Reviews for The Futile Facade
alexandrathorn chapter 5 . 2/25
!
wynn chapter 11 . 2/24
First of all, I'd like to say that your stories are truly amazing! Your writing is so polished and descriptive, and your characters all stand out and make me like them, sometimes despite myself. The plot never ceases to surprise and impress me, and the world is so beautifully detailed in such unique ways. You are a wonderful writer, and I love every single one of the Rigel stories.

I apologise for never having left a review before. I have lurked for many years, but this is in fact my first time reviewing on this website. When I considered how many times I had reread your stories or discussed them enthusiastically with my family, I realised how unfair it was that I’d never shared any of my appreciation with the person who put in all the effort.

So this is me thanking you. The Rigel Chronicles are my absolute favourite fanfiction. I have been following Harriett’s adventures avidly since 2012, before the Serpentine Subterfuge was completed. I admire how much time and dedication must have gone into these stories, and I am honoured that you chose to share them with the world. Thank you.
Oh my God please continue. This is too damn good to be discarded. This story is like balm to my soul lol
alexandrathorn chapter 1 . 2/23
ahhhh ! v v excited
Hi. I really love your take on the HP Universe. I feel like JK Rowling never went into teh depth of what MAGIC could really be and you make it so interesting. Please update soon. :)
Salma-sol chapter 11 . 2/22
I always save new chapters from this story to read as a treat, and they never disappoint! Thanks for continuing this epic tale even while you work on other projects.
I had to go reread a few chapters in preparation for the latest installment, and it was not a waste of time! I always love falling back into this world you've created, and I'm eager to see what happens. I appreciate how loyal you are to this story, even with evolving and varied life circumstances. Few authors would continue something that cannot be monetized in favor of pushing out original work. Of course, I'd love to read your original work, however I would be so depressed if this story was ever abandoned. Thanks again for this wonderful work!
alltheuntold chapter 11 . 2/17
Excellent chapter! I'm really happy to see an update! I think you really nailed Riddle's interactions in this chapter (not that you haven't before).
pinks99 chapter 11 . 2/17
Glad to see you are updating again! Thanks for the chapter!
Shidei chapter 11 . 2/16
This series is an absolutely amazing read. I don't think I can possibly explain in a review just how perfect literally everything about it is. I haven't been able to stop reading it since I started; the plot is incredibly engaging and I'm constantly on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. The characterizations for everyone are so on point and remain consistent, and character growth is very clear. I love being able to read from other peoples' perspectives (especially Snape and Riddle, given that they both know nothing about The Ruse and are trying to fit Rigel and Harry into little Normal-Child-Sized boxes), and it's always well-done and interesting to read. Rigel is super easy to want to cheer on (a HUGE plus), and it was particularly fulfilling to see her make friends with her magic after all the misunderstanding/miscommunication she had with it for so long. The original characters fit right into the narrative, taking nothing away and adding so much to the story. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about some of them when they were first introduced, but the more I see of them, the more I love them too- coming to like Caelum Lestrange was an especially wonderful turn-around from "I don't like that guy at all" to "every biting conversation he has with Harry/Rigel makes me laugh and I want to see more of this guy." The worldbuilding is so well-done, and expansions into how things work (potions, runes, etc) are also written in a way that is enjoyable to read, and helps build a platform that makes the world feel so much more real. There's a wonderful balance between introspection, setting and descriptions, and conversation- not once during the fic did I feel like there'd been too much of one that I wanted it to move on to something else. There are so many sub-plot threads here and there that all tie together and work in tandem to keep the reader on their toes and desperate to keep reading to find out what happens in each of them, with each piece being plenty engaging by itself that one doesn't grow tired of current events and wish that we'd go back to another plot point. Everything Happens So Much and I love every part of it. The foreshadowing is exquisite, giving just enough hints to make one either able to figure out what will happen next, or at least get the feeling that something ominous that can't be figured out quite yet is being teased (I don't trust Owens an inch! Is he somehow in league with the Voldemort construct? Is he suspicious for other reasons? I don't know! Can't wait to find out though!) and it's so very satisfying to be proven right on a hunch (Pettigrew particularly). I could go on all day; this work of fiction is by far the best fanfiction I've ever read, and I am very excited to read more! I'm definitely also interested in your original work you've mentioned in the Q&A, given that your writing style is so engaging (I know I've used that word a lot in this review) and delightful- I hope to catch it once it's published! Thank you so much for writing and sharing your writing and this fanfiction in particular with the world.
Janelle Evergreen chapter 11 . 2/15
This was an amazing series! It surprised me by its originality yet mix of Hp canon. I love love the Parent Trap vibe of the story there’s so much drama and plot it keeps me wanting more.

Rigel is definitely surprised me because I’m not used to reading female Harry fics, she’s so unique, fun, mysterious. Best protagonist I’ve read this year. I love how you write friendships and relationships keeping in mind the ages of characters, which makes it so believable and not gross at all!

Overall, I’m most excited by this 4th book - I’ve read one reviewer describe it similar to the Hunger Games! Which is 100% true! This tournament may very well be the turning point and possible reveal and omg its so thrilling and heart pumping!

Sorry for the gushing, but thank you for your works. Hoping for more updates :)
RedShirt1453 chapter 10 . 2/14
Glad to see that Rigel chose to say no to a relationship with Draco. Disappointed that Rigel didn't use more free dueling techniques.
HecateMist chapter 11 . 2/14
Aaahhhhh this was so good! I could barely sit still reading this, I was absolutely enthralled.

Dom was absolutely excellent. I read the first part of this in a free computers class and I had to stop myself from laughing out loud at his slippers and smoking jacket. It's very interesting to me to compare him and Harry to Ava and whatever-that-demon-lady's-name-is from "Ava's Demon". Both Dom and that demon lady are ancient, incredibly powerful beings with a flair for the dramatic caught in the mind of a young teen and yearning for world domination. But the dynamic ends up being very different, because of how strong-willed and determined Harry is. I just thought that was neat, and I wanted to say about it.

Archie's present to Harry was so funny oh my goodness. A strap on. I died of amusement.

I'm a little concerned about Rigel wearing multiple compression vests, since I'm pretty sure that's dangerous? Especially when swimming, you're not even supposed to wear a normal commercial binder then (but you can wear one if it's got a little extra room, like an old one that's stretched out). But I'm not sure how available binders were in 1995. I guess I'll just have to hope she doesn't pick up a habit of it, she'll be fine. And she's talented enough that she could probably men's any damage that did occur herself.

Lubricus Corpus? Only in this story is that part of a cool and creative fight scene and not,,, something else entirely that I'm sure Harry would deeply disprove of. Well, not disprove, but be vaguely squicked out by.

All the kids being protective of each other is so precious but also heart breaking because no! You're children! You shouldn't have to worry about this! But I suppose my friends and I would be exactly the same if we were in this world, we're all incorrigible worries about everyone but ourselves. 10/10 relatable teens.

This was such fun and reading it really brightened my day! Thank you so much for writing it!
aclysm chapter 11 . 2/14
This is such a fantastic story! I love all of your characters so much and miss them between meetings. I am very intrigued by Owens, at one point I was thinking that Diary Riddle had possessed him but with this chapter I’m thinking he’s got a connection to Lestrange? I can’t wait for what comes next, and thank you very much for sharing your work!
Janelle Evergreen chapter 1 . 2/12
Harry raising her harem once again ;)
3,890 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »