Reviews for Cocoon of the Butterfly
neptunian1234 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This is so beautifully written. It just so elegantly depicts how "perfect" Michiru is and it does its job.
Simply amazing!
Angelsheart85 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
this was amazing!

thank you!1
sheena p. lagas chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
the cocoon is like a lava that

the egg of the butterfly can

explore . . . so the butterfly formed
daughterofmars chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
"The blue-velvet was black in the darkness, like an ocean that had pulled back to reveal the deep, bottomless, emptiness it had once filled. But no one would notice but the butterfly that had left her cocoon behind for what it was. Cruel, black thorns still ran up the sides, and deep, white scratches of imperfection was still there on the back of the case, except that nobody knew that the butterfly bore those same marks in her soul and barbed those same wounds into the music she played and danced to in the light of the sun and the moon. No one took notice in those things, because her pain was as beautiful as

she, and they were more than willing to be bedazzled by what they saw in her haunted eyes and cold, lost smile. In so doing, her audience were unable to grasp the truth of what she was, nor did they take note of the poison she possessed."

This, my dear, is perfection. I was guided to this story by a reviewer of mine who told me about fleshing out Michiru's character and said that the best fic ever doing that was this, by you. So I searched for it, found it and... I had to get used to the dark style (why is it always Michiru who people make dark? :P) but after that, I was mesmerized by the beauty of your writing. It's insanely well-written. Your style flows so well and your words never seem off. Yeah... I... was breathless.

About Michiru... many of the questions I've been asking myself about this wonderful character were answered in this and even though I have my own little canon for Haruka and Michiru which doesn't always match yours, the idea of Pluto coming to inform her of her duties was wonderful.

I liked your take on how she started obsessing over Haruka... kudos to you for that, because many people tend to flatten their relationship more than it needs to be.

So, all in all, this was an amazing read and it's going to my favorite stories and you, dear author, to my favorite authors list. Thank you for inspiring me to write Haruka/Michru fic once more, something I haven't been able to do since my latest story... You have made me want to try my best at doing these two justice. Arigato.

~ S.
marc chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
that was breathtaking. been a long time since this fic was put up but it just caught my eye. best characterization of michiru and even haruka of all time. and the methaphors too... just wow.

thanks for making michiru seem more alive than she ever was and keep up the great work!
SlipperyLiz chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
I love the imagery you use in this story to illustrate the characters' feelings, and I love the way you portray the characters. Good Job -_
Kohikari chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
Wow... That was beautiful.
Windancer chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
Wonderful story. You write Michiru really well. Thanks for sharing.
chibidarkxiao chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
You can't imagine how much I enjoyed reading the WHOLE fic
Mou! it was so I dont know like perfect! writen,described,everythin'!
Damn.. I'm going to read it again... your fics are addictive...
Cyber69 chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
Really good story!
Alezia chapter 1 . 3/12/2003
WOW. What else can I say? That was absolutely incredible. Just gorgeous description, and amazing characterization too…the only thing I can think of is that you should go through and check for typos. There were a few misspellings and grammar mistakes here and there. Other than that (and those are such boring nitpicky things) – fantastic job!
sailormoonjoy chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
This was a really long, but extremely good story _
StoneLion chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
Beautifully done. :) It's rare to find Michiru stories. Most deal with either Haruka and Michiru (with an emphasis on Haruka) or just Haruka with a sprinkling of Michiru. I think most people are intimidated her character, but either way, you've managed to create a wonderful piece of work.
jade chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
I thought this fanfic was amazing. I really liked Michiru's character even before this but this fic really put a huge amount of depth into an already complex person. I really enjoyed it and I'm excited about reading a Hotaru fic from you. (I am a huge Saturn fan.) I do hope you get that done soon.