Reviews for Child of Hogwarts, Part II: The Marauder Legacy
caveydude chapter 23 . 6/13
Your portrayal of Sirius is amazing, I'm loving the flashbacks
fflai chapter 10 . 5/28
'He takes twice as many lessons during the year,' Severus pointed out.
Albus smiled in full now. 'Ah, but only half as many with you,' he countered, with twinkling eyes. Severus glared – not nearly as amused.

Brilliant!
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 43 . 5/24
Good ending. Can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work!
~Estel
Dragon-Warrior-93 chapter 16 . 5/12
this is a fun read so far as was book one i like all the new ideas in it there are so many HP fics most have a lot in common only having one or two differences and alot of it being like others but this story is throwing them left, right and centre, i love it its nice to see a truly original storyline for a change (obviously there are parts of canon but there needed.) Im looking forward to whats next. Also fun little saying my dad once told me about having kids. You'll spend the first 2 years teaching them to walk and talk and the next 16 to shutup and sitdown
SPJaymo117 chapter 43 . 5/5
Great writing!

Please tell me that Harry has finished his "I'll do exactly the opposite of what authority had told me to do even if it's ridiculously dumb" stage?

It's one of the only things I don't like about this story. Everyone seems fine with Harry disobeying in key moments. And I mean key. Surely by now Albus would have shaken him and said you're going to get some one killed by doing things we tell you not to.

- murderer on the loose, oh let me go for a stroll to Hagrids while the headmaster is out.
Me chapter 38 . 5/4
Y'know... I know it's teenage angst and frustration, but you really thin Harry would have learned *last* time he ran into something he wasn't supposed to... To
Just stay put when he's told.
Me chapter 23 . 5/4
An absentee father? Disappointed that Peter wasn't Slytherin? Perhaps we *do* have an OC, here? Perhaps in this version Peters betrayel was an attempt at winning an estranged fathers approval and affection? Nah. I'm grasping at straws here.
Me chapter 22 . 5/4
So, Malfoys knows about our mysterious Death Eater... It can't be Lucius he doesn't have the balls, and he's not short. Though he does have a pale wand... I'm thinking this rules out OC though. I wonder if it's possible... Filch as a leak...? But it still doesn't answer the death eater question. Hmmmm...
Me chapter 20 . 5/4
So, of course, my previous theory makes no sense, because it sounds like Grindewald dislikes Voldemort as much as anyone and this guy is clearly a fanatic. Who could it possibly be? Barty, somehow freed early? An OC? Maybe if I google HP characters with pale wands? But Voldmorts wand was pale and that's being held by... And later chapters definitely indicate it isn't... Argh! I *will* figure this out! (If it's not an OC)
Me chapter 19 . 5/4
Tis maddening! I can NOT figure out who this could be! Unless... Somehow... Grindwald is responsible? For this and the rock? Is he "testing" Harry on his own since he feels Albus has gotten too close to do "what is necessary"?
Thank you so much for such an amazing story! I am looking forward to the next one :)
Valkyrie-Sythe chapter 43 . 4/25
"nobody died... this time." ...oh boy, I feel next book we're about to see death rear it's ugly head. *cough* Cedric *cough*
I can't wait for the next book! And gee, will Snape ever change?
'Master of Death' oh, that can of worms is about to be opened aye?
Undeniably Uzumaki chapter 43 . 4/25
So I really like this series. It has proven to be both well written and well executed, and where the execution is concerned, I have read few better works. I have also seen that slowly the changes are beginning to show themselves in events. I want to congratulate you on two completed "books" as well. And then I have a warning and some advice where the plot is concerned, derivived in large part from experience with reading what is surely an enormous volume of works in this series (several thousand at least a chapter of, and likely half that for at least a fair chunk of the work). Don't get tied too much to Cannon. So far the changes had been fairly minor overall, but fourth year is the year where change needs to occur if you want to stay true to the world you've built and not Cannon. This year will be the tournament, dates, the resurrection (most likely), and more. It will also mark the end of you getting to treat Harry as a child. To older adults it might sound intolerable, but the truth must be clear. Harry will need to be at the center of a war. Harry will likely see friends and loved ones die, and Harry will need training and to understand his role. Sadly, that will mean the end of him getting to be so normal. Fourth year is the year of change. I am somewhat hopeful you will support this, given the change in attitude you showed for both Harry and Hermione at the end, as well as Snape's conversation with Dumbledore. On the other hand, the last lines of this chapter make me fear you will delay using the excuse that Dumbledore isn't sure he can trust Harry with the knowledge with the link to Voldemort. I hope you do not do this, as it is very easily correctable if Occlumency really is supposed to work. Harry has the exercises and at least the very basic training already, and if he possesses the suspicion, adding it to his learning in fourth year should be something fairly easily accomplished. My point is simple. Don't mirror cannon, modify it. The same plot points, whatever the reason, become annoying for the sheer fact that there ought to be differences in such a changed world. Now I am going to go start the next book. It is my dearest hope that you soar in diverisity, not sink in symmetry.
Leonore chapter 43 . 4/25
OMG. This was the PERFECT ending! I loved it so much I don't even know where to start this review...
I love that your letting Harry grow up, but at a reasonable pace. He still has child like qualities but is clearly not a "baby" any longer. I really liked that there were so many subtle shout outs to that growing up throughout this chapter, and how complex "adulthood" is going to be for him- from Albus and his musings on carrying him to the scene between them in the hospital wing to the Harry/Remus talk and the Snape/Albus talk..., and then the bit with Ron and Hermione where Harry sort of realizes both he and hermione have grown. It was perfectly done.
And, of course, I LOVED the snape resolution. Your explanation of all the Sirius/ministry/Voldemort bits was perfect- all those tensions... and I adored that you have him and dumbledore discussing what it will mean if the prophecy comes true.
Super sad Sirius didn't get his comeuppance, but honestly I didn't expect that he would and I thought you handled it beautifully. I LOVE that you gave Remus a new purpose in leaving- it feels very true to his character and your story and it also shows his growth too... instead of leaving in shame because of who he is, he's using who he is to help his friend. Quick query - are you shipping Remus/Sirius? I didn't think so, but in rereading I thought maybe this scene could be read that way...
and... that last scene with Bill- oh my god you are freaking amazing! This story is so multilayered and complex... I've said it before but honestly, you could ghost for JKR. Or JKR could ghost for you- I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I figured that we'd see bill/grindelwald down the line, but they haven't come up in a while here so I never expected to see bill in the conclusion. Such a great twist and cliffie! And of course, now seeing this and the title for Part III, I'll bet grindelwald plays a key role next book...

Loved loved loved it and can't wait for the next book!
anyeshabaner chapter 43 . 4/25
the last line... omgg..! the last line almost made a heart attack... i am so excited for the next installation though!...cant wait to see harry albus sev siri remus and minerva in action!