Reviews for Lothlorien
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
The extended scene is even more often as Gimli curses out Haldir. XD
Nellas Aldarion chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Great work on this story! I really enjoyed your telling of this very familiar scene from a somewhat unfamiliar point of view.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
I like this story.
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
Good one! I like your sense of humor. And the location of the third ELven ring would have remained a mystery, seeing as Gandalf does not ususally stay in one place for a while!
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Oh, good. I don't even have words for this. As always Legolas is perfect, but you also managed to capture Haldir's personality excellently. (Seeing as he's my favorite character, with Legolas coming in at a veryclose second, I care.) You know, you should continue this. Now, wouldn't that be fun? I think so.
fuck off already chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Very nice. Shows Legolas' age (more pointedly, his lack thereof) very well.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
I loved it! They were all in character! O I wish I could write like you!

*~* Dy *~*
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
Good characterization and reasoning out how Legolas and the other Elves might feel about that situation.
Lady Enelya chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
It's good, i can definatly see this coming from Legolas. It's very explanitory, and there are some very good character descriptions.
Eledhwen chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
Mmm, nice little vignette there!
Katherine4 chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
*wow* that was v beautiful... and touching... i adored it... you completely captured all the thoughts that could have been running through Legolas's mind.. .great job:)
Thundera Tiger chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Oooo, I like it VERY much! You take your time, you don't rush into the fic, and you allow the scene to unfold at your command rather than forcing the pace. It's a beautiful vignette that has that "just right" feel to it. And despite the fact that I really don't like movie-fics, I very much enjoyed this little piece. On to specifics.

What I like best is that we start off in a character's head. In the first few paragraphs, you tell us exactly where we are in the story, what has happened, and then you let the thoughts roll. I also love the little inclusion of book bits, such as Legolas failing to draw his bow at the Balrog upon the bridge. The thoughts on grief were especially well done, and the first part of this story comes across as very reflective and very poignant.

Once we're finished exploring Legolas's thoughts, we turn our attention to the rest of the company. Here again, you stay firmly within Legolas's POV, and it makes the descriptions all the more interesting. This is Legolas's version of what is going on, and as such, it's tempered with an elven perspective. I especially like his reflections on Boromir, who is a man that knows very little about the Eldar. Legolas's reflections on Gimli were also very well done. You draw the dwarf out beautifully, giving him a rich character even though he is confined by an elven viewpoint. The inner battle of wills - such as proving superiority by saving Gimli's life - says so much about their relationship at this point in time, and I love the attention you've given to it. Gimli's words on the Lady Galadriel were also wonderful, and I love the fact that Legolas looks to see Aragorn's reaction, as though looking for a bridge. And that is basically what Aragorn is going to become for the Fellowship. He becomes that bridge between the elves and the mortals.

Finally, the last section: the standoff. Legolas's instant reaction was wonderful, and I love the fact that even as he is facing off against another elf, he analyzes his opponent. The other elf is Silvan, the bows are of a better make, they are out numbered, and his opponent seems to be just as hesitant to take an elven life as Legolas is. Also wonderfully done are the little tidbits of history you throw in, such as hunting parties in Mirkwood that wind up in essentially the same situation. It gives the characters added depth to hear these little backstories, and yet you refrain from making these backstories too important. You let them remain as snippets into a rich past. They are windows that allow us further glimpses into the character, but you maintain control of the view.

Beautiful work here. Very mature writing style that controls pace, setting, and brings it all together in the end. Wonderful job and very enjoyable fic. Thank you!
Settiai chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
I noticed this on both the 'Henneth Annun' and 'Mellon Chronicles' groups, so I finally decided to read it. *grin* And I'm extremely glad that I did. With this story, you actually seem to be inside of Legolas' head during that point of the movie. Great job!

~Lynn~
Karri chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
well written :) I also found it odd that the elves drew upon each other.
Legolas' Lover chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
...i like his POV...the humer he thinks to himself is funny! and i actually laughed