Reviews for If Two Lie Together
Chelsietx chapter 1 . 4/5
This was so tender and heartwarming! Thank you.
2nd time reading. Still as good as the 1st!
Anna chapter 1 . 1/18
Very nice. Thanks for staying in character. Tender. Dignity preserved.
Pixie-jd chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
“All that I want in this life is to love you well.”

That is perfection! Just so lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2017
What a beautiful fic! You write the both of them so well. Thanks for sharing your work.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
Oh, this is just beautifully written! Just a small domestic scene, but laden with such meaning. The characterization of both of them rings absolutely true. Nice job with the language, and the research too, of course. Great connection to your family history! And I was so happy to see Ecclesiastes make an appearance. I thought the title was a Biblical reference, and you did a great job of incorporating the passage. The comfort was so appropriate, and it felt natural for Elsie to find and give comfort that way.

Wow, I had been erroneously assuming that the KJV was still the version primarily in use by the Anglicans at the time, and I mostly put excerpts from that into Trust and Providence. I'll have to go do some better research on Bible versions commonly in use in that era and locale! Thanks for drawing my attention to this. :)

Lovely story, thank you for sharing it!
LordGranthamsGirl chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Aww. I love this beautiful story. It's extremely well written with interesting facts! Well done!
stokersisters chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Feeeeeeels.
*sobs*
"I will always be there to lift you up, my darling man" You do know that you killed me with this, don't you?
I looooove this, it's incredibly well written and it made me cry in honest.
It's great how you include Solomon and the bomb quote ... wonderful.
You are so very talented.
Love
Stoki
Hogwarts Duo chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
This was a beautiful story and told so very well. I loved seeing Elsie taking care of Charles and reassuring him that she loved him and wasn't going anywhere.
Reading Teacher chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Oh so lovely! You capture the sweet devotion that these two have for each other so well! I'm really reading teacher 88 and to lazy to sign in properly right now.
GeordieLass chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Very moving. And I love the way Elsie reassures him x
ChelsieGirl chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Beautiful story! I love the verses Elsie read, that would be something Charles could believe in. Very well written!
ozzlover chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Omg it's so amazing! I love it!
imnotokaywiththerunning chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
This is very very good. Charles's fluster that he's made a mess and broken one of Elsie's things, Elsie's calm acceptance and then her reassurance of her love for Charles is all so beautifully written. Well done! Thanks for sharing! Amazing
NEGirl chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Wow. That was really beautiful.