Reviews for Love and Loss
thaddie bell chapter 20 . 2/13
Your story is very good I enjoyed it. Would be nice if you finished it
1ttrobinson chapter 20 . 2/1/2018
I love this. Why did you never finish?
Cap'nFrances chapter 19 . 6/8/2016
Kathy's love for and understanding of Trip and her respect for him as a grown man was great and I was happy to see Trip moving toward getting himself together.
Sometimes it was hard to tell who was speaking in the dialogue. A few more beats and/or some dialogue tags would help.
Cap'nFrances chapter 18 . 6/7/2016
I loved Trip's flow chart and the explanation he derived from it. Now if he would just make a flow chart for dealing with the truth of their situation...
Cap'nFrances chapter 17 . 6/6/2016
I hope he someday tells her most of this - maybe after he has sobered up.
Cap'nFrances chapter 16 . 6/5/2016
Poor T'Pol! Acceptance seems a long way away, but that might turn out to be a good thing.
Cap'nFrances chapter 14 . 6/4/2016
I loved the interactions between Trip, his parents and Malcolm, even though it seems to be taking a very long time to get him sober. The zinnias were an especially nice touch.
Cap'nFrances chapter 13 . 5/25/2016
I loved Malcolm's carefully planned care for Trip and of course, I loved Trip's parents.
Cap'nFrances chapter 11 . 5/24/2016
I appreciated T'Les' thoughts as she came to understand what was going on with Trip and T'Pol and her own xenophobia, her growing appreciation and understanding of Trip, and her efforts to care for T'Pol. It took me a while to figure out what Trip, T'Pol and Koss had done and when they had done it. I would have liked for that to have been a little clearer earlier in the chapter.
Cap'nFrances chapter 10 . 5/24/2016
Beautiful letter. It's a shame she never sends it.
Rishooter chapter 19 . 5/15/2016
I really enjoyed Chapter 19. Although I had never pictured Trip as being the alcohol abuse prone type any more I had thought of T'Pol as a lifelong addict. Nonetheless there is room for many different visions if they are well written, and this is very well written and believable. Hopefully Trip is climbing out of his angst ridden stupor. I look forward to more of this story.
Cap'nFrances chapter 9 . 5/15/2016
Quite a literal cliffhanger! I'm hoping one of them comes to their senses soon.
Rishooter chapter 14 . 4/30/2016
Well done and very intense. I hope you continue this into the rest of the fourth season. When Koss released T'Pol she told Trip that she needed to study the Kirshara and learn what it meant to be Vulcan, and that she wouldn't have time for a relationship. I'll be interested to see how you reconcile the passionate mutual obsession you depict here with the cool betrayals and rejections that she actually displayed in the series.
SweenyG chapter 11 . 4/27/2016
Poor T'Pol! Trip come back!
Gentleman Bystander chapter 11 . 4/27/2016
From an evolutionary standpoint Xenophobia is logical and practical. The motivations and drive of Xenophobia is to repel or out-compete out-clade/clan/group individuals and/or groups that are competing for resources or evolutionary pertinence. In this case, Tucker's presence actually represents a threat to what T'Les perceives as the genetic integrity of her people or, more specifically, her clan to which she would have to greatest instinctual disposition towards protecting.