Reviews for Light of the Snow Red Village
MegumiFuu chapter 35 . 1/19/2004
::Slowly claws her way back onto the face of the Earth:: Whew! ::Brushes herself off:: Uh, wow, its been a while since I've reviewed. Ek! Sorry about that!
What to say except that once again, you've managed to deliver wonderful chapters in this incredible fic. Megumi last chapter was written, once again, in character in my opinion. I think you've really captured the guilt that she feels over her involvement with Kanryuu and getting the Kenshin-gumi involved. Introspective Sano during this chapter was also interesting. The death of the zanbatou and his feelings on it were a nice addition. Ahh, your characterization is wonderful... Don't doubt yourself!
Finally, I loved the last line: "And Kenshin just kept smiling." I have this wonderful mental image of Kenshin with a small smile, almost, but not quite a smirk ('cause that wouldn't be Kenshin) and a determined look on his face. But that's just my interpretation.
Keep writing!
Jedi Brother Horace chapter 35 . 12/31/2003
Nice chapter, as always. _
Honestly though, I can't see why you say writing fight scenes isn't your strong point. I think you do them excellently. Better than any RK fanfic author I've read.
For me, well written fights are a combination of good description, snappy dialogue and well developed tension. Your interpretation of Kenshin and Sano's fight with Hanya and Shikijou had all these. I especially liked Kenshin's self-decrepating "You really are a baka-deshi..." comment, it was humurous and displayed a bit of his character at the same time. I especially liked his banter with Aoshi as they began their dance, although did you have to cut it short again? :( And Sano's Zanbatou? Why'd you break it? Oh well, guess it had to happen.
inca-dove chapter 35 . 12/28/2003
oi! made me wait awhile huh? well, the wait was worth it after all. Great chap. just...please.. dont make me wait so long again. ::trys to bribe author with candy:: and theres more where that came from too. tee hee. well, as always, i loved this chap, and ill be waiting for the next,
inca
Lady No Da 201 chapter 35 . 12/28/2003
Wow, great story, I just saw the first part of Kenshin's battle with Aoshi, so this was nice to find! !
Crystal Renee chapter 35 . 12/27/2003
Yay! I'm so glad that you updated, you have no idea! Kept seeing that Kendo no Go was updated and I kept thinking, when will she update Light of the Snow Red Village? Well you updated, and I'm very pleased with how this turned out. My favorite line was when Kenshin said "I was deciding if I was dead or not." I don't know why but it just made me laugh. Good and I hope you don't have as much of a problem writing the next chapter as you did this one. It was very good, rest assured.
boredfangirl chapter 35 . 12/27/2003
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STORY!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
hakubaikou chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
A lovely Christmas present to have another chapter in this, one of my favorite fan fics ever. Thank you so much for continuing this, Akai-san. I love this story dearly, and I was thrilled to read this chapter.
I don't think you've made Kenshin too broody at all. Sure, he's not as cheery and oro-ful as in the series, but I love what you're doing with his character. Sano's great as well. Both characterizations felt spot-on. I really like Kenshin and Sano's dialogue.
Aoshi doesn't feel as developed. But then again, he never felt very developed to me in the series either, so I don't think that's any kind of failing on your part. I thought you wrote him very well, to be honest.
Anyway, I love your writing in general, but I love this story most of all. Whatever time you need to take for the next chapter will be time well spent. I eagerly await it.
Melissa chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
Thank you so much for the update! This chapter was also enjoyable. Aoshi is a baffling character, so I'm very pleased that his pre-battle "banter" with Kenshin was so clever. I'm also amazed how the plot progresses without simply reiterating the events, and your changes are intriguing. I hope the "soon" is just that, but I'll have some patience, if you can make it worth the wait:)
missaw chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
lol man that ain't fair, comedy isn't your thing but your still good at it.
awesome chappy _ s'great. hmm was it my imagination or were the fights harder on kenshin and sano than they were in the anime and manga? hehe whatever it was a cool chapter soo that means you gotta update soon!
Mistress Battousai chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
This is a really good story! I love it a lot. It seems to be really hard to find a good writer worth reviewing for. I think this is my favorite fan-fic so far. I have read some good ones but this one is the best out of all. I like your fight scenes and the humor in some of them. You characterize all the characters very well. I am eagerly awaiting your next chapters! So update soon please!
Mistress Battousai
Wistful-Eyes chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
Yes! An update! *cheers* Even if it was abrupt, doesn't matter because we're all so psyched to see a new chapter. :P Kenshin smiling so much reminded me of Soujiro. _'' Ha.
sugaraybravo chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
YAY! _ *mini fanfare* YOU UPDATED! Oh, and is it just me, or does Sano seem a little more... i dunno... calculating? _ Whatever. I love it!
Crazy Girl Person chapter 35 . 12/24/2003
Yeah, for some reason it only shows one "w" in the address so you have to manually add the other 2 to get it to work.
Anyway, great chapter as usual. It was certainly worth the wait if it was a bit short. I look forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work!
icemint chapter 35 . 12/24/2003
Oi! Someone has so graciously revived you! I have been reading so many different fics since the last time you updated, I nearly forgot what was happening. I had to read the last chapter over before starting this one. I really like the way you write your fighting scenes, they're great. I figure you're a very optimistic person, which I find rather interesting. People usually bite my head off when I point out one thing or another. I loved this chapter and I hope you update sometime in the near future! (Keyword here is: "near") _
JML Jason M. Lee chapter 35 . 12/24/2003
neither for me but i'm decent. takes me awhile to figure it out before i get TOO descriptive. *makes a face when trying that sometime ago* this one is good, short, but good. sucks that the zanbatou had to go (again! drat, i was hoping for that piece to last at least the entire length of this piece! have it repaired? *looks hopeful*).
Aoshi causing trouble for you? yare yare... that's why i go with AU; i can take some liberties but at the same time, i have to make sure to at least keep the base of the characters' personalities. if i didn't, then i'd have a mob at my front door.
499 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »