren. I'm honestly glad it wasn't romantic because I feel like any romance would of put a weird kind of random blob in the writing and that this fic just wasn't made to have that kind of thing. This is one of the better things I've seen of this fandom so far, thanks for writing! :D
Mekabella21 chapter 12 . 7/23/2016
Yes fluff! I agree with Levi. Can't chance the guys trying to do this to anyone else. As for hanji, she was kind of annoying me with all her questions. She should be smart enough to put two and two together.
Mekabella21 chapter 11 . 7/23/2016
You do have a life outside of writing. As long as we get updates I don't care when. I understand. One of my stories got so dark I am somewhat on break. I get emotionally in my writing and I reading so big deal for me.
Mekabella21 chapter 7 . 7/23/2016
Levi knows his bunk mates well enough to know how far to push them. In this case I am glad he is able to control things to a certain extent. My god what happens from here with Erwin knowing what went down.
Mekabella21 chapter 5 . 7/23/2016
You captured Levi personality so well. I feel like I beginning to understand him more although this is just a fan fiction outside of the show. Makes me like him a lot more.

I am also glad he decided to take down the guys who did this. I wonder what would their punishment be though? Not going to lie, I want them to suffer.
Mekabella21 chapter 4 . 7/23/2016
Levi stood his ground, I am glad he did. Barley is an asshole. Like wtf, we are beating people now? That world is hard enough as it is and yet this man wants to be petty. Whew.

I wouldn't say you are evil but channeling the characters personality for the sake of the story ;-)
Mekabella21 chapter 3 . 7/23/2016
I am surprised they actually tried to Eren off. I surely thought they were just going to rape him and leave it at that. I mean rape is bad enough to add that into it is like wow.

Levi is the perfect person to help Eren in my opinion. He is none emotional. I would have been freaking out.
Mekabella21 chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
AOT is a hard pill to swallow just watching the show. The tone of the story may be sad but it's realistic. I think I know where this is going but you can never be to sure. Either way I am going to keep reading. I am committed to the story!
Sorkari chapter 16 . 7/17/2016
God, what the fuck? To cry, or not to cry - that is the real question, especially when I so fatuously associated this story with Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

Although I did not like the many, many warnings at first, you are in the right, considering that 90% of this fandom are used to happy things only. Hooray for finding another author who does not focus primarily on the good, happy things in life, because rape and abuse are very real, regardless of whether we want to believe it or not. There is little to no room in this story for romance, if you really think about it. And it's okay. Not every story is a happy one.

I would salute you for writing a story that doesn't follow the popular, repetitive BS that everyone reads and writes, but alas, I can only do so much through a screen. Stories like these don't get nearly enough love and support. It was extremely well written, interesting and undeniably gut wrenching, and overall a story that I would recommend to numerous people to come.

I would also like to give you another huge-ass kudos for the line; "Forget me, as I can never forget you." No one seems to fathom that this is not something one can easily overcome. No one truly understands what it feels like to be the victim until it actually happens. You, however, managed to convey the feelings of both sorrow and despair in the realization that things will not be okay. They never truly are, not after traumas like these, and you are one of the very few people that understands.

Overall, I enjoyed this story a little too much, and I would definitely drop thirty kudos and a bag of cookies to compliment you if I could. Your writing is impeccable, your structure easy to follow, and most importantly, your story truly engaging and capable of portraying one of the very many struggles that no one seems to understand. I salute you for this. You and this story deserve a lot more credit than what was initially given.
Poweredbyinternet chapter 16 . 7/4/2016
KAKSLSNNSHAKPSZMSKAIQHVSKAOAAOOAPAPAPAOSGXNCN KDYWPRNLANhfbBK
JAKALSLAWLEOOWOWOQOQOQOQOQO

Ok ok so in fangirl language that means HOLY CRAP THAT WAS SO GOOD LITERALLY THE ENTIRE STORY WAS SO FABTASTICAL AGH. MY POOR CHILDREN WERE HURT BUT CHU MAKES DEM ALL BETTTR I SO HAPPY HUAHUAHUA. IT WAS AN ACTUAL STORY WITH ACTUAL PLOT AND CONNECTIONS AND GOSH I WANT TO EXPLODE ITS SO GOOD GOsh sorry for screaming in your face. Everybody was pretty much in character, taking into account that they were all mostly in emotional distress for the entire fucking time gosh ledeh. I'm sorry for not being more constructive but honestly all I can say is make more stories as good as this one, and I will happily read them.