Reviews for Light of the Snow Red Village
Jedi Brother Horace chapter 36 . 4/9/2004
So the chapter with Megumi comes to a close. Good stuff! But still, I have some little complaints. I think Kenshin and Aoshi's duel wasn't intense enough, although I liked your dialogue here better than in the manga.
And the Oniwabanshuu are alive! I like this change. I'm sure it'll provide some interesting scenarios come Kyoto, especially when they meet with the Juppongatana.
So what's next on your table, perhaps the arc with Raijuta and Yutarou? Hell, you could write Kenshin and Hikari going to the moon and I'd still tune in... Ja mata! Keep up the good work!
sugaraybravo chapter 36 . 4/9/2004
...NYAAO~! Finally! _ I suppose I don't mind that much about Sano not being clueless... I guess it makes me like him more. _ I love the story, na no da!
Elliot Damion chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
you picked it back up! :D
hakubaikou chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
The changes were great. I look forward to how you're going to incorporate them further down the timeline. It's when you deviate the most from the canon events that this fic gets the most exciting.
Favorite part of this chapter was the interaction with Hikari at the end though. Although I love action sequences, your "small" scenes really have a way of getting to me.
Kenshin preachy? Well, maybe a little, but he wouldn't seem like Kenshin without that. I thought the dialogue was fine.
Thanks for another great chapter.
icemint chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
hahaha *hugs your beta-readers* I'm glad you finally updated. Another awesome chapter! Writing is fun! Please update soon! ...or whenever you have time ::
Crystal Renee chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
I'm a little frustrated right now, but I like this fic so much I'll forget my frustration and review nicely:
VERY NICE CHAPTER! I had a few grins coming and going with the Megumi/Sano interaction. I'm not sure why, but it just entertained me. _ LOL. It must just be me!
Now, if you really wanna know why I'm so frustarted, my stupid e-mail isn't working. The computer doesn't recognize my password or my sign in name. I and I know the caps lock is off, and everything is spelled right. I'm about ready to rip the computer off of the the darn desk! GRR!
_ Well, since THAT'S out of the way...
I will tell you one more time, this was a very nice chapter. I enjoyed it. I'll patiently await your next update.
Mistress Battousai chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
Once again, another good chapter. So is Aoshi going to go mad with revenge then in Kyoto, since his friends are still alive? Ohh, I can't wait, update soon!
Calger chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
*throws a party* the 6th arc is done! Yay! Im so proud of you for working through the character difficulties I know youve had with this part of the story. A very satisfying conclusion, and the little scene between Hikari and Kenshin was just heartbreaking. I can see some trouble for them in the near future *sniff* Great chapter, a pleasure to read as always :) The Oniwabanshu being alive...yeah thats an interesting change. Part (well okay, I should say all) of Aoshis obsessive drive in the Kyoto arc was because of what he saw as his double failure to protect his comrades and also grab the title of the strongest. Obviously theyre all going to be ticked that Kenshin won...hmm I wonder if theyll all join up with Shishio then. Oh...poor Ken-chan -_-;;
Did Kenshin sound too preachy? Not really, hes way more preachy in the anime version, I think. I thought their conversation was fine. Besides that kind of fight makes even more of a contrast to the one between Kenshin and Saitou, where the emotions are running so high neither speaks. Their battle is a dance of death, pure and simple.
Kenshin gets just as much accomplished with words as he does with his sword; I think its part of the reason he wins so often.
Now that this part of the story is over Im *really* eager to see what you have coming next. I hope it doesnt take too long *Calger hands Akais muse a giant gift-wrapped box of Sano cookies*. Good luck, gambatte ne!
JML chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
hey, Sano uses it again (and loses it again) in the Jinchuu Hen.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
Yay! So glad you updated! I was so excited to get the Author Alert! _ And wow, you've got the Oniwabanshuu alive? I'm really interested to see how that changes the future; do you have it all planned out? Well, cyz!
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 35 . 3/23/2004
And you're stopping NOW? Just when it's getting GOOD? Now this is some good writing... Taking a scene I've seen before and making it so throughly interesting that I hated the ending because it ended. 00 You must write more *points finger*
Demonwoman2004 chapter 35 . 3/13/2004
If you don't hurry up and write another chapter, i'm gonna have to do something dangerous. Your story is really good, no great, though. But to leave it off right there! How could you! OH well, it's not like we don't know what happens. By the way, don't take three months to write this new chapter, Okay?
Demon woman2004 chapter 10 . 2/26/2004
Hey, I was looking through Rurouni Kenshin one day in the Tomoe section and I saw your story. I fell in love with it, I swear. It is such a great story! I'm only on chapter 10, but I'll keep reading. Is this story finished or are you still typing it?
Draken72 chapter 35 . 2/13/2004
Wow... that was great! Please update soon. _
MegumiFuu chapter 35 . 1/19/2004
::Slowly claws her way back onto the face of the Earth:: Whew! ::Brushes herself off:: Uh, wow, its been a while since I've reviewed. Ek! Sorry about that!
What to say except that once again, you've managed to deliver wonderful chapters in this incredible fic. Megumi last chapter was written, once again, in character in my opinion. I think you've really captured the guilt that she feels over her involvement with Kanryuu and getting the Kenshin-gumi involved. Introspective Sano during this chapter was also interesting. The death of the zanbatou and his feelings on it were a nice addition. Ahh, your characterization is wonderful... Don't doubt yourself!
Finally, I loved the last line: "And Kenshin just kept smiling." I have this wonderful mental image of Kenshin with a small smile, almost, but not quite a smirk ('cause that wouldn't be Kenshin) and a determined look on his face. But that's just my interpretation.
Keep writing!