Reviews for First Attempt
hydrurga leptonyx chapter 9 . 4/1/2018
I really hope you keep updating this story it is great and I will continue to follow it.
Cuthbert72 chapter 9 . 6/14/2017
This was rather a sad chapter. What with Neville visiting his parents and not really 'clicking' with Luna. Incidentally, I don't think Luna ever "creeped Neville out". She always filled him with curiosity, wonder and deep tranquility. Neville's relationship with this wonderful girl seems to have gone a few steps backwards since the last chapter.
Cuthbert72 chapter 8 . 2/12/2017
"You looked nervous, and I wanted to set you at ease,". This is so wonderfully Luna. I'm glad you've begun to bring them together.

Perhaps Luna can begin the titanic task of giving Neville some self confidence.

I like that you did not name the 'toad woman', but it is obvious who she was.
Cuthbert72 chapter 7 . 12/5/2016
The first paragraph of this chapter gave me a warm feeling. I particularly liked your description of Luna's mother with her permanent look of love. I'm sure some of this must have been acquired by Luna, particularly the state of always seeming serene and happy. That is Luna's most endearing quality. Luna also projects a warmth which envelops those who get to know her, such as Ginny and, eventually, Neville. I can't, however imagine her being frosty to Hermione, or anyone for that matter.

The other factor you have brought out is that Neville and Luna are slight outcasts. Of course, this is one of the factors that brings them together.

I love your description of the effect her wonderful eyes had on Neville. She could probably see into his soul - like Lady Galadriel in Lord of the Rings. As she was named for the moon, I feel she was a white blot on blue paper, like the moon against a deep blue sky. Your take on her is similar to mine.

Please continue! This beautiful, but strange couple have met. Now they have to get to know each other.
Cuthbert72 chapter 6 . 8/30/2016
Wow! This was strange, intriguing, wonderful and beautiful. Luna and Neville are separate, in their own homed and left to their own thoughts. Luna always was a dreamer, but needs Neville to stop her musings from drowning her. He needs her inspiration to pull him out of his quagmire of inferiority and gain some self respect. This chapter has outlined the loneliness of these two gentle people brilliantly. They need to be brought together.
Cuthbert72 chapter 5 . 7/1/2016
I loved your description of Luna's musings as she was alone in the castle. I am wonering why she wasn't with the others at the lake. I also liked your comparing Snape to a black hole; i.e. something from which light cannot escape. It is also plain that Neville is lonely and could do with some of Luna's light shining on him. Please continue.
Cuthbert72 chapter 4 . 6/4/2016
As I said a couple of chapters ago "Poor sweet Luna." she realises she is too young for the Yule Ball, unless someone asks her. From your words, I can feel her loneliness. Now for Neville. He likes Ginny, but Luna is worth a thousand Ginnys! What should bring them together is the notion that they are both slight outcasts. They need to find each other. Please continue.
Cuthbert72 chapter 3 . 5/24/2016
Again, poor sweet Luna. She is really hurt and seems to be disappearing into somewhere really gloomy. Hopefully she can escape the pain in the hospital wing ceiling and recover. Neville needs her as he is also descending into a very dark place from which there may be no escape. There is a bond between them and the sooner they find each other, the better. So sad! Please continue.
Cuthbert72 chapter 2 . 5/15/2016
Oh! Poor sweet Luna. She is clearly injured. I find it significant that, after Luna's fall into a muddy puddle, Neville finds himself, in his imagination, sinking into cold wet stinking mud. Has a psychic bond already formed between them? This is developing into something interesting. Please continue.

I don't know when this review will reach you as they don't seem to be appearing at present.
Cuthbert72 chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
This is a pleasant beginning. I did wonder at one point how Luna could see both Orion and Sagittarius in the same sky. Then I realised she was looking up at the roof of the great hall. It is clear that a bond is beginning to form between Neville and Luna.