Reviews for Runaways
AssortedFandoms chapter 7 . 8/20/2019
So, am I to believe that Judal and Hakuryuu just left a cursed pumpkin burning in the buttcrack of the mountains?

On a different note, for some reason I'm loving the magic and the way it's described in this one, it's really satisfying for some reason.
AssortedFandoms chapter 6 . 10/6/2018
*happy humming/giggling* ah, this one makes me happy, you know? Look, I know that you haven't updated in literally a year, but sometimes people come back, so I'm holding out hope. If you choose to continue, you'll have at least one reader, because I'd love to see more. It makes me happy. So yeah. This is my encouragement for you to continue this. Don't give up I the good things.
Claywind chapter 4 . 12/1/2016
Is Morgiana the wolg? It sounds too… obvious, I’m sure you’re trying to mess with me. But I get the feeling she has further motives than hitch-hiking where Hakuryuu is concerned. Or perhaps she’s just lonely. Or perhaps she wants to eat his soul.

Ha! So I’m not the only one, Judal too is on my side… Well, it’s not like the crazy guy backing me up doesn’t give me more credibility, but still.

Sidenote, Hakuryuu and Judal are very cute to each other when they’re not arguing.

ALRIGHT, so Morgiana IS the wolg. Shit. And I suppose Judal is her prey? Or is it Hakuryuu?
And it sounds like my theory was correct. Judal is draining magic or energy from the weird places they visit.
Full moon… Morgiana is a red werewolf, then. Huh. Would have expected a lion, or at least a feline of some sort. And, wow, the Wolg is freaking huge! And terrifying! And Morgiana is badass.

And Judal teleported them out of here. Since Hakuryuu mentioned earlier how “Judal would not be so stupid as to teleport”, I’m going to assume that was a very bad thing. Al-Thamen is going to know where they are, now, aren’t they?
Ok, my thoughts about Morgiana, is that she’s a cute badass werewolf and she’d rather take the bus than be stuck with “two lovestruck boys” (that part made me laugh).
I’m not entirely sure that both Judal and Hakuryuu have acknowledged they’re in a relationship. Their behavior sure suggests they have, but I don’t remember such a scene. Maybe I’m confusing with Wither Flourish and Feast.

Still a wonderful job so far.
Claywind chapter 3 . 11/24/2016
So.
Morgiana enters the fray. Pretty nice. And she is actually some sort of “werelion” in this setting? Cool.

I'm actually getting really intrigued by this story and I hope that you'll update another chapter at some point. Preferably soon, but it's not like I can make demands...

Anyway, your writing style is good, fluid and I really like how you portray Judal and Hakuryuu. Morgiana is still a bit too mysterious for me to pass a judgement of any kind, but I enjoyed what you've done with her up until now.

Awesome job so far.
Claywind chapter 2 . 11/24/2016
Hehehehehe...
Still giggling like an idiot at the last one.

Sooo... I've got a theory! Judal isn't just visiting tourist traps for fun, he does it to collect/strenghten his magic. So that he'll be ready when facing Gyokuen.
I'm both amused by the Hitchcock references and peeved at Judal for bringing up Hakuryuu's "maternal issues". Well, it allowed for a touching apology (and a nice shower scene), so that's alright, I guess.

Still a great job so far.
Claywind chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
Holy shiiiiiiiit... this is good. Like, really good. You describe their evolving relationship very nicely.
I'm still unsure about the setting though. From what I gather, it's a modern AU, where Hakuryuu is on the run (what for?) and Judal is still a magi (or a very powerful magical thing) and magic exists, apparently, but does not seem common or officially acknowledged.

The (hope-realizing?) bunny is a nice cliff-hanger too. If Judal hopes he'll be ready, does that mean he will be?
What started like a funny road-trip actually seems to have a plot.

Anyway, good job so far.
Boulevard-of-The-Unbreakable chapter 2 . 11/2/2016
I really love this story, Hakuryu's relationship with Judal is just so cute and natural I might die!