Reviews for A Precious Gift
rosamglamyan chapter 4 . 12/17/2017
So wonderful and amazing! I really dived into the atmosphere of the novel. Your writing style is perfect! It really feels great to read. The characters are depicted so correctly. Thank you for your work! Waiting for the next chapters. Good luck!
Best wishes!
Kettiblek chapter 4 . 12/11/2017
I love your story very much, read it in one gulp!
I have a feeling that these are the lost, draft chapters of the book, all character are true to themselves. It is rarely who can do it, escpecially without making Rhett too sardonic or enamored schoolboy or both, and Scarlett too feminist.
This period in the book seems so unclear and difficult because two years are put in few chapters, but you still mastered it. Bravo!
Ah, perhaps if Mitchell was not so obessed from the start with the idea of the last chapter, she would write something similar like in your stories. But really, several unexpected deaths in neighbouring pages and so many wrong steps and misunderstandings in the end that it seems a little bit planned.
Once again, your story is wonderful, especially the gleam of triump)) It seems that their relaitionship will start only progressing from this point.
sarah.shilo chapter 4 . 11/8/2017
This is good! I can't wait to read more
Guest chapter 4 . 11/4/2017
Love this story! Hope we get another chapter soon :)
Alisa-kun chapter 4 . 10/25/2017
Une fiction très bien écrite et passionnante.
Merci pour ton travail
babbs098 chapter 4 . 10/8/2017
I rarely have time to write reviews anymore but I really enjoy this story. I feel that tremor beneath who these two are. Love it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Old Maid Wilkes chapter 4 . 10/7/2017
HAH! Leaving the baby in a bush! Laughed out loud at that. I might actually come around to like Bonnie thanks to you - that would certainly be a first!

I owe you (and Kinderby, for coaxing you into an update) a huge favor; I guess you could have a lung each? Just leave it in a Peachtree street bush if you don't like it. Reading this chapter again is like revisiting an old, dear friend, that's even funnier and smarter than you remember said (favorite) friend being. As usual, you have Rhett and Scarlett down to a peg. LOVE "Those are my mills and he will run them into the ground in a month". Snaaap. Once you're out of Scarlett's protection, you're out in THE COLD. XD

Thank you for taking MMs words and improving them so. Not many can do that.
1life2ROCK chapter 4 . 9/27/2017
Really enjoyed this chapter!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/25/2017
Awesome chapter! So glad you've picked this back up. I love your writing, it feels so much like MM.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/20/2017
Awesome story! Ever since I read GWTW, I always wanted Scarlett to get that one baby she dearly wanted and for it to be the son that preferred her over Rhett, since Rhett "took" Bonnie. I adore Scarlett and her mini-Rhett! This is very well-written too.

And since I didn't get to review the first chapter: I loved the allusion you had when Scarlett was trying to go to Tara while pregnant and Rhett stops her and she starts crying about how she wants to go and he can't stop her, just as she did when Atlanta was burning. Love it! Please update soon!
TinkStar87 chapter 4 . 9/20/2017
Oh sooooo Good! Really hope you update this one again soon. Read ya Later ;)
Guest chapter 4 . 9/17/2017
I love Scarlett covering the baby's ears.

Lovely update! Rhett now must know her feelings for Ashley are gone. And now he can begin to hope again!

Beautiful writing as always.
Beyl chapter 4 . 9/13/2017
How have I never found this before? It's amazing! Will we ever see Rhett's point of view? I can't wait for more!
gumper chapter 4 . 9/5/2017
I am REALLY rooting for Rhett in this story...which is a fun change because during this same relative timeframe in the book I just can't stand him.

He has apologized. He has taken on her fury in order to protect her health and not backed down - despite his guilt - which was the correct decision. He has accepted her professed hatred by not coming to her room (uninvited) following the birth of his son. He has watched out for her social redemption. He has deferred to her on all points Alexander...yet clearly also loves the child and the moments they are shown together are SO touching. He has been sensitive to her mental/physical plight in ultimately sending her to Tara (once safe for her to do so). He has held back in gloating (TOO much) over her increasingly negative comments about Ashley. I don't know what's been going on with Belle amidst all this but the important thing is that he SEEMS to be home, present, sensitive and involved.

In short, I think that he is perfectly teed up to be given a chance to fully redeem himself, and I've got my fingers crossed that Scarlett JUST might consider doing so one of these days...
Kinderby chapter 4 . 9/5/2017
Note to self: demanding FIX IT NOW works, as do dreams about updates!

I love so much about this. I am a little confused by the change in Rhett's behavior. I can't quite reconcile it with his bitter contemplation from last chapter. This is probably because we only see it from Scarlett's perspective, but I can't quite understand why he softened so much toward her, after she went to the mills asap in Part 3.

Your Scarlett is so wonderfully, perfectly Scarlett, I don't think anyone writes her better than you. I think I have a tendency to mature her (perhaps too much?) because it seems to me the only way she and Rhett can fall in love again. But in your hands, she's as forthright and underhanded and impatient as ever, and you just draw her so perfectly clear. She sparkles.

I loved their conversation, which seemed so much more like talks they had during her Kennedy days. They haven't talked like this in at least 14 months (if it's... June now?) and probably not in the two years before that, either. I can see why he's kinder once the conversation gets going (first, finding out that she hasn't been to the mills since the one visit; then her irritation with Ashley) but it's still the cause of that that I have trouble squaring. Maybe I've just given Rhett too little credit. He has shown, throughout this story, that he cares for her far more than he lets on, even after their fight (*sob* thinking about it!). Anyway, it gets them to a much happier place, and for that I am glad.

Scarlett covering Alex's ears when she says Halifax is the singlemost hilarious/adorable part of this story. It just tickled me so much.

I know she first bonded with the baby because she thought Rhett didn't want either of them. I hope she soon starts to see that not only is Alex very much wanted, but that she is, too. Okay, now fix them up even nicer! :D