Reviews for Mortal Kombat Khronicles
Basim Ibn Ishaq chapter 71 . 12/25/2022
You know, you should do a chapter with Raiden alone, just mentoring, we rarely get to see that.
while you're at it, explain why the elder gods allow realms to merge at all.

love you
MKDemiGodzilla-Warrior chapter 71 . 10/29/2022
Huh…that is a very interesting take on Khamelepn/Chameleon’s origins. I am surprised you decide to combine the two and have…I guess the correct term would be they?…shift between the genders. I guess it would make Khameleon the first “non-binary” kombatant in a way. Huh.
Yiyan chapter 2 . 10/23/2022
I watched the Wasted Plotential on Kung Lao video before this, so I already know what’s to come. But even still, it somehow made me teared a little, which was very surprising to me (because I wasn’t as hyped about this one than the previous chapter). This is definitely far better than Kung Lao’s extreme animosity to Liu Kang in Shaolin Monks. I just really like Liu Kang and Kung Lao’s dynamic and relationship in this chapter; the fact that they are cousins, Kung Lao explaining how he “dishonored” his ancestor, and the explanation for Liu Kang’s MK2 design retcon.
Now, I will explain some criticisms… but, the thing is… what criticism? Genuinely, this is really good that I don’t even have some genuine problems with it.
Overall, really great chapter. Definitely better compared to the first chapter.
10/10
there are still others that I haven’t seen yet (a lot), so my opinions will probably change if so. But still, great chapter, can’t wait to see the Kitana one.
Yiyan chapter 1 . 10/22/2022
For being the first chapter of this series, this is really great. I just love Bi-Han and Kuai Liang’s interaction with each other (as well as other Lin Kuei members) after a good-yet-short MK9 talk and a shitty MK11 one. Granted, I haven’t read any of the later chapters yet, but this first chapter really is a good taste of what’s to come (I know their out already of 70 chapters, but shut up). Although my opinions will probably change after a reread later in my life and/or reading the later (probably even better) chapters down the line, but I just love this chapter really much. As for the negatives? Not much, actually. The only thing I felt weird is that Bi-Han seems to be really nice to Kuai Liang, despite how he treats his brother with the way he said “You. Your not worthy of the name Sub-Zero.” and “We share blood. We’re not brothers.” in MK9. Idk, I just felt it’s weird that Bi-Han always “smiles” at Kuai Liang despite what MK9 claims. Overall, great first chapter for what’s to come, and I highly recommend.
9/10
I hope the 4thSnake sees this, for I’ve been watching his MK videos lately.
djeio chapter 1 . 8/24/2022
I just completed a prequel seen for Bi-Han and Hanzo but I was unsure of the structure I should use this has been a great help...this scene seems very appropriate for a prequal to deadly alliance but in your version Quan Chi is dead so who would be the other half?
OmniGawker chapter 70 . 8/25/2022
Certainly wouldn't be me but I do dig it
PartyPat22 chapter 47 . 8/9/2022
Well summarized regarding the Gods, and I like the ambiguity of Kahn's origins. What inspired the name of your Blood God, Abacabb, if not the Genesis song with Phill Collins?

One God per realm makes sense, but if that were the case, Raiden would have been the sole protector of Earthrealm for possibly millions of years, guarding the Amulet of Shinnok alone. What's more, how would mortals have any conception of the other Gods besides the Sky Father archetype of Raiden?
PartyPat22 chapter 52 . 8/9/2022
I find your version of Kahn's justifications for the invasion far better than the barely explained original, and I enjoy how you used the new backstory for his queen in a rather seemless way, as the origin of one could easily be misunderstood through Outworld peasants' gossip as applying to the other.
PartyPat22 chapter 53 . 8/9/2022
A couple issues here: I can't see Scorpion begging to be spared, and you twice mentioned a "cervical" spine, which I assume is meant to be cerebral.
PartyPat22 chapter 60 . 8/8/2022
Regarding the next chapter, I like how you made the distinction between Baraka being accepting of halfbreeds & karbrac being a Tarkata purist.

Interesting idea about portals closing when mortal kombat is declared between realms.
PartyPat22 chapter 61 . 8/8/2022
At first I thought you were going with Baraka's metal blades being an upgrade given by Quan Chi upon his revival & stapling. Rather interesting ideas though, especially with Baraka's tribe following his example of artificially forged blades. Karabak isn't a name I would have chosen for Baraka's predecessor considering how close it is to Karbrac & the Raka tribe is a bit on the nose as well, but then again all their language is likely similar sounding grunts. Tarkata hickies also make quite a bit of sense, I could even see them serving the same function as a wedding ring due to the scar that would be left behind.
PartyPat22 chapter 66 . 8/8/2022
Solid stuff here, although it seems like Wasted Plotential not to include the war council itself & the various leaders of regions, tribes, and races from Outworld.

Are you familiar with Kaito's Konquest?
PartyPat22 chapter 67 . 8/8/2022
I'm curious about Vera's last name, is she meant to be half-Romanian?

More importantly, why are you The4thSnake? Does that imply the existence of three others?
PartyPat22 chapter 69 . 8/8/2022
First off, Nice.

I like the direction you're going with a post-Armageddon plotline, and the fights are rather creative & unpredictable.
OmniGawker chapter 68 . 7/30/2022
Well then, the plot thickens