Reviews for The Good Shepherd: Season One
TOManm chapter 8 . 4/3/2020
Good to see you come back around to this story!
It was quite a surprise to come across this one. The concept and crossover are definitely not common, ha.
The most interesting thing is the strange mix of you going into extreme detail regarding Element Zero / Mass Effect / Biotics, with the rather light skimming you do in regards to the characterization and the time skips. It was quite a delightful surprise reading your scientific forays. But your characterization feels stilted and without much depth. Carrie is an utter and complete mental disaster, even if you go with the book ending where she gets to die knowing one person knew her and didn't want to know her. And you...mostly skip all that time where she would be trying just to regain basic functions! I get the initial wakeup, where she's busy operating on 'survive' and 'holy shit aliens and the future', but missing out on a lot of that rehabilitation is frustrating. The depth of the relationship formed between Maria and Carrie could have been glorious, but you resort to merely telling us it happened after the fact!
And then Andrew. Since this is Mass Effect, I'm pretty confident Andrew is not endgame, but regardless the 'self-awakening' you had Carrie do latching onto Andrew either reads as weirdly simple or you cleverly laying out how Carrie still has a lot of growing up she needs to do.
Nonetheless, I really hope that you continue to write this!
Michael chapter 7 . 11/16/2019
This is a very interesting and awesome story! I love it and like it a lot! I am looking forward to reading future chapters of this story! I can't wait to read them, but it no pressure :) :) :) :) Also, is Sue somehow alive in stasis and might return? Just curious lol
Psychotol chapter 7 . 9/10/2017
Cool story.

Depressurisation wouldn't make you feel like you are choking though, the symptoms are more likely to be dizziness, trouble focusing your mind, having the mental capacity of Donald J Trump, basically as the availability of oxygen goes down, you only have the remaining oxygen in your blood, and you might also have the decompression sickness symptoms from your blood fizzing if it's fast enough, but your breathing would be unaffected.

Another thing I'm wondering (as I read this following completing Mass Effect Andromeda) is would Cora Harper have been in training at the same time as Carrie?

Cora's experience being vastly more first world problems compared to Carrie, but an early conversation when someone says "I didn't know you were biotic" she responds "Don't worry, it's not contagious," and my thought was "Fuck, what happened to you?" (and then you find out as you go)
Guest chapter 7 . 7/18/2017
I noticed the Krogan's name; Salamul.
He appears on a side mission I think either on a very foggy planet or a subterranean cave. Looks like round two will likely happen only on Mass Effect 2.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/12/2017
That was a really good story there.
I may have a theory that Carrie's mother may have discovered a Prothean beacon or ****** technology that indoctrinated her (better not spoiling the plot).
When I read the early chapters which Vakarian was that? Garrus or Castis (the official name of his dad)?
Please continue it. I love it!
Ginnyinindy chapter 7 . 5/19/2017
This is very good, I like it a lot.
shade098 chapter 7 . 7/13/2016
Harper, Harper, Harper, you do not mess with dormant nano-tech unless you know what's keeping it dormant.

Also that book looks interesting.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/7/2016
Sigh chapter 2 . 6/5/2016
You write military professionals and highly educated scientists like gossipy teenage girls and it's incredibly jarring. I stopped when Carrie hopped out of bed and began poking the computer; if you don't know why that wouldn't work, then you should probably step back and learn more about Mass Effect before you try and write in the universe any further.
JimmyHall24 chapter 3 . 5/21/2016
Considering what Carrie has been through, her belief in a god is stupid.
Bucio chapter 3 . 5/21/2016
Hi

Then Carrie will be the Shepard of this story?, well just the name of history, plus the commentary by Flinch, before they left Carrie and Emily, it's a sign, besides, if I understand (of how little I know), is based on renegade choice?

Then Carrie, is Shepard, but the story of Mass Effect will be the same ?, or there will be changes ?, I guess, especially with regard to Cerberus, plus the events of this chapter, reveal a little from Carries point of view, regarding the Aliens (an indication of the potential paring of Carrie, Turian or Asari?)

At least at the end, Maria was able to contact and convince Carrie to help, as I said, I just hope that certain things are different, and that, an already experienced Carrie Shepard not be manipulated easily by Cerberus, and that her enormous powers, make a difference against the enemies of the three games (and that Carrie can survive the events of ME3, I never liked the idea of sacrifice), in addition to seeing more of her friendship with Emily, through the events of the games and whether it will be important.

I apologize for spelling errors, I still have trouble with the English and I have to use Google Translator; and also if I overdo it a liitle bit with the enthusiasm, as I was thrilled with the first chapters, and this was not bad at

Good luck and keep it up.

PS: by the way, at the end of the second chapter, the meeting between Emily and Carrie, at that time I imagine the "Armour Zone" song from the series of Kamen Rider Amazons, which is the song that comes at the end of each episode I seemed appropriate, so important of the encounter between Carrie and Emily.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/17/2016
good story more
guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2016
I'm confused, shouldn't the doctors/scientists be more curious how Carrie can display powers similar to biotics without eezo in her body? I mean she developed these powers about 150 years before humanity even knew what spaceflight was.
helkil chapter 2 . 5/13/2016
I super super superply dee that she end up with a women human or not (asari)
Bucio chapter 2 . 5/13/2016
Hola, mucho gusto.

Ha mejorado bastante tu estilo desde tus historias de Tayuya en Smallville, las que tambien lei y seguia.

Hace un tiempo empece a leer crossovers de Mass Effect, porque llamo mi atencion y los encontre interesantes, y por casualidad me llego un aviso de una nueva historia tuya, un crossover entre Mass Effect y Carrie, y al ver la notificacion de este capitulo, me gano la curiosidad y decidi leerlo , lo que fue una agradable sorpresa, porque me gusto lo que va de la historia, con Carrie sobreviviendo gracias a sus increibles poderes, y despertando en una epoca donde no son raras esas habilidades y hay mas gente como ella y gente que conoce su historia y esta de su lado, ademas del detalle que sus habilidades son increibles, aun comparadas con las de la gente del futuro, considerando con quienes la comparo Chambers en terminos de poder (Benezia, Samara y Aria).

Ahora tengo curiosidad por ver que es lo que sigue, si Chambers y Maria pueden convencer a Carrie de que en verdad quieren ayudarla y darle terapia , o si , con ayuda de Emily, Carrie empieza a recuperarse emocionalmente del trauma qure ella tiene, aparte de que Carrie es muy lista, al deducir su situacion y usar sin complicaciones las computadoras del futuro, ademas de qye espero por ver cual sera el papel de Carrie en los eventos de los juegos de Mass Effect, ya sea como ella misma, o con ella convirtiendose en uno de los personajes principales de la saga, como Jack o FemShepard, ademas de que el apellido Shepard, hace juego o se parece al nombre de la historia, Sheperd.

Si Carrie va a ser ella misma, y si se llega a considerar la idea de una pareja para ella, tal vez Male Shepard o Chambers, y con Kaidan y Maria reencontrandose, ademas de Carrie ver y querer como familia a Emily , quien la trata mucho mejor que lo que hicieron su propia madre y compaƱeros, aprendiendo a confiar tambien en David y Maria despues

Good luck and keep it up