Reviews for The King's Shadow
Lollypops101 chapter 22 . 4h
Great chapter!
Laigron chapter 22 . 7/19
Nice story. this cycle already holding first rank among my facorite Merlin fanfic stories. I am glad for Mergana hints :D (cause i certainly dont hate freylin. i just thing that Merlin and Morgana have, even in show, more chemistry than anything.) But i dont quite like the bad Morgana (unless Merlin is bad too :D) and i hope that drastic measures isnt Morgana seek help from Morgause. I also wonder what if Sigan grimoire is the anchor. :D but this is avesome to. That road think is qute good idea. but it somehow negate the Gray side (of the force :D) where morgana can go to road towards morgause and then suddenly for reason (or Merlin) go to path of good. i was wondering if merlin (aside from magical royalty and ancesters brothethood with bruta) ist royalty or noble. cause i think that dragonlords must have been some sort of nobility cause why the hell be tripple goddes (or dragon gods or whatewer) give power to control dragons to ordinary people (peasants yes.)
Tabbyprincess chapter 22 . 7/16
This is fantastic, omg
TheNiemand chapter 22 . 7/11
I like how Arthur tried to deny that Merlin is Emrys to protect him. I also find your backstory for Sigan quite fascinating and I agree with Merlin. Doesnt he have any normal relatives. It pokes some fun on a thing I have seen often happen in fanfiction. That the main character suddenly get some important past/ancestors/parents etc. Good work with that.

PS: I also read your Game of Throne one shoot and found its quality up to pair with this story. Hope to see that also to be worked on, but I cant ask for too much.
Ok, I guessed wrongly, but your meanings are also great.

I wonder what the third is?
First: this is great and I look forward to reading it all, however much that ends up being.

About the title, my guess is 1) he who follows the king ie his servant 2) he who acts in secrecy for the king 3) the shadow as a metaphor for a kings influence on his kingdom.
His patient, assuming that the physician's sudden horrified expression was because of her, made a frightened little squeaking noise. "Am I dying?" she demanded, eyes wide.

I love that bit! It's the little touches that really make this story work.
Drag0nst0rm chapter 22 . 7/8
Great chapter!
GWQQQ chapter 22 . 7/8
You've got me on the edge of my seat. I've got to know what happens next!

Alternate title: In which Sigan is a monster, and Merlin is the damsel in distress.
YourGreatestDream chapter 22 . 7/7
I’m actually...not panicking. Merlin should be very good at dreamwalking inherently, because he’s appeared in Morgana’s dreams since before she knew he had magic, and vice versa.

Still looking forward to Merlin thrashing his great-somethingth-grandpa.

Oh, and now the knights know about Merlin’s magic. There is that. Yay? I do hope that goes well. I’m sure Gwain won’t mind.
Triscribe chapter 22 . 7/7
PANIC MODE ENGAGED
THE 27TH CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH
(Lovely writing, as always, though I *do* wish you weren't nearly so fond of cliffhangers!)
Ruusaanyc chapter 22 . 7/7
Well crap, they've lost Merlin, lol. They can't get a break! You've turned Sigan into a very compelling villain, much better than most in the show. Looking forward to the next update!
JunAhrkSonaak chapter 22 . 7/7
I have your permission to panic? Nah, I trust you. And this from a person who'd probably be a straight up hedonist if not for other influences on my philosophy.
Freefan1412 chapter 22 . 7/7
Oh wow, this is really a mess. And so much for Merlin's nicely kept secret and controlled leaking thereof. How many people are with them again who didn't already know? There's Gwaine, Leon, and unnamed guards. Now what is Arthur going to do about that..?
Having Merlin kidnapped like that was a brilliant stroke plot-wise. Now he isn't around to help solve the problem with his rather vast library of options. All they have now is a only-just-learning-how-to-magic Morgana, a bunch of knights, clever Gwen and nothing else. I can't wait to see how this will continue. So interesting!
Thanks for the update and have fun writing!
mersan123 chapter 22 . 7/7
How unfair Antares. Another cliff hanger - and a nasty one at that. Now not only is Merlins secret out but he has been kidnapped by a very evil 'Grandpa'. This guy makes Uther look like a pussy cat - and that is saying something.
Maybe Uther and Sigan should combine their evil forces and just destroy the whole world...
Anyway, back to the story. Loved that so many people have been visiting Gaius in a positive way. This would be a wonderful opportunity to subtly promote the good of Emrys - although it would seem the people are doing ok by themselves.
Now we are faced with the issue of Merlins identity really becoming known and the possibility of Sigan controlling his power.
I will say, I am hoping for some Emrys BAMF here. That would be wonderful.
Thanks Antares. Another brilliantly entertaining and exciting chapter.