Reviews for Holding Our Own in a Great Big Storm
Hazel Sparks Fly chapter 46 . 8/6/2018
I LOVED THIS STORY! I have read the entire thing in about 24 hours and it was so worth it! Oliver grew up so much from the beginning, and I'm so happy Mae won because she was my favorite for most of it!
Guest3377767 chapter 26 . 6/17/2018
I love this so much! It so interesting I literally cannot stop reading it was so hard for me to stop and write this review. I really love your take on the selection. I keep changing who I want Oliver to be with as the chapters go on! You have done a wonderful job!
ambiances chapter 17 . 8/5/2017
It's 2am and time for me to stop tbh. I started reviewing at like 10pm so I probably seem like drunk in my other stuff and i know for a fact i have misspelled at least 7 words per review (this has been scientifically proven.) You're probably sleeping so i apologize to your inbox, but i will continue with the aggressive reviews tomorrow:)

ALSO OLIVER U IDIOT NEVER EVEN IMPLY THAT SOMEONE IS LIKE GOING TO COMMIT TREASON FOR A GUY SO MUCH NOOOOOOO.
ambiances chapter 16 . 8/5/2017
HER BITCH ASS HUSBAND MAN I LOVE OLIVER SM OMG.

RAFAEL WAS ME WALKING INTO A ROOM TBH 10/10

WHATS THE BEEF WITH HIM AN REGAN? Im hooked yall

POSSESIVE SNEER? This has me sobbing bc her fc i can 15/4 see it (im in literal tears god bless kiera knightly)

SHOOK BC I THOUGHT SARA WAS AN EX SELECTED (the lady thing convinced me smh) SO I WAS LIKE WHERE SHE AT? BUT NAH SHE BEEN THE MISTRESS THE WHOLE TIME.

I always get sad when this amazing music piece is like gushed over in novels but you can't listen to it? Bc it's not real? Time to sob.

REGAN WTF U HOE IT'S TIME T P.

FUCKFUCKFUKC THEY AHAD A THINGKALGS0PAIHG.

HE PROPOSED APIHGFAPIGHAPSFIGHAPSG NOOOOOO.

A LOT OF FIRST DOES THAT MEAN OH GOD NO HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL.

Omg a letter i cant raphael.

mecHANICAL PROBLEMS NONO WRONG I CANR BREATHEEEE.

(Side note: imagining regan as kiera had me in literal tears bc fuck its such a good casting aouaosgfuv. Maybe bc i've seen anna karenina and i've seen her be in a russian environment but like yES to that (if you haven't watched the move u 23/10 should))
ambiances chapter 15 . 8/5/2017
NO SHE WAS SAYING SHE LOVED YOUR BROTHER NOT YOU OH HUNNY.

OK BUT WAS THAT AN ACTUAL REACTION LIKE WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CANT DRIVE IM.

THAT HISTORICAL REF? YES PLS.

Jonathan is so pure pls save his soul.

YASSS THALIA BB SO PROUD OF YOUUU.

Omg eadlyn not everyone is like you with your mass eliminations of sass.

YASSSS REYNA FUCK HIM UP.

AMERICA WHAT A MYSTICAL MOVIE NAME. (10/10 would watch tho)
ambiances chapter 14 . 8/4/2017
When your staff is so extra they make the palace smell overly clean.

After all those photographs I wish i could be selected just for the friendship like soB?

I KNOW I'VE SAID THIS EVERY REVIEW BUT FUCKING MARID ILLEA ITS TIME TO STOP.

That kiss fail tho if that aint me.

ITS CALIS DAD AISFHAOSIFGAHSPGFI.

Ok but i fucking love aspen's quotes in fanfics and in eadlyn-era like can it get anymore iconic and shady.

Well,,,,,, oliver reacts to crying girls better than maxon at least.

Kaitlyn is so pure omg (but I'm waiting for that alaric beef).

Honestly i love italians for their personalities, food, and names. (The latter two i tend to get mixed up: i.e. I thought mussolini was a pasta :)))
ambiances chapter 13 . 8/4/2017
Before i begin screaming: i literally opened a new note on my phone so i can write all the feels i get in real time for that much more intesity of a review, so prepare for the aggression.

FUCKING MARID ILLEA PATTING PEOPLES BACKS LIKE I A WITH HIS SHIT BYE.

YES MAE TELL HIM LIKE IT IS.

"Return to society" ME AFTER SPRING BREAK.

OK BUT MONOPOLY IS LIKE LIFE OR DEATH IN MY HOUSE EVERYONE GOES FULL OUT SAVAGE IT I S.

"as long as there isn't another expose" oH HUNNY YOU JUST WAIT ANOTHER 3 MINUTES.

NO DONT GO CLUBBING HOE DONT DO IT.

AND NOW IM SCREAMING LIKE U ASSHAT WHAT DID I TELL YOU? Pisfhapsfighajspofgaih

YOU MADE MAXON DISAPPOINTED THAT IS SHAMEFUL OLIVER.

okok so i went back and reread that little bit bc i was skipping over things and hE FUCKING KISSED THE GIRL? I LITERALLY BREATHED IN SHARPLY WHEN I READ THAT.

YOU WERE CAUGHT IN A CLOSET HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING FROM OTHER PEOPLE BEING CAUGHT IN A CLOSET? IAHGAOPHGS

Omg maxon what a pure cinnamon bun.

IRINA WHAT A FUCKING HOMESLICE REALLY TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM.

And finally: YES MAE CALL. HIM. OUT.
ambiances chapter 12 . 8/4/2017
Omg "we finally curropted the youth" 10/10 something I would say about my little cousins.

MARID CAN YOU STOP? IT'S TIME TO PUT DOWN THE PHONE MY DUDE.
(sigh from iwests i know that all he does is not stop soB)
ambiances chapter 11 . 8/4/2017
I've been so busy binge reading I completely forgot to review but i'm here now!

FIRST: since I've read iwests before this and I know how everything goes that Tristan/Isodole stuff is like highkey foreshadowing tbh.

SECOND: THE OLYMPICS THING I CANT BREATHE? I'M 11/10 GONNA FORCE MY FRIENDS TO TRY DOING THAT WITH ME OMG.

THIRD: i would just like to addRESS when Mae and Oliver did the lift last chapter like I was literally scREAMING. You know you've found the one when he's willing to lift you into the air while you run towards him.
shades111 chapter 46 . 5/18/2017
HELLO!

Okay, so I know I mentioned that I'd been reading this on that group chat, but this story definitely deserves a review! I just have to say that this is by far my favorite story in this fandom that I've read so far, and one of the best fanfics I've ever read! It read like an actual book and how you slowly developed the characters and the relationships and the plot lines was amazing, and UGH I LOVED IT SO MUCH. First, I loved how Eadlyn married Kile instead, because I did not like the ending of the last book at all, and this felt much more likely. I didn't expect Mae to win in the beginning but I loved that she did by the end. Oliver had so many great relationships with the girls it was hard to pick just one, but each time he had to say goodbye to one, the way you wrote it always made it easy to accept. I loved Isolde ending up with Tristan (I had a similar plot line in my own story, but I promise I didn't copy you!), and I kind of hoped that it would happen from the beginning. The side characters were fantastic and somehow you managed to focus on everyone without it being overwhelming. I loved every minute of it, and I can't wait to read the sequel!
ShaelynnSophia chapter 46 . 4/19/2017
That was so amazing LC! I don't think I've stayed up until one in the morning reading something since I read the first selection book :) I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved all the characters, but my favourites were Elijah and Everly. I was rooting for them the whole story and it made my day when they got together! My favourite selected was Patricia because she was constantly a surprise to me. I counted her out at the beginning but she and Oliver turned out great together. Yes she wasn't "the one" but in another world they could've been happy together. Thank you so much for writing this incredible story :)

Shaelynn
Zheeba89 chapter 46 . 2/21/2017
Yay! I always love happy endings!
Overall a great chapter, though I wonder what will happen with Russia and Nikolai...
A little late review, but I will start reading the sequel at once!
Your writing is really good, and you have a really well thought through plot if you get what I try to explain...
Looking forward to the next story!
bold better chapter 46 . 2/17/2017
OMG. I can't even start to explain my emotions. My ship came to reality! I have been rooting for them forever! Thanks for the awesome story!

P.S Can you maybe make one-shots on them every now and then?
goldhue chapter 46 . 2/12/2017
MY EMOTIONSSSSS -insert you know which gif-

Okay I've already done the emotions in the last review so I'll get down to business.

I like how you started this chapter kind of in the same way the first ever chapter started. It was a nice throwback. I love Kile so much and I'm glad Eadlyn has finally turned around a bit. It's so sad that Kaitlyn didn't want to be Mae's bridesmaid, which is understandable but still sad :( Poor Maetlyn, but I'm sure their friendship can handle it. And the countdown was too sweet for words.

KILE WALKING MAE DOWN THE AISLE HE'S THE MVP OF THIS STORY OMG. Of course everyone would cry when he asked omg it's such a sweet gesture I love this man so much. The wedding was literal perfection. From the winter wonderland theme to the vows, damn you're playing with my emotions girl.

AND THEN THE LITTLE MAEVER FAM. They're such an adorable little family and Lea and Nolan already sound so precious. Mae closing her eyes when Oliver tosses the children in the air sounds about right. I cracked up and aww'ed at little Nolan growing concerned when his hands began pruning omg that's soooo precious. And then you had to end it so emotionally as well and mention the Dirty Dancing dance move again and give me emotions.

MY BODY IS READY FOR THE SEQUELLLLLL.
rysarium chapter 46 . 2/12/2017
you have no idea how much i'm dreading yet excited for this sequel! oh my god, Nikolai, please, no! everything was going wonderfully :(

I really hope Alaric's wife doesn't die :(

anyways, now to work on my character! .