Reviews for A Visit From Mayor Samwise
Frodo's sister chapter 8 . 10/18/2014
I like this story. Merry, Pippin and Sam are true to their characters.
xyxyx chapter 8 . 5/23/2004
I was going over your tragically short story list only to discover I never reviewed it! *shock* *horror* So here we are:
Fabulous, which shouldn't come as a surprise. Characterizations are spot-on, it's all that lovely mixture of touching and melancholy and cute and funny you seem to have in all your work. "Pippin is a goose" became my tagline for the longest time because I laughed so hard at it. As with all your stories, magnificent, I applaud you.
-Minty
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 8 . 3/9/2003
Very sweet, Zebra. Excellent visit with my favorite hobbits. Thank you. : )
Guest chapter 8 . 2/9/2003
Wonderful! You did an excellent job! I adored it and you were so prompt about putting the next chapter up! I'm at impressed!
Lady of Ithilien chapter 8 . 2/8/2003
I can't believe it's over! This story has been so much fun to read, it's sad to see it end. But what a perfect ending! A sad resolution, but the best they could have worked out, and it's great to see that they won't be permanently leaving Crickhollow or each other. And that last line - "'Aye, and they may be loons, but I love them just the same.'" - *sniffle* just wonderful.

"'Let no one say,' he murmured, 'that Tooks do not possess good and common sense.'"

"'Why, Merry,' Pippin frowned, 'Who has ever said that?'" LOL! One of my favorite parts of this story is the great character interaction; the banter is so much fun to read. I think you've really done well with capturing the friendship between the hobbits, showing how much they've grown over the years, but still keeping them true to their original form (and the conversation between Merry and Estella at the beginning of the last chapter was great). Also, just a little thing that I loved for some reason - Pippin's sign of forgiveness in the form of a raisin. It just seems perfect somehow, that something so small could have such a meaning for the two friends. Like everything else in this amazing story, absolutely perfect. I hope you'll write more hobbit stories in the future, I'd love to read them!

(btw, FFN is being screwy, so I might've sent this twice... :P )
Pearl Took chapter 8 . 2/8/2003
Dear Zebra Wallpaper,

Lovely ending! And you even let Pippin have some sense in his handsome head! Thank you for that.

Pearl Took
Kawai Hikari chapter 8 . 2/8/2003
*desperate look on face and sweat rolling down from forehead* must...resist...cuteness...must...excellent...writing...skills...

(love it! adore it! write again! Please!)
Kawai Hikari chapter 8 . 2/8/2003

(love it! ador it! write again! Please!)
Parallel Dreamer chapter 8 . 2/7/2003
oooh! Faramir's so cute! lol

Very good; the story was well told. Write something like this again, if you please!
Pansy Chubb chapter 8 . 2/7/2003
These last two chapters are great. I love the pancakes. Their relationship is so special they couldn't stay angry long. Great plot and writing.
shirebound chapter 8 . 2/7/2003
I loved this story SO MUCH! You are an exquisite writer - I truly believe you hid behind a tree at Crickhollow and just wrote down every word those wondrous hobbits spoke to each other. And you probably have a raisin in your pocket to prove it. This is MARVELOUS, and I look forward to your next gem.
shirebound chapter 7 . 2/7/2003
"Tooks." He frowned and closed his eyes once more." Love it!

Oh, the food... and Estella making "back ups"... this story is wondrous.
Llinos chapter 6 . 2/5/2003
Ah - so Merry actually needs Pippin to make him whole. Just as I always suspected! I wonder that Merry does not have children of his own yet. He does have at least one son and that is probably what he needs right now - to take the place of Pippin perhaps.

Okay, enough psycho-analysis from me. I look forward to seeing where you will take this.
Llinos chapter 5 . 2/5/2003
Good ol' Sam - filled to the brim with good hobbit sense. This is a very nice view of hobbit society.
Llinos chapter 4 . 2/5/2003
Poor Pippin. Merry does not see that his attitude is unwarrented and patronising, although he cannot mean it to be unkind. Still liking Estella more and more.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »