Reviews for The King's Shadow
Guest chapter 21 . 23h
Why the hell had they decided to hire a competent captain?

…Oh, right. They needed one. It was just very inconvenient from this side of the law.

Suddenly he realized why Merlin was always so cool towards Donald.

Oh, that's hilarious!
I hope during his talk with Uther that Arthur flat out states (in front of the Court) that he knows that Uther used magic to create a son and that is the only reason he hates magic, because he didn't listen when told what the cost would be.
ArmyWife22079 chapter 25 . 9/16
Weeeelllll if merlin wants to stay In Arthur’s employ with out the perverbial and literal axe over his head he could scrounge up the dragoon look and say he enchanted merlin to enchant and use as a scapegoat in the castle and what magic Merlin has is actually his and merlin was completely in willing. Completely convoluted but seems like something Uther would believe since he is amused by the boy
Lollypops101 chapter 25 . 9/16
Great chapter!
CacTusLoVer27 chapter 25 . 9/14
I really wasn't expecting the twist of these last few chapters, but it's a nice change of pace to have Merlin's secret revealed relatively early on. I'm really curious about the last few chapters, though sad that it will end so soon.
starlightandpie chapter 25 . 9/12
Hey! So it took me about two whole days to read both of these books (I found the first on ao3 and couldn't wait for the next update) and I would like to say this is officially the Best Merlin fanfiction I have ever read. Im so looking forward to the rest of the story, and the third book, and I would like to thank you for writing this story and publishing it. You've inspired me to start thinking up stories myself, and hopefully one day, I'll also be able to write as well as you can. Thanks again for writing this, and for being an awesome person (bc no one who writes THIS well can be anything less than awesome) and for making me start writing down my story ideas again. You rock!
Shoetsu Otaku chapter 25 . 9/11
Damn, I’ll be observing Sabbath the 28th :/ guess I’ll have to read it Tuesday then.
Blue Teller chapter 25 . 9/10
Yesss, Arthur. Confront your hypocrite of a father! It's long overdue! :D
I loved Merlin's reaction. His luck finally ran out... poor guy.
Fantastic chapter as always! Great job, you're amazing.
Wow, you portrayed Merlin's reaction at finding out that his identity was revealed wonderfully! He's so right in panicking: it all kind of took the backseat as they were dealing with Sigan, but this could change everything! No, it already changed everything. I'm glad Merlin already succeeded in getting Arthur on his side, otherwise it all would be even more of a nightmare to deal with...

Heh :'D I love that Merlin more easily believes that everybody is having a laugh at his expense, rather than that so many people respect him and acknowledge his status! I wonder if he'll ever get used to that :P He'll have to, with the way things are going!

Daww... of course he would blame himself for putting Gaius at risk :( He felt so vulnerable and sad in this scene, I'm so glad Gaius gave him a hug because I had the urge to do so and couldn't. :[ I'm so happy that they have each other, and that Gaius reassured him that none of this was his fault and that they're family who has each other's back! I love their dynamic so much!

Ohhh, Merlin's dropping the disguise on his eyes! I know it's kind of small, but somehow it feels like a huge gesture. Like he's finally accepted that there's no turning back, like he's dropped his disguise as incompetent servant boy for good. I'm so excited to see what this means for the future, and I'm super looking forward to Arthur's talk with his father and what Merlin will see about his people being loyal, like you mentioned!

Thank you so much for writing!
~Gwen
I love this story. Write more soon.
broken5pieces chapter 19 . 9/9
Poor Arthur- he can never get a break can he? And Merlin as for that matter.
TheNiemand chapter 25 . 9/9
To be honest, there wasnt much in the chapter that overly suprised me. It was the aftermatch of Merlins exposion and you manage this beautifully, which means that the people here feel like actual peoples and not like the narrow minded idiots they played in the original show.

Kudos

Also the real anticipating thing I have to wait again is the final talk Arthur has with Uther, if Uther won't (Which he probaply will) king card

"Enough! There is nothing to discuise. Magic is evil and bla bla bla!" You get what I mean

Also sad but also glad that this book comes to an end. Good because its never good to stretch something and sad because its end and I have to wait for your next book to come up.

If you would ever publish a book in real life, please tell me. I would buy it, if I have the money at the time.
MidnightWriter44678 chapter 25 . 9/9
Everyone hit the panic button! Merlin is exposed, Gaius has to run from Camelot, and Arthur is going to confront his father! I can't function. I love that Merlin got rid of his glamour on his eyes, it shows that he's finally accepting himself fully, in my opinion. I am super excited for the next chapter and ecstatic for the next book! Can't wait!
Triscribe chapter 25 . 9/9
Congrats on finishing the draft! Hope your next one goes well - I know whatever you come up with will be smashing regardless, but fingers crossed you don't get too many headaches in the process!
Merlin you need to stop panicking; it's not as though Uther will be able to execute you, no matter what he does. You would always be able to use your magic to escape etc because even if they have something that neutralises magic, your magic is of the earth, sky, oceans etc, it would never be held or will it ever run out.