Reviews for That Subtle Science and Exact Art
janefanatic chapter 1 . 6/17/2016
Very nice! I've read the first 8 Dresden books, and enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for sharing!
OriginalName1 chapter 1 . 6/6/2016
Wait, Harry Potter is a book series in the Dresdan verse. Did a Dresdan tell Snape he's a fiction character here?
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 5/23/2016
I liked it.
ggf1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Interesting. I would like to see more.
Dragonskyt chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
Haha!
That was hilarious.

Guess the Teacher became the Student.
JayeMaru chapter 1 . 5/14/2016
Interesting idea. I've read each universe, but never thought about how the HP world would look from a Dresden perspective. That the magic from one reality simply might not work in the other.
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 5/14/2016
I've never read the Dresden Files before - but this is so clever! And your Snape is so believable.

Love the philosophy of potion-making. Did you come up with the werewolf one yourself?

You're making me think possibly I should check the source material out.
suteko1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Okay I love this. too often in HP and DF crossovers it is only the Harrys interacting. Love Snapes confusion
madbrad chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
I'm just plowing my way through the Dresden Files now. I'm at the point where I'm dreading getting to the end. :-) :-( Four books to go. I do hope the author is still pumping them out.

Anyway, I'd read enough to understand this. Had to laugh at the idea of HP magic having 'rules'. Not that Rowling ever thought up a 'system of magic' of any significance or complexity that we could respect (like Duane's 'Young Wizards' books, or Dresden). You just quote some nonsensical pseudo latin and wave a wooden stick, that's as far as you can go in Rowling's simple universe.

But I get the idea - that HP magic is 'scientific' in that results can be duplicated and verified by any wizard anywhere. Neat idea and contrast with Dresden.

Summary - a fun little read. As always I love your imagination and how you can mix universes together!
Ansixilus chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
This... is... fascinating. Please make more, there's a great deal of potential here.
bigd95822 chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
hey jedi,
your hp x Dresden files are getting better and better. hope you will do a multi chapter one soon. most or all of the decent ones on are incomplete or only partials.
would love to see one where Dresden and Lilly are related and instead of going to the leaky cauldron harry runs away to Chicago. And all the hilarity and drama that would ensue. that would be brilliant.
oddhack chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
This is fun, and I'd certainly enjoy seeing Snape learn how to adapt to the Dresdenverse should you wish to continue it. But I'm pretty sure I read it quite a while ago... maybe on another site? Was it updated and published as a new story?
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
Fun! I've seen almost all of the TV show, but I haven't read any of the books. I should probably fix that.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
Great start, I'd love to see more.
wsull chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
Interesting always like to see magic comparison
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »