Reviews for Singing In The Sun
encarna chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Your use of the language is comendable, fits very well with the overall tone of LoTR. Nice AU
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
This is wonderful!
Ilinga chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Oh, this was beautiful! I love your style, it flows well. I like a story that really makes a vivid image in my mind, and this certainly did. Well done! :)
Lady Berenice chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
This is lovely! i love the interaction between Eomer and Boromir - the comaradery (sp?) of two warriors, and yet the friendly rivalry between Rohan and Gondor
Anne-Marie chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Ooo, I like, I like. My two favorite men! Where is the rest of it?
kye chapter 1 . 1/23/2003
hey i suddenly remembered another little tidbit suggestion just as i was in bed falling asleep last night... i thought at the part where they're discussing light spirits amid dark times, you could have eomer throw in a perky little proverb, like, "a high spirit is a beacon on a dark day, my friend; sometimes it is the only weapon we have."

(heh, sorry if you were hoping for a REAL critique... i'm just always trying to think of poetic ways to say things.. perhaps i shall return if i can find a few more nanoseconds of spare time)
Osheen Nevoy chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
This is fab! You MUST continue writing (and posting) this - there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth if you do not. Really, this is an excellent idea, and you've done brilliantly with it. I love the good saga-esque Old Norse feel to what you've done with the Rohirrim culture,their lack of literacy (according to Boromir) but their in-depth knowledge of their sagas, and the grim but cheerful idea of laughing in the dark. Good, vivid descriptions, great humour, and very strong, clear (and likeable) characterisations. Very cool! I can't wait to see the rest of the story - I must admit I am intrigued by the Author's Note that Eomer (and others?) are replacing Merry and Pippin. What's happening to them, why aren't they coming along? But yes, anyway, REALLY great - write, write, write!
Liza Akita chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
This is definitely well-written stuff! You kept Boromir and Eomer in perfect character too,no easy feat. _ I look foward to the next chapter! Keep up the great work.

-Akita
kyesophina chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
oh thank-you so much for having some new stories! i'm super stressed this week and need some new good fanfic. a good boromir fic is always nice... i'm glad someone finally pulled out this stage of boromir's journey, it really seems to beg for some fanficcers to probe it.

okay these are purely my personal little teeny suggestions that aren't really nitpicks or anything... i think that though boromir didn't read as much as his brother, i'm sure he'd be well aware of all the traffic between rohan and gondor in old days... surely he remembers the story of when rohan saved the day upon the field of celebrant, when gondor was still a pretty vast empire i think. i'd have eomer also say that "our daughters married your sons" because that certainly happened, not the least being one of the kings. and then boromir says, "yes, yes, but.." and then go back to him looking for imladris.

and you can refer to that battle again when he says "then gondor is in your debt" and say 'as it has been in times past' or something like that.

and when boromir ponders his duty to save gondor, maybe he can think of his role of guardian over his brother, and how his father is aging and in despair. and then again how all his kin and countrymen are so hard beset by the enemy... and the secret to both the enemy's strength and weakness, his final defeat, lies in imladris. must get a hold of it before he does! then i can bring him to justice! i can defeat him, avenge our kin and make him pay for the long long years of torment!

okay gettin carried away there. i just think that he had his humanistic side, in his way, that could be demonstrated in an intimate little piece like this... anyway... ttyl
Crackerjack chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Thank you, plot bunny! And thank you for not resisting the challenge. This chapter was beautifully written. Like the rest, I can't wait to see what you have in the wings.
Stories from AngelsFall chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Like I said before, bravo. :-) You demonstrate a wonderful prose style, compose intriguing yet accessible poetry, and give us a tempting plot to boot. Well done.

And no, I'm not sucking up. ;-) I really do like this. Now I shall pout and tap my foot until you give us more.
Ginger chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
This is wonderful! I anxiously (sorry don't think I spelled that correctly)await your next chapter!

Ginger
Starfleet Hobbit chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Cool story! I love it!
Alice A chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
This is a *wonderful* AU story, full of poetry and song and gorgeous images. I find your Eomer almost as intriguing as Boromir, who is still my favorite. I loved the song that you created for Eomer to give some hint of where Rivendell might lie as well as his description of the elves. I hopefully look forward to further chapters.
honest iago chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Nice, well written work. You chose a highly original topic, and made something interesting and enjoyable out of it. Good characterisation. Keep it up! :)