Reviews for God Bless The Child
PearlM21 chapter 20 . 9/18
I read the sequel first, so this story has been a prequel to me. It was an enjoyable read. It was a bit surprising to me for Cal to come around as quickly as he did, but I would definitely think that being on the Titanic changed him. Anyone who survived that is going to have major trauma. When we see him the last time in the movie while he's looking for Rose, he definitely seems different. You can't walk away from something like that and not be. I am sure that experience would help him in a situation like this. He did look out for Ruth after all.

I don't know if you have one out, but it would be interesting to see the events that happen between this fic and the sequel.
PearlM21 chapter 8 . 9/17
I loved the lines where Cal talked about the fire inside Rose and how once upon a time he wanted to dance in the flames, but now he just wanted to put a bucket of ice water on them. The line about how those were the most awkward moments Rose had ever seen was great too.
PearlM21 chapter 1 . 9/17
Yea as understandable and beautiful of a moment it was for Rose to take Jack's last name, it was still pretty screwed up that she let her mother think she was dead. Ruth had a lot of faults as a mother. but that's still a pretty insane step to take. She could have sent her a letter later or something. Anyone would be hurt.
audreyoctopus chapter 20 . 9/13
This was AMAZING. I usually don't like Cal/Rose because I just can't forgive Cal for what he did to Rose, but you really sold me on this pairing. I like how you gave both Cal and Ruth a redemption arc, that was really well done.

Your writing style is beautiful and I know I'm going to be thinking about this story for a while. I stayed up late to binge read it and I don't regret it one bit, and I fully intend to do the same thing with the sequel, which I am sure will be equally fantastic. I love all your metaphors, for example the ones about fire and ice. That really sums up Cal and Rose's relationship - especially because fire melts ice.

Anyway, loved it, amazing, beautiful, fantastic. Have a great day/night and thank you for an awesome read.

-Audrey :)
audreyoctopus chapter 5 . 9/13
Poor Rose. I think that Jack would still be proud of her - she's doing what she has to do to protect their son, after all.

I like how this story changes perspectives, it's interesting to see a different take on things. I'm loving this fic so far and am looking forward to reading the rest.

Have a great day/night!

-Audrey :)
BlondeBarbieGirl chapter 14 . 1/29
this story is absolutely brilliant! i never thought i’d like a story where jack was dead, and rose and cal were the relationship.

thank you for writing this!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/26/2019
Cal and Rose simply wonderful.
Cal Lively n.n
Hermy chapter 1 . 4/15/2018
Hi! I happened to stumble across your fanfic while reading through so many fics on Cal x Rose, and by this, this fic is one of the best I've read, plot-wise. :) I hope you wouldnt mind me posting my feedbacks on how to make this fic an even better one, there are certain parts that need a little tweaking (sometimes you may not realised this, but at times the dialogues can get too wordy and repetitive) but the rest is still AWESOME. Ok.. here we go!
Hermy chapter 20 . 4/15/2018
"It's been nearly fifteen years..to most, titanic was a ship of dreams..but to me it was a slave ship,, taking back to America in chains.."

Oooooooo... reading those words.. instant nostalgia struck me. Spikessweetgirl75, YOU'RE A GENIUS!

AWESOME ENDING TO AN AWESOME FANFICTION! *Standing ovation! :D :D :D
I really appreciate your time and efforts making this fic, and as a sign of appreciation, I feel that I need to give reviews for each chapter that you made. :) That's the least I could do as a reader. Thank you so much for this, and lol thank you for keeping me awake till 3 am at night, I'm LITERALLY STUCK to my phone reading the whole 20 chapter in the dead of night.

Fyi.. back to my feedback on those things that get 'wordy' sometimes.. just refer back to this:

"Jacob..I'm afraid that your mother and I.."
"It's a long story, Jacob..." those sentences following these could have been shorter and straight to other point.
Hermy chapter 19 . 4/15/2018
"The Stork is coming?" HAHHAa HOW ADORABLE!
Love the way you set the scene on the Hockley household after Nathan's passing. Rose as the Missus of the house. She's doing well herself :)

Wasn't expecting them having twins! :D
Hermy chapter 18 . 4/15/2018
"tell us, doctor. Is this it? Has the end finally come" LOL! I can't help but chuckled at the sight of this! I miss that old Cal hahahah.

This is a good chapter, Nathan shall be missed. :(

Btw referring back to my feedback on how some things are wordy and repetitive, just read back on this part, "you know, my father never read to me like this.."
and "But you shouldn't feel guilty for how you feel". :)
Hermy chapter 17 . 4/15/2018
Oh Nathan, I dont know how Helena can keep up with you, she's a wonder. Helena and Nathan are strong characters in this fic, you have established solid characterisation for them, they're needed for this fic, especially Helena's presence. It would have been better if you could insert a few scenes where it focuses on Nathan's thoughts about his worries, his impending death and probably some scenes with him and Helena. So far, he has been portrayed as a father figure that constantly pull Cal down, but I'm sure he has his insecurities that only his wife could understand. His character could have explored further.
Hermy chapter 16 . 4/15/2018
Finally the custody issue has been resolved :) I think it's just me but I find Rose's outburst to be off-character but I dont blame her reacting like that though, I'd be pissed too haha

After going through chapter 13-16, I think it would have been better if Molly is in the picture. This is the perfect time for her to support Rose as a close friend. Afterall, she's the only outsider that knows about Jacob and the custody. Something to think about in case you want to revised the fic :)
Hermy chapter 15 . 4/15/2018
Aww! This has to be one of my favourite chapter! I'm a sucker for Cal dotting on his wife! 33
Love how you set up this scene especially on Nathan pressing for a heir and how Cal responded to this. And ofcourse, with Helena being there, it makes the chapter even better.

Again, referring back to my previous feedback on repetitions, in this chapter, just read back on these parts.
""well then you shall have him, darling. you shall have anything you want. I meant what..." the words following that.

"right. As you know, he had left mother and I nothing. Only his good name..." (too long)

"you dont have to love me back.." (too mushy and off character) same goes to this "Right. But..I do love you

:) Just leaving constructive feedbacks on this
Hermy chapter 14 . 4/15/2018
Interesting revelation on the Dawson's motives over the custody. :O Makes sense after all that!
Btw referring to my previous feedback on Chapter 13 on some of the wordy bits, there are some of it here in the chapter. Just read on the part where Rose got emotional, "of course i would. i loved him we had a son together.. he was" and the sentences followed there were too wordy and unnecessary to be honest. :)