Reviews for In Defense of Walking Weapons
Jenng612 chapter 1 . 8h
This is awesome!
huskielover94 chapter 1 . 9/2
I disagree. I think that while it was overkill, Tony acted like any one else would in his position when he attacked Barnes and while it may not have been Barnes mind that attacked it was still his body and that is not something someone can get over easily so I think he has the right to feel angry at Barnes for a while though I think after he thought about he would realize Hydra was to blame though I do think he would never want to be pals or even acquaintances with Bucky after that. I also disagree with the whole it wasn't bucky thing, yes he was controlled button it was still his body, he still did that act. I feel the same way about Clint. They are allowed to feel guilty. I also do not think that he can give up the avengers
by7the7sea chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
Very good.

Thank you for posting.
Cotton Blossom Diva chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Everything I've thought since the movie! You Nailed it! So frustrated that Tony didn't get that.
Arwyn T chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
Oh yes! Spot on! Natasha putting Tony in his place with the unique way that only she can. Unlike you, I am furious with Tony, bashed him like hell in my tumblr, and dislike the hell of him from now on. At least this story of yours redeems him a bit and helps me calm down a notch. That line "you don't get to judge... you have never known the helplessness... " is pure gold! Congrats and thanks for the therapeutic read!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
wow. but please please stop swearing! it ruins the stories
Spidershadow5 chapter 1 . 7/2/2016
I feel like the whole Bucky needs to be punished thing is from his point of view. Bucky remembers a lot the atrocities he committed, and as we saw, he doesn't think he should be worth this much to Steve.
I know you said you didn't want to bash Tony, but sometimes I think he needs it. Bucky did a terrible thing, but not out of his own free will. Not to mention Tony recruited a teenager to fight rogue Avengers and basically imprisoned Wanda, probably because he partially blames her for Age of Ultron. Steve isn't completely blameless in this conflict, but still.
Overall, pretty good.
Waffle Maker Studios chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
Ahhhh this was so good. I love your writing style, and this hit right in the feels. Thank you!
IP chapter 1 . 6/13/2016
So first of all I've been steamed about that ridiculously ignorant comment by the writers for a month. It makes me so angry. But I loved your story. I was so worried for months about CW, its not a storyline I wanted to dive into because I'm really Team Why Can't We Be Friends, but ultimately I will fight to the death for Team Cap and for goodness sake protect Bucky Barnes and I feel like all I see is people siding with Tony and saying how selfish Steve was and how Bucky is a villain, so finding your story was like a breath of fresh air, and it was so wonderfully written so that was a huge bonus. I understand Steve's selfishness. He's been so selfless for so long, I don't blame him for grabbing on to the one thing he has left. I'm glad that your story helped show Tony that if he were honest with himself, he would do the same thing. I loved the way you wrote Natasha. It really broke my heart to hear her talk about he experiences being controlled, being forced to do unspeakable things and having just a moment of clarity, seeing what you did, the horror you created. Wow, chilling. I really enjoyed this story so much. I enjoy all of your stories and I hope you write more soon
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2016
It seems too anti-Stark tbh.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 5/29/2016
Yeah, she's making an excellent distinction there, and Hawkeye was the one I was thinking of when Tony started his diatribe. He wasn't in control, and neither was Bucky. Blaming them for something they had no control over is completely unfair.

(Personally, I'm Team Cap all the way. Being at the beck and call of governments is far too high a risk.)
Calenture chapter 1 . 5/22/2016
I'm fucking crying all over my goose down pillows. Thanks.
Honor Reid chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
I agree with you about that interview the fact they think Bucky needs to be punished is weird it's like they don't understand their own movie.

This was great. I wish the movie had made time for deep conversation like this.

Thanks!
cocopops1995 chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Ugh no all the feels in that my movie gosh...
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
Bless you. You have, through Nat's eloquence, given voice to all the many random emotions and stray bits of scattered logic that have been ricocheting through my brain since watching CACW, and you addressed Tony's side of the issue with sympathy and plausibility. Really well done.