Reviews for Good Show!
Carissa chapter 7 . 7/23/2019
This whole story is beautiful! The characters are deep, real, and true to the BBC incarnation; and the events are so real I'm tempted to wonder if you may have experienced these happenings yourself, and merely changed the names of the characters!
pipib chapter 7 . 7/31/2018
Loved this story. Fun and sweet.
laraquick chapter 7 . 1/19/2017
A wonderfully written story with a lot of the elements of Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship as brothers are established as well as their characters in adult life.
JolieBlack chapter 7 . 1/17/2017
This is a really enjoyable story!

I learned a lot about dogs, and a lot about the agonies of siblinghood. At least concerning this particular pair of brothers. You have both of them down pat, but I thought your Mycroft was especially admirably rendered. I also admire your Mr Holmes senior. I think you've absolutely nailed him and his relationship with the rest of his family. I could totally see why both his wife and his sons adore and respect him, even though he's a "moron". I love how he sees through Mycroft's machinations straight away.

I loved the twists and turns of the story, especially of course Sherlock sabotaging Mycroft's attempts at making an impression. And the nameless boy with the mongrel. And how Mycroft gains the respect of his schoolmates when he expected the exact opposite. And of course, Mycroft finally writing the dog over to Sherlock for real.

Admittedly, I felt the story ended a bit too happily (for Mycroft, that is). I think he'd have deserved the lesson that ambition and intrigue alone won't always get him where he wants, as long as he insists on eliminating the human factor from his equations...

But on the whole, a great read, not only for dog lovers. :)
Guest chapter 7 . 12/24/2016
Absolutely brilliant!
marketeerbubbles chapter 7 . 12/13/2016
What a wonderful story. it truly mass me miss my Zack
IamSlytherclaw chapter 1 . 12/11/2016
This is so well written! Very true to the characters
chai4anne chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Oh, this was a wonderful ending for this story! You had me laughing over Col. Westward's howls of fury and Mrs. Holmes' tart replies, touched by Sherlock's quiet misery, delighted by Mycroft's unexpected triumphs, and all of the above in that absolutely perfect final scene.

I've loved this story from the get-go. You've done such a great job with it: the characters are so well-drawn, the humour is perfectly paced and very funny, and it's all quite touching and sweet, without ever becoming remotely saccharine. Brava! GOOD SHOW!
Wynsom chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Touching resolution to a tremendously entertaining tail...er...tale of boys and dogs, the complexity of life and the endurance of brotherly love! Mycroft's recollection of younger Sherlock was extraordinarily poignant.

I especially love how you play with mirrors and foreshadowing throughout: Sir Geoffrey's sympathies for Mycroft is explained by the curly-mopped, gingered-haired Reggie-a thin man- who even resembles the adult Sherlock's in his choice of great coat (wink, wink: I believe BC is a natural ginger.) Although you describe six-year-old Sherlock's purple dressing gown, adult Sherlock is often seen in his dressing gown (okay, it is blue silk) and his purple shirt is trademark.

I especially enjoy the John-Watson parallels to Redbeard's loyalty and affection for Sherlock and his complicity to take care of "our boy" with Mycroft. Even the bit about Aegis was beautiful. [sniff, sniff, handkerchief please?] By the end of Final Results you resolved so many backstories about the Holmes brothers and established the one unshakable truth-they DO care about each other.

Also, so many lines of your prose are eloquently crafted but you make writing look easy! That is true talent. Thank you for this wondrous tail..tale (sorry, I can't help, myself).
Snapesthe1 chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
You have such an articulate style! I look forward to all your stories. Your writing is highly engaging and storylines are tight.
englishtutor chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Brava! Brava! A wonderful ending to your wonderful story! So many things to like, I cannot possibly do justice in this review. But this-

'Peri was clearly a “hussy” who had shamelessly thrown herself at their blameless pet. ' 'Redbeard would like nothing better than to make an honest dog of Peri by bringing her home' -I was laughing so hard at this point I could hardly breathe!

I love your Mr. and Mrs. Holmse so much! You make them so real, and they are the perfect parents to these challenging boys. I also adore your Sir Geoffrey and his clear vision for potential in both dogs and boys. And I love Michael for turning the situation on its head and making it work in Mycroft's advantage at school. Lovely!

And that ending! You wrapped it all up as the perfect lead-in to your wonderful story "An Innocent Man". Great work!
delia cerrano chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Lovely ending to the very good story. I roared through the last chapter and had some tears reading this one.
JOH1 chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Love your brothers! This was a wonderful story, funny and touching at the same time, thanks for writing it!
Saffysmom chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
This was funny, sweet, heartwarming and touching! The way you brought in so many little elements from their future lives was just brilliant. You painted such a wonderful picture of young Sherlock and Mycroft that this version of their early home life is now my head canon. This is a story I will re-read often. Thanks so much!
xxyzz chapter 7 . 12/8/2016