Reviews for New World - Stage 2
wiccawoman chapter 44 . 4/23
I am really loving this story! I can't wait to see what happens next. It is great that Brian has come out of his bonding (or brainwashing/conversion). I hope the Brian and Robin relationship takes a more positive route. I always thought that he had really liked her in the beginning and then there was the complete change in him. Anyways, keep up the great work!
Time Lady Quazar chapter 32 . 4/15
I have a lot of reading to catch up on, wow. I'll need to book it to get my fic in gear again. Too many life changes going on, it'll be a nice escape.

Love the Downstairs Kids. Jason is an interesting character, and Diana just shows a darker face every time she appears. Shudder. The "other" Brian is not a nice guy in the least, is he? I'm not a huge fan of kids, but I don't try to terrify them either.

I love how every character has their own story winding through the larger story of the invasion and into several other characters' stories. Which of course they would. It only gets more fascinating.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 27 . 12/31/2017
Hooray I have a computer again. Well, sort of. My 13 year old laptop miraculously managed to hook up to the internet and I even found an antivirus program it would accept. Not sure how downloading from it is going to go though . . . Stupid hard drive meltdowns
John never did seem as crazy or cruel as Diana, though certainly willing to do anything to save his planet and obey his Great Leader. But at leas he had some limits. The stress of what is essentially a massive siege when your supply lines are light years instead of miles away would be more than anyone in our little solar system could envision.
Good, if painful idea, having the ones with the most human contact have the more vulnerable parts like hands altered to look more human in case of ripped pseudo-skin. It sometimes didn't seem very tough on the show. I guess it was like certain materials, super strong in some ways, but if stressed in just the right way, easy to damage.
Still intriguing even when I know how it ends from the other side!
Time Lady Quazar chapter 23 . 11/4/2017
Poor Aloohula. How can he trust Brian with his superior attitude, and especially the bonding? Poor Brian. He seems like he could have been a halfway decent guy at heart. Growing pot, interesting choice of projects, have to admit it made me giggle. I hope Daniel doesn't get his obnoxious nose into Aloohula's project somehow. But he's Brian's bud . .
Time Lady Quazar chapter 22 . 10/28/2017
Finally read the Robin chapter in Stage 1. You almost made me like her, pretty good since she was always my least favorite character. Even as a kid she frustrated me, and I still think they overdid the whiney teenager characterization. You kept it pretty faithful, yet made her more three dimensional. And I really enjoyed Daniel's interactions.

The last two chapters of Stage 2 are still exciting. I keep wondering who's going to betray who, who might be more resistant to the bonding and develop sympathies for the humans. And I'm glad Martin found a friend, although part of me screams "No! Don't do it! Too dangerous! She'll find out!" Poor guy, can't imagine what it would really be like to work against not just your own country but your own entire species because what they're doing is wrong.

Still keeping me on edge. Keep up the good work!
Time Lady Quazar chapter 20 . 9/22/2017
Ah, the intrigue deepens. I like Kelly more and more. Poor Youth Corp is being driven half crazy and the ones that know why Like Martin and his friends can't change it, which has to be driving them half crazy. I can't wait to see what Kelly does next. Brian has a kind side, eh? That only makes everything sadder. The "Just a trooper" comment is so very, very cold, and really scary.

Glad to see Steven get a little "face time" too. I always liked him as a character. I wonder if he knew Daniel was set up and didn't care, just wanted to get rid of the ambitious little worm. The "time to think" line in the show was great. Guess there is a moment or two that I root for the lizards.

Loving it more with every chapter, even though I'm nervous because I know what's coming. I just know you're going to make my cry LOL.

Keep up the awesome work! The tension gets thicker with every chapter.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 17 . 9/8/2017
Interesting insights into Brian's personality. Strangely, I know a girl a lot like him-can be a real jerk sometimes, but it's all self-preservation. Not sure if I feel less sympathy for him now, or more. At least he apologized to his roommate. Love all the details about the different species of Visitor. It makes Willie being a vegetarian and seemingly able to eat human food-though not in combinations any human I know would try!-more plausible. Can't wait to see what's next. Kelly seems like a good kid, at least so far.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 16 . 8/24/2017
". . . the guardians not only of our world, but the universe." That's more than a little chilling. And of course Diana would be enjoying every bit of this. The Leader is a scary guy. I still like the idea of the different races of Visitor. It makes sense too, even if they weren't separated by oceans like humans were, they certainly would have been by mountain ranges and deserts and who knows what other difficult to pass or unlivable conditions. And I still love the idea of the lizards creating the all-important crystals.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 15 . 8/4/2017
Poor Brian. The bonding/conversion and counseling are amazingly thought out. Interesting bit of info about his relationship with his roommate too. Can't wait to see if the dream means anything. This gets better with every chapter. But poor Brian.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 14 . 7/3/2017
"the strength and divine power . . ." Shudder. Brain washing at its best. And of course the children are targeted for both brainwashing and hostages.

Very interesting. Fascinating how the power crystals are made. And that so few even of the top brass know the whole reason they came to Earth.

Pretty chilling. I had already felt sorry for the "ordinary" Visitors. Now I'm starting to feel sorry even for some of those who are supposed to be in leadership roles.
Time Lady Quazar chapter 13 . 6/18/2017
This is fascinating. I love how Brian-heavy the story is, he was my first favorite character before Martin took over. (I definitely enjoy Martin's scenes too!) Poor kids, I feel sorry for them here. They must have been terrified. Loving it!
txtmstrjoe chapter 11 . 4/24/2017
It has taken me months - life keeps getting in the way! - but I've finally caught up with this wonderful story.

I LOVE this. As a piece of speculative fanfic that fills in some blanks as it proceeds on the familiar timeline of its source material, this is one of the better ones I've read.

I really love the idea that the Visitors have different classes and peoples analogous to our own society's racial and ethnic divides. As far as I know, it's a unique take on the Visitors.

For one thing, it encourages the reader to look at things from the Visitors' perspective. It helps you sympathize with their various goals (personal and collective, private and public).

I like the story's pacing as well. It's not hurrying along, but it's not plodding either.

I hope there's a lot more to come.
Tamie Kwist chapter 10 . 3/22/2017
Diana and her ego, even taking credit for that which is not hers...
Tamie Kwist chapter 9 . 5/19/2016
Why not just arrest them and execute them? That is so Diana...

Awesome ending, with the word "resist" uttered by the growing rebellion.
Tamie Kwist chapter 8 . 5/18/2016
Very cool to see Diana in her scientific element. I tend to think of her more as a political figure, and often forget she is a scientist... You've shown this side of her well. Bravo.