Reviews for Light of the Snow Red Village
ruruken15 chapter 37 . 6/19/2006
LOVE THE STORY SO FAR! Hikari is Graet! Just like i would think Kenshin's daughter would be! And i like how you blended ur story line with the Manga/ANime story line! Awesome! the Raijuta (sp?) arc is a fun one to mess with, particularly since there are so many factors that could be changed! I hope you can update soon!
Pawn'sVictory chapter 37 . 6/7/2006
Wow, didnt even think of the fact that he could take her sign. Was just kinda going around in lala land thinking that he'd have to face her at her own place to do that. Urgh, cant believe i thought like that and still missed it.

This is an teresting change to the timeline, I'd love to see how you work the rest of the story.
websurffer chapter 37 . 5/30/2006
AH! *bursts into tears* I can't believe that big meanie burnt Kaoru's pretty sign! I think you should make Kenshin make the Rai-guy (who's name I never remember) make her a new one after Kenshin kicks Rai-guy's ass.
Luna Hope chapter 37 . 5/16/2006
I just spent every spare second, over the last three days, reading this story. Wow! I don't usually like AU but this is great! _

I love Hikari! She's a nice bridge that makes Tomoe more substantial/real in the Tokyo part of the story. I also like how the existence of Hikari has changed Kenshin's behavior. He comes across as emotionally stronger and less aimless - more mature - which is what fatherhood would do to a guy. _

I really love where you're going with this story and I'm looking forward to reading more. _
Forlorn Maiden chapter 37 . 5/8/2006
Cool. Great job! I can't wait for the next chapter.
korrd chapter 37 . 5/7/2006
Great fic. This is now officially my favorite RK fanfic. So please update soon.
Des Shinta chapter 37 . 5/3/2006
/Summons the spirit of Hiko/

"Hiten mitsurugi ryu hijutsu: Bash of the thousand baka-deishi's!" don't dead end a story like this!

now that that's over with...this is good, I don't get to see rewrites of ruroken often. And going from the manga is a good way to stay -somewhat- consistent on events. The personal touches add a bit of new flavor to the storyline.

Too bad they don't have insurance back in Meiji...

Now...I wonder what you'll do when Enishi comes a-calling...Hikari, his Neice; or Kaoru, his stepbrother's potential love interest? Which will be the corpse doll?
Victorita9 chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
ok first time reader. i read your progressing story for 2 days now and i like it a lot. I wonder though, that if tusbame or Megumi will show hikari show how to be more feminine. Not that she needs to be. this character is fine the way she is. I just remember her saying about that in a previous chapter. Hikari seems to be the jack of all trades. Knowing a little bit of everything but mastering none. She is young though so maybe she will be the master of all trades?
Kimyoko chapter 37 . 4/24/2006
A splendid story, so far. Akai Kitsune should certainly continue soon! Definately don't worry too much about straying too far from the original plot line, though. Hikari's existance is bound to change things, and your readers undoubtedly want something different. Otherwise they would be reading Rurouni Kenshin manga, instead of an AU fanfiction. Besides, everyone knows what happened in Watsuki's version. Your readers are eager to find out what will happen in Akai Kitsune's version!

One more thing. While overuse and misuse of Kenshin fangirlisms such as "sessha" and "de gozaru" (Which, while amazingly awesome in Japanese, are unbelievably grammatically incorrect and annoying beyond belief when tacked onto English sentences) should certainly be done away with for the continuing mental health of us all, there is nothing wrong with using Japanese in moderation. For instance, I personally find the use of some English translations, such as "Miss Kaoru" instead of "Kaoru-dono", "Kenshin-brother" instead of "Ken-nii", and worst of all..*shudders* "Sir Ken" instead of "Ken-san", almost as annoying as the overuse and misuse of such Kenshin fangirlisms as "sessha" and "de gozaru".

The point of that random ramble was to convince you that using Japanese words correctly and in moderation does not make you an annoying fangirl. In other words, please, please, PLEASE, let Hikari call Kenshin tou-san. Please. Not only for the sake of your readers' continuing mental health, but for the sake of poor, impressionable Hikari as well. Poor child is almost certainly confused (and traumatized) by this sudden change. She's been calling him tou-san all of her life, and suddenly, one day, she tries to say tou-san as usual, but all she can manage is a "Papa"! It is difficult to imagine Kenshin ever being referred to as "Papa". Hikari is quite certainly giggling backstage over this strange foreign word. So for the sake of the child, I pray that you at least return the tou-san.
Kristy-chan chapter 37 . 4/14/2006
im so glad you're back! i first read this story in but recently, i've been reading from

I re-read the story from the beginning when i realized that you had finally updated this story, an surprisingly, i enjoyed it just as much as when i read it the frist time. Usually when i decide to re-read a story, i get bored and just skim through it and skip large portions just to get to the new part, but not with your story. You are a great writer with great stories! BUt i've got to admit, i enjoyed the beginning where Hikari was more involved with Kenshin a lot more then when she was constantly being left behind at the dojo. Of course it is to keep her safe, but still i loved the father and daugher , great job and i hope you update soon!
Razilin chapter 37 . 4/10/2006
At last, she returns after two years leave. Excellent. Perhaps we readers will finally get to see what you had in store for us for the Shishio arc, as well as how you will deal with the "nuclear family" aura of Kenshin, Hikari, and Kaoru.
Silver Warrior chapter 37 . 4/10/2006
This… is absolutely wonderful. I rarely ever read Rurouni Kenshin fan fiction simply because I seem to love the show too much to see someone changing things. Usually when I do its vignettes or stuff that takes place during the ten years between the Bakumatsu and the start of the show. But this was really, really good. Not sure if I like the removal of most of the Japanese words, I find it gives a bit of realism to fics in fandoms like Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Naruto, and Sailor Moon (depending on whether it is Japanese or dub names that are being used there). Hikari is a nice character, definitely something Kenshin needed all those years. The fight with the Oniwabanshu was nice, and I like how to merely mentioned the fight with the Shino Ipo guy. I couldn’t see how you would work that in, but you did it in a really fine way. I like how you let Sano keep his zanbatou for a while. And how you let the Oniwabanshu live. And now Raijuuta is there. I’m only familiar with the anime, unfortunately, but I recall Raijuuta as being strong, but no real challenge once Kenshin analyzed his attacks. As I recall, beyond speed, that is another major strength of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu: the practitioners can analyze their opponent’s movements and judge weaknesses easily by reading their ki. As I recall, that’s why Kenshin had so much trouble against Soujiro.
hakubaikou chapter 37 . 4/7/2006
Welcome back, Akai Kitsune. _ I'm so happy to see another update from you. Thanks for another wonderful chapter.

As for using Japanese words in early chapters, it never bothered me. I think a lot of RK fan authors (myself included) tend to go a bit overboard with the Japanese on their first fic. Chalk it up to a lot of enthusiasm. _

Anyway, it's great to see you back. I look forward to the next update, whenever that may be.
Mysterious Prophetess chapter 37 . 4/1/2006
Good chapter
Whatever Star chapter 37 . 4/1/2006
Praise be to the gods, your back! Great story, i've been following it before you stop writing. I love it, absolutely love it. The plots are pretty interesting, and the twists you give them are beautiful. Keep writing and update soon, i cant wait to read the next chapter!
501 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »