Reviews for The Meiji Teachings: The Sword That Protects
Memory25 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
This is one good story... But I think mebe you put too much of Kenshin in this... mebe u should have added at least some Kaoru inside... after all, Kaoru is Yahiko's sensei, so she should have quite an impact on him..Though if you're just writing from the chapter where Kenshin met Yahiko (removing the bitty part with Kaoru catching him when he stole the wallet) than I guess it would be ok. (Don't worry, this fic is still good)
Warg chapter 1 . 3/24/2006

Very nice portrayal of Yahiko's POV.

He really is overlooked often.

The prose was simple and easy to follow... perfect for the characters thought process.

Works very nicely with the way yahiko first acted with Kenshin and the way he looks at, and upto him later. Great Job.

omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Nice articulation of Yahiko's POV. The frustration he felt at being a weak kid facing adult battles came through very clearly. It also explains the way he lashed out at Kenshin and Kaoru on the bridge in the anime series.

I really like how you described the way Kenshin inspired Yahiko too.

Nice job!
Lexi-chan chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
_ that was really nice...I loved it, haven't read anything better then this in the past days...nice work! _
lightning-storm chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I don't think I've read your stories before, but this character sketch is really well done. _
TanukiGirl22 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
your character sketches are really good, better than mine, although we write sketches in a similar style. i also believe yahiko is a cool character and is underappreciated. i love your work, keep writing, and pls review my fics too!
Arcia chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
he is not underappreciated!

Oh well...You got inside his head and portayed him well. Great job.
Heiress of Saturn chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
_ Very very good. Sounds like what I figured he'd think about. Great job :)

~TBH (unincorporated)
Saucie chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Oh yes, Yahiko is definitely underappreciated. And you've appreciated him wonderfully.

Initially I thought a character sketch would be something written from the - um - outside, if you know what I mean. Something that wasn't from Yahiko's point of view. But honestly, its much better this way. And the reasoning is perfect. It fits Yahiko perfectly. It isn't too deep - because people tend to do that (okay, *I* tend to do that) by making him too introspective or complex ... and after all, whatever his ambitions are and whatever he tries to be, he's only ten years old, and he should think like a ten-year-old. And he does, in this. He's a lot more experienced than a normal ten-year-old, of course, and you've taken that into account too. I mean, that *is* the point, after all.

Anyway, brilliantly done. Almost sounded like one of those tributes ... but it was different, and captivating.
Kitsanken chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Yes, Yahiko is often overlooked-which is SO unfair-

At first I thought the character sketch was written with the thoughts of some one much older-after all, Yahiko is only 10 yrs, right?-. But as I continued reading I began to see where it was going-In the series, Kenshin is always saying that Yahiko is young outside, but older inside, so it makes sense then that his thoughts will be more mature. After all, he had to grow up pretty fast, didn't he?

Well, another great fic!