Reviews for The Colours of the World
Scenda chapter 1 . 5/14
English isn't your first language? I'm actually shocked, judging by the impeccable prose you've delivered.
hobbes319 chapter 18 . 5/6
i find it out of character that Amelia Bones would have someone immediately arrested on hearsay...
Linn chapter 23 . 5/5
Yo, are you dead? Do you have Corona? This is one of my favorite fanfics EVER and I think I have reread it like 3 times, just waiting for part 24. I really hope you're gonna update soon...
I started reading this story last night, got hooked and finished it this morning. Absolutely LOVE how you incorporated Roy into the story! Everytime is get to the end of a chapter I’d say to myself “ok, now go do some work” but nope I just kept reading- it was too good to put down. I hope we’ll get to see another chapter sometime in the future, however it’s completely understandable if you no longer are able to update, especially given current events. All the best wishes to you and your family :)
Wow! I was scrolling through the very limited number of fics under this topic and didn’t really find anything that caught my attention- until I read this. This is such a great fic, actually one of the best I’ve ever read, I love how you develop the characters, the plot and intertwine both stories so seamlessly. I know it’s been over a year since you last updated, but I’d love to read more of this story (a girl can still wish lol). I hope you recovered from Covid well! once again, I absolutely love your writing. Best wishes for the job you were looking into :)
lara.niric chapter 23 . 4/11
Now this is a crossover story. The way you fit Roy into the HP world is just perfect, I love his classes, his interactions with the other characters and how he was able to surprize/amaze/shock them with the power of his flame alchemy. I can't wait to read more of this in the future and am wondering what other kinds if magic he will learn.
Bullshit chapter 22 . 3/29
It's stupid that he didn't see nor react to dumbledore's movement of taking the ring especially because he's vigilant to all dangers at the time. Dumbledore needed time to see and react then decide on what he want to do with the resurrection stone.

Time somehow Roy wasted staring at the stone.

That's extremely retarded of him to stare at something for more than 5 seconds plus the unconcious act of dumbledore reaching out for the stone.

Cause let's face it, if you unconciously want to touch something, you do it slow. Why? because that requires a concious thought.

If he had that kind of clarity to speed up his movement, he would have had the clarity to remove the curse first.

The reason dumbledore got cursed in the first place was because he was alone but now you tell me that roy didn't react at all when he saw dumbledore reaching out to the ominous ring?

The guy vigilant to all danger because there could be a trap especially on the ring?
Roy fits in well in this story and I love how things have changed with his presence. Looking forward to your next update!
Awaiting next chapter. It’s one of few fanfics that makes my crazy awaiting for next update. The plot is so so good and dynamic between Roy and others are very realistic. It’s also nice that Roy is a Alchemy teacher and not Ed- nice presentation of his reaching methods and standards for his class.
Update
LokiTheSkywalker chapter 1 . 2/5
I am reading this for like the 10th time because its just that good!
Storz chapter 23 . 1/31
Caught up now. A well told story. I hope you will continue it. Loved the battle in the Department of Mysteries. Effective because it took them by surprise. Will they think of a flame freezing charm next time? Would it be effective against his flames, I wonder? And I loved the mixed reactions of the wizards to discovering how truly powerful Roy is. Still, I can hear the conversation the night Roy, Tonks and Sirius got drunk.

Tonks looked at her glass, afraid to meet Roy in the eyes as she asked, “Were you... were the the most powerful alchemist where you come from?”

Roy thought carefully before answering. “No. That distinction belonged to a 16 year old hotheaded runt named Edward Elric. But if you ever tell him I said so, I’ll deny it.”

“Belonged?” Sirius caught the past tense.

“He traded his power for his brother’s life.”

Silence followed, broken after a great while when Sirius said quietly, “I’m not sure I would like a world that could make you do the things you have done, but I think I would like the people in it.”
Storz chapter 12 . 1/30
That was a totally epic inspection! I read the transmutation three times picturing all the details of the elegant (I’m going with Art Nouveau) classroom. And it wouldn’t be a few people sneaking in to take a peek; it would be half the school. I can hear it now: “Merlin’s undershorts! He did THAT with ONE ARRAY?” “I am SO taking alchemy next year.” Even McGonagall would be impressed.
Storz chapter 7 . 1/30
I keep telling myself that when I get to the end of the chapter, I’ll go start my stuff for the day, but then get to the end, and start the next chapter anyway. Darn you.

That said: Good for you getting Sirius out of that house. And where most ffs try putting Ed in as Alchemy teacher, I’m looking forward to Roy’s classes much more. Although a part of me hopes that Ed and Al might get brought over as “students” putting them under Professor Mustang’s authority once again, with all the chaffing and taunting that would naturally ensue. On the other hand, that might alter the tone of the story too much. So either way you go, I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.
Storz chapter 2 . 1/30
I often debate the point of commenting on chapter written long ago, but decided that I am always delighted to receive comments, so others are probably similarly pleased. At any rate, I did look it up on Pottermore (now Wizarding World). I like your choice of wands for Roy.
1,147 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »