Reviews for An Ordinary Reckoning
YuYuHakushoObsesser chapter 19 . 3/1
I apologize for not reviewing on the first part of this but I was so engrossed in reading that I just had to continue to this one :D this is literally my most favorite story I've found on here so far for this series. I relate to Lindsey very, very well. it was so nice to read an oc that wasn't the knock out beauty everyone else is and she has the best personality ever. I'm entirely enthralled with her and so can't wait to see the next chapter!
this was great!
Guest chapter 19 . 9/7/2017
Are you going to continue this storey? Maybe a time jump where it shows Damon and Lindsey as adoptive parents and Joshua and sister are toddlers and Foley is still in prison
bfireworks5 chapter 19 . 2/9/2017
she's in shock now...
delenalu chapter 19 . 2/8/2017
I wonder how much of Lindsey's experience as a journalist is actually a genuine experience, transfigured artistically. Probably a high percentage, since it radiates so much authenticity.

Otherwise, the chapter provoked me so many feelings!
I absolutely loved to remember the events of "Ordinary Loneliness", reflected by Lindsey with the suitable self-censorship and with the diplomacy given by her intelligence. I loved as well the clever way in which she answered the questions about vampires, using irony, anchoring in some real, incontestable facts (eg her cancer) and deconstructing stereotypes. (Damon's reaction - priceless!) I exulted sadistically :) about Foley's terror and Damon's special, original revenge! There is justice in the world! :) And I was excited by their excitement at the prospect of becoming parents. :)
mommy4thomas chapter 19 . 2/8/2017
I really loved your first story and love this one even more so! The courtroom scenes were done so, so well. Lindsay handled everything just perfectly - she had be grinning from ear to ear! Damon's compulsion on Foley is both priceless and jest! You made me adore that vampire even more! My only complaint is that the story is coming to an end! Lindsay is truly a wonderful character that you've created! I'll miss her greatly when the stories are done. That only means I'll just have to re-read your stories again and again! If you can't tell, I loved the chapter (and the story)! Excited to read the next one to see if Lindsay and Damon do adopt those sweet babies.
J.J. Swan chapter 19 . 2/7/2017
Oh my gosh! That was a fantastic chapter! I just loved Lindsay on the witness stand and I loved Damon's little visit with Foley at the prison. This is one of the best stories that I have read on fanfiction and I have really enjoyed it! Thank you for writing it! Looking forward to the next chapter!
angelicedg chapter 19 . 2/7/2017
Loved it! So good :)
Ratty1975 chapter 19 . 2/7/2017
What an absolutely horrific punishment for a committed homophobe! The guy totally had it coming though!

So, justice is done at last, but what does the future hold? Will Damon and Lyndsey ever be able to live in peace? Will somebody swear vengeance for the Augustines?

Great work as always, Natchez - can't wait to see how this story concludes! And can't wait for whatever the next story brings!
delenalu chapter 18 . 2/1/2017
Lindsey's spiritual discourse; the trial itself (which reveals some sinister research in the area of the genetic manipulation), proof of a precise knowledge of the legal procedure (friends know why! LOL); the dialogues, so natural and normal, seeming to connect real people; this sweet, beautiful end, with Damon and Lindsey finding courage, balance and joy in each other...

Such a good chapter!
Ratty1975 chapter 18 . 1/30/2017
Not looking good for Foley! But I wonder if there is something up his sleeves?

As they say on the news, "the trial continues..."
Ele chapter 18 . 1/30/2017
As always - a wonderful chapter. We need more Lindseys in our world :))
angelicedg chapter 18 . 1/30/2017
Sweet chapter! Thank you for updating!
delenalu chapter 17 . 1/29/2017
Reading this chapter, I was thinking, just like the others reviewers, that I love this balance you managed to build between the supernatural things and the quotidian activities. The mix is something original and attractive to read. :)

I liked as well: Damon's threat addressed to Katherine (priceless!), this interesting difference between sire bond and blood bond, Damon, seen as the prince of the darkness (and easy to love!),
Lindsey's maternal attitude, coupled with Damon's protective instinct (that makes me think with joy at the prospect that the two of them could adopt a child), Katherine's ritual of exorcism (a good opportunity for Lindsey to demonstrate her balance, her wisdom, her spiritual beauty, her humanity...), the end with horror overtones.
Ratty1975 chapter 17 . 1/26/2017
But is it really the end of Katherine? Or will darker forces find a way to bring her back? Who can be sure, but one thing's for certain - I don't think she'd be wise to mess with Lyndsey for at least the next hundred years!

I loved the contrast between supernatural witchcraft and domestic everyday life - I ought to use it in my own writing sometime!