Reviews for 5x13: A Happy Ending
semperfortis chapter 1 . 1/1
That toast was perfect! :-)

Ahh, JJ..what wouldn't I give for the writers to have done this in the finale.

This was such a lovely alternative ending, and I think one of my favourite parts is when they're are returning from Avalon and Arthur teases Merlin...and of course when Arthur acknowledges all that Merlin has done.

Thank you for the lovely story, JJ. *hugs*
Jillcb chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
You know what I think of this wonderful story. I got emotional the first time I read it and it still happens every other time as well. Merlin putting the mistakes to the past, yay. That dreaded sentence being thrown on the fire, wonderful. Arthur recovering and allowing magic to be returned to the land, yes! Merlin curing poor Gwaine I was grinning from ear to ear, reading that bit. The Arwen reunion with a hint of a new face joining them soon, was delicious.

But best of all Merlin getting his just reward being made Court Sorcerer, how we love those endings, better than the show's that's for sure.

Lovely JJ I am still grinning.
oma13 chapter 1 . 5/11/2016
Happy ending! As it should be! I was not happy at all with that crappy ending. And Merlin not thinking of calling Kilgharrah until it was too late? Come on! And the show deviated or outright ignored the legends when it was to their advantage so their appeals that it had to follow the legends was a bunch of hooey! Thanks for this great ending. I was just looking for chapter two and there was none!
ProcrastinationIsMyCrime chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
That's a nice alternate ending.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
Nice. I would have loved to see that, over an entire season of TV episodes. You should have been the screenwriter.
marylou chapter 1 . 5/4/2016
That's what should have really happened!
dmarie1184 chapter 1 . 5/4/2016
If only this had been the true ending. The show divurged from myth quite often and I had hoped it would be the case...anyway thank you for posting a well written alternate ending!
Wandererzaehler chapter 1 . 5/4/2016
This is what we all wanted to see! I remember getting absolutely furious when Merlin did call the dragon and it was too late. Thinking of the dragon only then seemed so out of character for Merlin... Anyway, I like your ending very much! It's touching, in character and I just loved the hints about Gwen's condition! Thanks for sharing.