Reviews for Under the Bright Blue Endless Sky
CuteBubbles chapter 14 . 12/23/2019
This was such a great chapter. Ariel was brilliant when she spoke to the fishermen. Go girl!
Lmb111514 chapter 31 . 8/8/2019
This story was absolutely amazing; I enjoyed all the twists you added to the original plot and how it all turned out in the end. Thank you for writing this story!
Dreamer chapter 31 . 8/12/2018
That was a beautiful re-imagining of The Little Mermaid. You explored the difficulties Ariel would likely face in an excellent way and I loved watching her and Eric's love grow and their interactions with King Triton. You developed the story nicely and I liked the twist on Ursula's deal with Ariel. Please don't stop writing; you've got talent. Thank you for this piece.
horses4504 chapter 12 . 3/26/2018
"WE" 3 3 3
horses4504 chapter 11 . 3/26/2018
*sobs quietly*
horses4504 chapter 9 . 3/26/2018
Omg!
horses4504 chapter 8 . 3/26/2018
Ooooh the plot thickens! I'm excited to see what Triton has to say...
horses4504 chapter 7 . 3/26/2018
I love that Triton doesn't destroy her collection like he did in the movie. That part of the movie always breaks my heart a little
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 31 . 12/3/2017
Not too shabby as a concept, I’ll give you that.
The original film is amusing, but when analysed in depth Ariel comes across as a fairly passive protagonist, tending to react to everything rather than taking action herself (she saved Eric because she saw him in danger, she only made the deal with Ursula because the eels brought her to the witch, details like that), so even if I wish you’d shown how she and Eric formed their new relationship rather than ‘jump’ forward, I can’t fault your central storyline.
With Eric and Ariel taking the time to know each other as friends, even if they have to keep their relationship secret from their fellows for various reasons, it’s fascinating to see how they’ve each developed even before Ariel makes a deal that gives her time to explore humanity at her own pace without significant handicaps.
The more gradual exploration of Eric’s kingdom and Ariel’s reaction to elements of human society such as fishing is well-handled without appearing forced or drawn out, and Eric’s aborted plan to move Ariel out of harm’s way made sense as a scheme even if the final result didn’t work out as he’d hoped.
The final confrontation felt a bit rushed, as though we still had some time before the actual deadline expired, but Ursula’s identification of her final rule made sense- something that it would have been hard for Ariel and Eric to do by chance but still theoretically possible- and at least the aftermath worked well.
pikapika chapter 31 . 6/18/2017
This was such an amazing story, that it's unable to put it down and just had to binge-read it! As much as I love the movie, your fanfic depicted their love story better and in a much more realistic way. I especially loved your take on Ariel (she didn't seem as smart in the movie, compared to here).
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2017
Please create another romantic story for our favorite Disney couple.
horses4504 chapter 31 . 3/3/2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for writing it. It was great!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/24/2017
This story is so riveting. I cannot stop reading!
DreamingofMusic chapter 31 . 1/15/2017
Loved this! It brought out all my good memories of watching the Little Mermaid as a child. :)
bluebutterfly2006 chapter 31 . 12/23/2016
I absolutely love this story! Thank you for sharing it.