Reviews for Smooth Operator
brytur chapter 9 . 11/11/2016
I have to say, this has earned a spot on my favorite fanfics list. I truly loved this story, especially Finnick's dialogue.
phantomreader42 chapter 9 . 11/11/2016
I like seeing Nick as insecure but TRYING to be smooth. He usually doesn't fail that badly, but it comes out endearing.
Wolfclaw of MoonClan chapter 9 . 11/11/2016
...and that concludes one of my top fanfictions that I've read! I love your style of writing: the descriptive words, emotions, and overall storytelling! Fantastic story. It was worth the wait for Chapter 9; checking everyday to see if it had updated. I will definitely read this again soon.
HoppinWildedly chapter 9 . 11/10/2016
Thanks for updating! It has been forever, but the wait was worth it! I love your story and I hope you continue writing about Zootopia! And another chapter to this story would be just perfect! But as you said, it might not be necessary. Anyway, love your story, you rock and have a nice day!
Baneblade chapter 9 . 11/10/2016
First...YAY! AN UPDATE! Oh dear GOD it's been forever! XD Second, loved the chapter. Was surprised it didn't take as long as I thought it would to read through. Third...I hope to see more from you! You've got a lot of potential! So don't let it go to waste.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
Great story.
And let me say it: there are too many unfinished fics out there, so congratulations for your hard work and efforts, it shows respect for us readers, and for that i'm grateful. Thank you.
Rieth1 chapter 9 . 11/8/2016
An excellent ending to an excellent story

You should feel proud of this fic, you did a great job
tsparkle23 chapter 9 . 11/6/2016
Well worth the wait my friend, I couldn't have ended it better than you have done so right now! Major props and love to you!
Strawberry r Kitty chapter 9 . 11/8/2016
AAHAHHHHHH I LOVE IT SO MUCH! OMG this was an AMAZING chapter! I love the witty interactions you write between Nick and Judy (that seems like it would take FOREVER!) they are super creative I love the suspenseful way you write the nervousness of the two (gosh I had to put my phone down for a sec, I was getting so giddy about the ending!) and AHHH SO GOOD! Whew, got that out of my system! I really really reaaaallly liked this story, and especially the ending-if ya couldn't tell. I have so much respect for you right now for being able to write dialogue that fits the characters' personalities AND character interactions accurately. When writing stories about others, getting their personality right with the dialogue is so difficult and like I said, so much respect from me goes out to you for being able to do that!
MaybeSatan chapter 9 . 11/8/2016
In all honesty this work took me completely off-guard. When i had started to wander through this site i was struck silent by the amount of published works. Shortly after i found this little piece and fell in love within the first five lines. The portrayal of these two wildly intense personalities had been brought to life as vividly as they had on the silver screen. Your attentive focus on character traits and unconscious body movement detail between the characters, was quite the undertaking. Nonetheless you did excellent in this task. Aside form your complete portrayal of the characters beings, the story was also well structured and properly timed. The only thing i have to question, is the lack of credibility in the thought of a coincidental run-in with the cases main suspects. A bit too 'deus ex machina' for me. Apart from that one flaw, this story was crafted to near-perfection. So well done in fact, i had to make an account in order to tell you of your glorious achievement! 9.5/10 please make a sequel!
Shahrezad1 chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
Awwww. That was really sweet. I know that you had a hard time with this chapter, but I feel like it went really well. Especially the date-it felt like a real, honest-to-goodness date, in which we were along for the ride, which was fun. And I feel like Gideon's advice was exactly what Nick needed. :) Overall I just really enjoyed their cuteness, and the final end scene with the confession and how it pulled into the straightforward moment of the two of them just wanting to continue spending time together. 3
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
As promised, I've had time to stew over my review an what to write for it. So, without further ado, here it is and I'l just go plot point by plot point as they come to mind.

First off, excellent story. You managed to capture the highs and lows perfectly. The story was never flat for long, and always seemed to crescendo at the perfect moments. Your ability to manage such excellent emotional flow throughout the entire story was breathtaking, so kudos on that.

This leads to my second point; characterizations. Judy and Nick felt like themselves. They were witty, fast thinking, fast hustling, adorable balls of fluff that seemed to hop straight out of the movie. The plot between them was enjoyable to follow and by the end, Nick's sudden bravado had been built up so it felt real. I could imagine the entire first chapter from start to finish in my mind, and it played out beautifully. Plus they stayed in character throughout the story. You didn't need to include any smut to bring their romance to fruition. Just keeping them as the lovable fox and rabbit we know and love.

This leads to the language and dialogue, both of which were wonderful to read. The metaphors used supplied a great deal of humor and broke the tension when necessary, or provided a laugh when needed. They were well timed, and excellently articulated and planned out. I enjoyed every last one of them!

Now, for this last chapter. Gideon Grey's inclusion was amazing. It hit all the spots it needed to, and it was wonderful reading a Gideon that wasn't just a dumb baker, but one that had character to him. Then the small split to Cam was perfectly timed and felt, after reading it, that it was needing to be placed there. It played off of Nick and Judy's dialogue so well, and you controlled the scene switch perfectly. And finally, that last scene of Nick saying he was so smooth, then tripping. Brilliant! XD So excellent work all around!

All in all, this story was excellent and I only wish I could write at an iota of the level you do. The story was wonderful, the plot engaging, the characters inviting and the dialogue wonderful to read. Every part of this story was enjoyable, and I could feel with the characters as they experienced their highs and lows. Great work and congratulations on finishing a story of such wonderful magnitude that will be remembered and enjoyed forever. :)

~Cimar/WildeHopps
Story.Writer.2015 chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
Is this really the end? NO! It needs to be continued. Great story overall.
Wolf Guard Miestwin chapter 9 . 11/7/2016
Few things.
"Cute" is not a "bunny thing". Judy lied about it because she doesn't like to being called cute. Byrons words. I think she would drop the act with Nick.
Preds don't eat only bugs in Zootopia, there's fish as well. There could be some poultry and reptiles as well. Besides, bugs properly cooked are indistinguishable from "normal" food.
Deers, so does as well have fingers here. Tipped with hard hooves, but they have them, like Bogo. So far only horses and elephants don't have fingers.

Also that Cam scene! Now I want some good fanfic with pred-prey play. Hadn't found one yet, that is a full story, not just quick plowing.
Darkwarrior860 chapter 9 . 11/7/2016