Reviews for A Caged Bird
lostinthearrowverse chapter 19 . 3/14
Okay, I really don't know why you stopped writing this story but PLEASE write more this story is everything I wish Arrow would be minus Roy (but that's ok) I wanna read more- PLEASE
missourielephant chapter 19 . 12/29/2017
I've been meaning to do this for awhile.
I love this story. I love how Oliver is so in love, protective, and supportive of Laurel. That last one is something in particular the show failed on. I love how important Sara and Quentin are to Laurel, Sara especially seems to practically to be her life line at times.
I appreciate the way you portray Laurel's recovery. She is slowly getting better and improving, but is still clearly traumatized and struggling.
Helena and Laurel's friendship is also wonderful, something else we were denied. The primary focus being on Oliver, Laurel, Tommy, and Helena has great promise.
Basically, I think this is a great story, and I hope you have not given up on it.
MQLdr chapter 5 . 12/18/2017
I caught the Barton connection, tho I wasn't 100% sure if it was just random chance until I read your note. On the one hand, I love those little easter eggs, on the other, come on, Clint's a great guy! lol

I'm not a big fan of victimized women, but I do see where you're going with this. I like that the antidote to Vertigo's drug is what gives her - or activates - her Canary Cry. It's a weird kind of circular connection.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/8/2017
Wow, another hate on Tina Boland when she's actually Dinah Drake. You Laurel fans are no better then Olicty shippers at this point.
Tempest86 chapter 19 . 7/4/2017
I just got back into reading this story yesterday, & I still love how you've done this story. I really hope you continue.
icekrim91 chapter 19 . 5/4/2017
Will Barbara be able to find anything about Boland? What will happen to Helena?

I really like what you have done to each character of the comics and show. The fact that you use Barbara Gordon in your story makes it a bit more related to the comics, especially with the relationship the Black Canary and Oracle in the comics.

Can't wait to read more of this. Good job writing it. :)
highlander348 chapter 19 . 3/26/2017
Stupid cops! The cops don't know Helena is the Huntess right? Her secret is still safe right? I am still hoping she sticks around and help Laurel and Oliver in fighting crime. :)
red lighting chapter 19 . 3/23/2017
love it
LycoX chapter 19 . 3/21/2017
I read this off and on during my trip home from Louisiana today, and I have to say, aside from the thing with Tina (as its not her fault for the shit writing) that I have greatly, GREATLY enjoyed this fic. I am loving what you've done here. Especially with how FeFe got handled in this. Tommy and Helena is definitely an interesting pairing I've never thought about and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it here!
Cerasinus chapter 19 . 3/20/2017
My apologies for accidently reviewing as a guest haha.
Guest chapter 19 . 3/20/2017
An awesome chapter, I loved your depiction of Tina, and how Barry was both his familar friendly self, but he didn't have the annoying adorkable-awkward sthick that gets old real fast. I loved the characterisation, in my opinion the grounded nature of the characters is the greatest strength of this fic, closely followed my the excellent plot.

I look forward to more:)
hotkillerz chapter 19 . 3/20/2017
Not a fan of the new canary are we?
Guest chapter 18 . 3/20/2017
sooo are you going to do the tommy/helena datting storyline?
highlander348 chapter 18 . 3/20/2017
Great chapter! Glad Helena was redeemed. Are Helena and Tommy a item? Will Helena join Team Arrow to? Could Thea find out her brother's secret much sooner? Seeing Thea as Speedy would be awesome if it happened much sooner in your story. Please consider it!
Cheers!
OllielovesDinah chapter 18 . 3/20/2017
I love this story. I really do, as much as I love this pairing. And I simply adore Laurel and Ollie. So glad to have read this chapter, so glad to see these four mostly best friends. I hope you continue. I will read it again and again.