Reviews for Pulling My Weight
slyKat28 chapter 25 . 19h
SAKURA SEALED ANKOS CURSED SEAL. what a way to phrase it. I had to go over it a couple times after before I linked the Kid and Senpai together. Good way of writing and I have got this far in a day... I should go to bed soon... BUT THERE IS MORE TO READ. and you are an amazing writer!
OMG
It was an amazing charapter
unexpected sabotage chapter 1 . 7/15
rereading for possibly the 12th time now i just love this story so much and fsr it just gets better and better with each read. i just fall in love with it more each timethank you so much for writing this and continuing to write it
o Charlie x chapter 27 . 7/14
I think this may be the most well written Sakura story I have read on this site, and I've been on here for over 10 years. I spent last weekend re-reading the whole thing because I felt the urge to read a good Sakura story and I couldn't find anything that quite scratched that itch like this one does.

I can't wait to see what's in store for the future, my guess is maybe Orochimaru is a jinchuuriki? Since his chakra is sealed maybe the bijuu would take over? I love how Sakura is so protective of the people she cares for.

Thanks for creating a believable story of Sakura overcoming her weaknesses and building a name for herself. I light up every time there is a new update, I read each one multiple times! Thanks for keeping me on edge time after time!
AsakiHime chapter 27 . 7/14
It was so cool
please update
your story about sakura was really awesome
please complete
AsakiHime chapter 27 . 7/14
UPDATE PLEASE!
K. Nefertiti chapter 27 . 7/12
Amazing story - really not looking forward to this ending anytime soon. The writing is excellent and the characters are portrayed wonderfully.

Question I would like to see answered in the next chapter: Did Shikamaru die? Because there might have been some foreshadowing, and they were about to kiss and I can totally see some tragic Game of Thrones-like ending for Shikamaru. I hope not, but I would really like to find that out.
NaomiNox102 chapter 1 . 7/12
Holy...Shit.
Utrix chapter 27 . 7/11
Wow this is awesome
tanithlipsky chapter 27 . 7/11
nice
Praeceps-UK chapter 27 . 7/10
Okay so yeah amazing story. I'm surprised I've come across this just now. I just finished reading up to the latest chapter, did it in two sittings. (got too much time on my hands at the moment) :)

I love the characters, interactions and the combat scenes. Good idea incorporating PTSD and therapy in it, it's silly it wasn't mentioned at all in the manga. You did quite well with Yuki, I've seen OC in fics in past that haven't worked that well.

As for the latest chapter I see that Orochimaru might be a demon host now. Or it's his version of his curse seal. I can see the similarities that Sakura has with Orochimaru but as Yuki said there are still many differences. Interesting idea of having Neji try for Hokage. I doubt Naruto will be going for that for a long time now if ever.

The endgame relationship for Sakura, I'm wondering if it's heading for a Usagi Drop relationship.
I'm talking about Sakura and Genma here. I have been seeing hints down the line. Or it might be me overthinking things. If not that then it will be Sakura and Shikamaru. It will only be one of those two pairings.
Chojuro and Yuki I doubt would happen. Sakura wants to settle down some after this lot of fighting and is going no where without Genma, even without her saying that in chapter 26 it was obvious. Yuki doesn't seem the sort of person to settle down and Chojuro has his own allegiances with Kiri, especially as he's part of the swordsman.

I love what you did with Sakura though. She is definitely no Mary Sue, I've seen enough of that in fics. I love how her character is put together. Her relationships and interactions with everyone, her weaknesses and difficulties throughout this story was done very well.

Her growth was just about right but at some moments her fighting did seem overpowered. Her weakness in Taijutsu didn't really show as much as it should have in some situations, the invasion of her house for example. But I still like the combat and action.

I can see the similarities between Sakura and Orochimaru but still a lot of differences, some of which Yuki said. But one large one difference I would say (same for Kakashi and Itachi too.) is the amount of bonds that she has, the amount of friends and connections she has in the village(and outside). I'm surprised Jiraiya overlooked this or discuss it with Tsunade at least.

Orochimaru wasn't the kind to socialise and kept himself to himself, he was an orphan but I doubt he had any proper guardians or people to look up to. I don't think he thought his sensei and teammates as anymore than those titles.

Itachi had his family but he still put his village first. Always.

Kakashi was the same as Orochimaru and kept himself to himself. He kept his distance even when his father was alive. He didn't defect but he still has his problems of course.

Of course I don't know how Sakura would react with Genma's death though. I suspect she would end up being suicidal in revenge. Hard to say.

You have brought up some points I was having issues with in the Naruto series too. Kakashi only teaching Team 7 one thing. The immaturity and cluelessness of Naruto even after coming back from his training trip. Everyone accepting Orochimaru and Sasuke back at the end with no problems. I'm sure there will be people in Konoha and the other nations that will still have bones to pick with Orochimaru. Loads of other things to name too.

Sorry for the long review. I look forward to next chapter.

Toodles. _
Sibrael chapter 26 . 7/9
That scene with Yuki was hot. God I love Yuku as a character. Sakura should end up with him. Sure she could have thing with Shikamaru but I feel that would be more because he’s in Konoha and because it would be simple and easy than because he would be the best for Sakura. Yuki would challenge her more and force her to grow. They could do some truly terrifying things together. There’s so many possibilities there.

I feel like Yuki knows more abou Sakura than she does about him though and would love to know even more about his background and what goes on in his head.

I usually can’t stand OCs but you’ve done a superb job with yours.
Allison997 chapter 27 . 7/9
I've recently found this fic and I absolutely love it!you make sakura acknowledge her weakness and how she goes about fixing it
Violetlarkspur chapter 27 . 7/8
Absolutely enjoyed this addition. I was incredibly happy when I saw the update considering I was rereading your story. The characterization and development of Sakura is quite interesting. I like you don't put her like a head cannon Mary Sue but show her egotism and inner conflicts of herself.

Compare to other stories, your character has obstacles and issues she isn't powerful just because she instantly was that way, but rather worked hard to achieve her goals. Self Made Ninja really rung true and I am incredibly thrilled by the prospect of future updates with new developments you might run up into the story.

I do not mind if there is no romantic relationship between the characters. I am quite thankful for the friendship and the link of strength of her loyalty to those of her family and friends. After all a village is just a block of wood and land, it doesn't make the family or the people inside.

I wouldn't mind seeing diplomatic work coming along to get Sakura with Shikamaru to go outward and not limiting it to two other villages. Thanks for the read. It was a enjoyable break and I do understand how College and work may get into the way.
moxxie chapter 27 . 7/8
this story kept me company during a very long journey and it was The Perfect company!
freaking loved reading this, BAMF!Sakura is my face and your Sakura is sublime. I adore the bonds she has with all the other characters (especially Shikamaru. I am weak for Sakura-Shikamaru interactions) and how you portray them
and the fight scenes are delightful!
also, love how you're handling canon. exactly like it should be handled. insert hearts and 100% emoji here
2,293 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »