Reviews for Light of the Snow Red Village
Wistful-Eyes chapter 36 . 4/8/2004
Yay! So glad you updated! I was so excited to get the Author Alert! _ And wow, you've got the Oniwabanshuu alive? I'm really interested to see how that changes the future; do you have it all planned out? Well, cyz!
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 35 . 3/23/2004
And you're stopping NOW? Just when it's getting GOOD? Now this is some good writing... Taking a scene I've seen before and making it so throughly interesting that I hated the ending because it ended. 00 You must write more *points finger*
Demonwoman2004 chapter 35 . 3/13/2004
If you don't hurry up and write another chapter, i'm gonna have to do something dangerous. Your story is really good, no great, though. But to leave it off right there! How could you! OH well, it's not like we don't know what happens. By the way, don't take three months to write this new chapter, Okay?
Demon woman2004 chapter 10 . 2/26/2004
Hey, I was looking through Rurouni Kenshin one day in the Tomoe section and I saw your story. I fell in love with it, I swear. It is such a great story! I'm only on chapter 10, but I'll keep reading. Is this story finished or are you still typing it?
Draken72 chapter 35 . 2/13/2004
Wow... that was great! Please update soon. _
MegumiFuu chapter 35 . 1/19/2004
::Slowly claws her way back onto the face of the Earth:: Whew! ::Brushes herself off:: Uh, wow, its been a while since I've reviewed. Ek! Sorry about that!
What to say except that once again, you've managed to deliver wonderful chapters in this incredible fic. Megumi last chapter was written, once again, in character in my opinion. I think you've really captured the guilt that she feels over her involvement with Kanryuu and getting the Kenshin-gumi involved. Introspective Sano during this chapter was also interesting. The death of the zanbatou and his feelings on it were a nice addition. Ahh, your characterization is wonderful... Don't doubt yourself!
Finally, I loved the last line: "And Kenshin just kept smiling." I have this wonderful mental image of Kenshin with a small smile, almost, but not quite a smirk ('cause that wouldn't be Kenshin) and a determined look on his face. But that's just my interpretation.
Keep writing!
Jedi Brother Horace chapter 35 . 12/31/2003
Nice chapter, as always. _
Honestly though, I can't see why you say writing fight scenes isn't your strong point. I think you do them excellently. Better than any RK fanfic author I've read.
For me, well written fights are a combination of good description, snappy dialogue and well developed tension. Your interpretation of Kenshin and Sano's fight with Hanya and Shikijou had all these. I especially liked Kenshin's self-decrepating "You really are a baka-deshi..." comment, it was humurous and displayed a bit of his character at the same time. I especially liked his banter with Aoshi as they began their dance, although did you have to cut it short again? :( And Sano's Zanbatou? Why'd you break it? Oh well, guess it had to happen.
inca-dove chapter 35 . 12/28/2003
oi! made me wait awhile huh? well, the wait was worth it after all. Great chap. just...please.. dont make me wait so long again. ::trys to bribe author with candy:: and theres more where that came from too. tee hee. well, as always, i loved this chap, and ill be waiting for the next,
inca
Lady No Da 201 chapter 35 . 12/28/2003
Wow, great story, I just saw the first part of Kenshin's battle with Aoshi, so this was nice to find! !
Crystal Renee chapter 35 . 12/27/2003
Yay! I'm so glad that you updated, you have no idea! Kept seeing that Kendo no Go was updated and I kept thinking, when will she update Light of the Snow Red Village? Well you updated, and I'm very pleased with how this turned out. My favorite line was when Kenshin said "I was deciding if I was dead or not." I don't know why but it just made me laugh. Good and I hope you don't have as much of a problem writing the next chapter as you did this one. It was very good, rest assured.
boredfangirl chapter 35 . 12/27/2003
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STORY!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
hakubaikou chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
A lovely Christmas present to have another chapter in this, one of my favorite fan fics ever. Thank you so much for continuing this, Akai-san. I love this story dearly, and I was thrilled to read this chapter.
I don't think you've made Kenshin too broody at all. Sure, he's not as cheery and oro-ful as in the series, but I love what you're doing with his character. Sano's great as well. Both characterizations felt spot-on. I really like Kenshin and Sano's dialogue.
Aoshi doesn't feel as developed. But then again, he never felt very developed to me in the series either, so I don't think that's any kind of failing on your part. I thought you wrote him very well, to be honest.
Anyway, I love your writing in general, but I love this story most of all. Whatever time you need to take for the next chapter will be time well spent. I eagerly await it.
Melissa chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
Thank you so much for the update! This chapter was also enjoyable. Aoshi is a baffling character, so I'm very pleased that his pre-battle "banter" with Kenshin was so clever. I'm also amazed how the plot progresses without simply reiterating the events, and your changes are intriguing. I hope the "soon" is just that, but I'll have some patience, if you can make it worth the wait:)
missaw chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
lol man that ain't fair, comedy isn't your thing but your still good at it.
awesome chappy _ s'great. hmm was it my imagination or were the fights harder on kenshin and sano than they were in the anime and manga? hehe whatever it was a cool chapter soo that means you gotta update soon!
Mistress Battousai chapter 35 . 12/25/2003
This is a really good story! I love it a lot. It seems to be really hard to find a good writer worth reviewing for. I think this is my favorite fan-fic so far. I have read some good ones but this one is the best out of all. I like your fight scenes and the humor in some of them. You characterize all the characters very well. I am eagerly awaiting your next chapters! So update soon please!
~Mistress Battousai