Reviews for Cupid's Mistake
go cupid
Lily MJ Fae chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
I'm not a huge dramione shipper but YAY FOR NO ROMIONE!
Anyway, this was interesting. I liked the way Draco fought it at first.
Though why on earth were Ron and Harry surprised that she's constantly going to the library? Don't they know her well enough yet?
Enjoyable story :)
TheRottenJas chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
Can I just say that I was so happy when I learned the first time that you wrote a Dramione and that I'm still happy reading this again? I absolutely love it! The fact that it was Cupid's P.O.V made it much cuter! You got their characterizations spot on! I loved how you wrote Draco. Lol, Draco Denial is not just a river in Egypt. XD Well done! :D
PenDiva1 chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
I enjoyed this concept and seeing this play out through Cupid's eyes. The build up was great. My favorite line was when Cupid said he was shrouded and intrigued, because that basically described me for this whole story.
I loved the fluid writing style and your characterization was spot on :-) good job.
Mycroft-mione chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
It was so cool how the Dramione love was a series of stages. It made sense - the arrow was a mistake, so it took awhile to fade away, so the feelings came slowly. That made the eventual realization more realistic, and more satisfying, for sure.

Also, Cupid was so cute. I imagine him as this little guy the height of a garden gnome, running around with a quiver and a perpetually worried face. This fic started out as a sort of farce, but ended with a serious relationship and a "job well done" feeling for Cupid. I really enjoyed.
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
I really loved the slow-build in this. I think it worked really well for the pairing – it would have been a little unbelievable, even with Cupid’s intervention. I also really liked the idea that they only wound up together by mistake, but that it worked out better than Cupid had thought it would.

I thought this was really well written; I only saw a couple mistakes with punctuation, and I loved your characterisations here. And I really loved how worried Draco was at the end where Hermione got hurt.
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
This was really cute. I believe that cupid did the right thing, hitting somebody that wasn't Ron with that arrow. I like that you haven't had the pair fall in love so quickly and easily - instead they start off confused, lust, caring and moving into love.

I like how you've portrayed Draco here because he's very in character (so is Hermione, but Draco even more so). He fights against it, pretending that he doesn't care. He's jealous even though he pretends that they are nothing serious.

I didn't notice any spelling mistakes and the flow is excellent! :D :D
A Sirius Crush On Moony chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
Ahhh I love the inclusion of Cupid in this story! The idea of an arrow hitting the wrong person is just genius, and it's interesting that it was Hermione and Draco, because initially they do seem wrong for each other. But you changed my mind as they changed Cupid's mind.

The initial feelings they had when the arrow hit was shown really well, and then the beginnings of their relationship was adorable. I just knew when Draco said he wouldn't be falling in love that that was exactly what he'd be doing XD It was as though he was trying to convince himself more than he was trying to convince Hermione.

I loved the ending when he finally admitted how he felt. She just knew, and you wrote it so well. I loved it. I kinda feel sorry for Ron though haha, I mean he was supposed to be hit by the arrow but he's just left with nobody (unless it was him that Lavender was talking about?). But the Draco/Hermione elements were just so sweet and adorable. Nice story!
octocelot chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Since I beta-read this, I don't think I'm entirely unbiased... but it's been enough of a while since I last looked at this that I have fresh eyes.

There was a section in the middle of the fic that I liked best. It's the part where Draco says, "I told you to be more careful," and "no one can know." The alternation between dialogue and description is very crisp.

All in all, I liked reading this for the plot and the concept (Cupid missing must be a rare occasion), even though I am not much of a fan of Dramione.
Malhearst chapter 1 . 6/22/2016
Well, I was just so entranced up until now that I completely forgot to start my review of this. So far, so good: your concept is interesting, Cupid's part is short and to the point, which I really like. I can't say I like your Draco as a person, but I like him as a character, and I think you interpretation stays true to a lot of the things we see in the books.

(Honestly, I think Draco is one of the most difficult characters to write; he's such a complex character, and it's difficult not to romanticise him, so hats off.)

The reason I started now is that you write that Hermione interrupted Ron, but Ron wasn't speaking. I get what you're trying to say, but maybe just add ', who was trying to explain a Wizard Chess move to Harry' or something of the sort. That way, it flows better.

You know, I really enjoyed this. Your dialogue flows well and is interesting, and I think you really managed to capture some of the things that make Dramione interesting to so many people: possessive, but tender Draco and struggling Hermione always make for a great combo to Dramione shippers, I think. I'm sure you've had lots of reviews telling you so.

I'm not a particularly avid Dramione shipper, mostly because I think they're out of character together and need outside interference to make sense (which you obviously had), but I did thoroughly enjoy this fic. I thought your scenes made sense, although I wondered about small things, like why Harry and Ron would worry over Hermione going to the library, seeing as that is her favourite haunt in the books too.

All in all, though, I thought your language and your flow was good, strong, logical, and I just couldn't tear my eyes away, as I probably explained above.

Mal
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 6/13/2016
love it, shame it's only a one shot
Love the Brightest Star chapter 1 . 6/10/2016
That was a sweet one. Most of the Dramione stories I read are generalky just there, and offer no explanation to why Hermione and Draco are together. So I really like how you attempted to explain it all as Cupid's mistake. It was really adorable how poor Cupid gets all confused as to how these two get along! Draco and Hermione's relationship was also well written, with the confusion about the sudden desire providing adequate support to Cupid's mistake. The story has got the perfect title, I mean, honestly, what else it could be?
The only thing that I felt was out of place was that you kept calling Draco a man. Now, if this is set in their fifth year, boy would have been a more appropriate word for him, or young man, maybe.
Anyway, that was wonderfully written. Great job.
madrvbbit chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
This is so bloody adorable! Oh god, those last lines by Draco just made my heart flutter. Thank you for sharing this with us! Story favorited. 3
LovingPillow chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
Ahaha, I love this. "You can't die," "Why?" "Because I've fallen in love with you," will be my favourite three lines xD
orangemavis chapter 1 . 5/19/2016