Reviews for The Futile Facade
Chapt 6. Second time i reread this story. I feel like this whole triwizard tournement is a violation of riddle's agreement with Rigel at the end of second year.

He promised to not interfere with hogwarts, magically promised. There should be some form of repercussions against him for this.
Reinamy chapter 5 . 5/27
This last scene will always be one of my favorites in this incredible series because it reminds me so strongly of Alanna/George and AHHHHHHH. HP and SotL were my absolute favorite book series as a kid and never did I imagine that someone would create a fusion for them. This series just makes me so happy. I’ve read it so many times, I love it so much.
Lorien's Lady chapter 15 . 5/20
Like I said I’ve binged this and the reveal was fucking amazing. I had no idea when or how you were going to pull it off but I love how you did it So Much. So much. Kudos!
diecupcakes chapter 14 . 4/27
omg. Thank YOU so much for writing this book. Such a splendid climax to their ruse. Your story has swept me up into it entirely. It was every bit as satisfying and exhilarating as I’d hoped!
Rereading this, I love these characters of yours so much!
sexy-slytherdor chapter 1 . 4/20
This is the first time ive seen a HP fanfic reference a Tampra Pierce novel ! Im so excited to read!
reesessweetie chapter 11 . 2/24
reading about your favorite characters in this story: my favorite is leo. i just love his unwavering loyalty. he's smart, strong, kind and has a good sense of justice. i just love him. rooting for him!
reesessweetie chapter 15 . 2/23
wowoowwo, i have to say i was wondering how you were going to write the reveal. THIS WAS FANTASTIC~~! i'm actually very excited to see harry now finally in her own skin, with her own face. and whats going to happen next. i love that leo has figured it out. she needs someone to talk to about this. i'm hoping that harry ends up with leo at the end of the story. i read that you didn't want to focus too much on love in this story and that's fine. but just saying, i wouldn't be disappointed if you had harry fall in love with leo. throughout the story my only complaint tht there wasn't enough of leo! makes sense as he can't attend hogwards, maybe now we can see more of him. i'm gonna stop writing because i just have to get to the next book. soo excited!
BreathingStar chapter 14 . 2/20
Absolutely amazing. I love reading about secrets coming to light, and this was perfect.
In fact I must praise the entire series, it has had me spellbound for the past week or so.
Just to mention a few of the innumerable great aspects of the series: firs, the theory of magic in all its aspects and the way it is written - for me as a reader, the theoretic constructs have always been interesting and understandable. They appeared and grew in the story organically. Secondly, Rigel's/Harry's personality. Loveable with enough "flaws" that make me want to shake her at times to make her human. Thirdly, the ideas! Including the theory of magic, the social aspects, the Lower Alleys, and so much more. The seemingly boundless creativity you have for plot. I was amazed in the first book at how well you included the political history and party aspects, not knowing how much more amazing worldbuilding was to follow. Rigel wanting a sentient guardian in her mind and then the jewel becoming that later tied together wonderfully. I was very suspicious of the jewel this year, I assumed it was lying to Harry about needing to separate Riddle's magic at first, and that it actually separated a calm part of Harry's own magic, thus making her react more aggressively.
Thank you, very very very much, for sharing this series. I know that I will soon reach the end of what is posted. This has been a great finale. I will treasure this story, think about it a lot, and most likely reread it often.
Chapt 12.

Riddle needs to die.

Also, i know you said in an authors note that you didnt want the ruse to be discovered too early. But i do wish SOMEONE friendly learns of it and is supportive.
At chapt 7.

Rigel needs to knock off riddle. Use memories to convince others to help. Arrange traps, or ambushes. All with deniability of course.

Hell, steal some blood and do the ancestory test or voodoo.
On chapt 6. I feel like riddle has violated his vow he made at the end of year 2. He is actively and purposefully meddling with hogwarts.

Rigel has full rights to have the vow kill him. And consideri g how evil riddle is being, with minimal confusion. Rigel should kill him throigh the vow.

I mean seriously. Sleeping sickness, basilisk, and peter were all due to riddle. Even if he didnt mean for the events to happen the way they did, he is to blame. Either through malice, or incompetence, or both. He is regularly and continuously risking the lives of students with no remorse.
Ella chapter 9 . 1/26
I reread this all the time. the line “ My feelings are irrelevant. Listen to my words.” helped me articulate an issue of consent in a case where I was being pressured into sex
Emiliya Wolfe chapter 15 . 1/7
I left a review on book 5 but i feel like there is so much I left out here! I'd love a chapter from blaise's Pov when he realises the ward capturing his friend is the one that he has been working on all this time. Owen seemed so fishy, I was certain he was a pureblood (then the Muggleborn would have actually been a pureblood if he won, and Fleur is clearly a pureblood from a British standpoint, so any winner would mean a pureblood win). Im just WAITING for someone to pick up on the fact that Rigel said "half-blood to half-blood" and that she and Voldemort both referenced riddle. plots upon plots!
This story was beautifully crafted, from the thoughtful gifts from friends, to Lily"s discovery, to the unravelling of the pretence.
My only small issue is that all the women (except Tonks) are a bit gender stereotypedthey do the cooking, the main childcare and have to "parent" their husbands who get to act out. Alice Longbottom was an Auror in canon and it would have been nice to move Frank to the archives instead. Lily is responsible for Addy, not James. Sports are a "boy" thing despite only hermione complaining in canon. I know jk rowling acted similarly with mothers, but this is your chance to make it better! would be great to hear if in this world there is a prejudice against women duelling/fighting like in Alanna.
lirel.tamora chapter 14 . 1/2
This was so epic I love it
5,259 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »