Reviews for The Colours of the World
Kad chapter 23 . 11/3/2020
I read all of this today in one sitting, great fic for insomnia time. I hope you continue it soon!
NB132 chapter 23 . 10/29/2020
Thank you god, I always hated the approach Dumbledore used to get the memory and fanfiction authors tend to just have someone steal it or torture it out of slughorn(Like that doesn't make them the bad guy?), I always did think it can't have been that hard to guilt it out if him. That aside this story is wonderful, and I truly hope you write more someday.
1883algu chapter 23 . 10/28/2020
Wow! This has to be one of my favorite docs so far, the character dynamics are spot on! Can’t wait to see Roy interact more with the trio and the defense club, keep up with the good work!
PenguinKiwi chapter 23 . 10/27/2020
Yes. Just. Yes. I’ve read through the entire fic in a day and I’m loving it so far. Ngl, I thrive for the fics that aren’t “Ed gets dropped somewhere” and seeing Mustang instead? I love it. You write mustang so well!
Las piedras chapter 23 . 10/20/2020
I like.
ShinyKyu chapter 23 . 10/13/2020
Holy fuck. This story is just so well-written that it puts most FMA crossover fics to shame (I have a hard time believing that English is not your first language, because it’s THAT good). I love that instead of the typical Ed-travels-to-another-world fic, it’s Roy, and I think it just WORKS better than any Ed-centered HP crossover could. After all, Ed hardly knows the meaning of subtle and would suck at anything that requires diplomacy or good acting. And Ed’s auto-mail limbs (whether it be both or just his leg) probably wouldn’t even function in the magical environment of Hogwarts. This isn’t even getting into how the hell he’d get in as a student without extreme help from Dumbledore beforehand.

The story doesn’t start off with Roy just coincidentally plopping into Hogwarts or stumbling into a staff member or student. He takes his TIME to adjust and learn more about the world he’s been oh-so-kindly dropped into, and his mission, before actually getting the ball rolling. And when the ball starts rolling, things are appropriately changing from canon— it’s not COMPLETELY derailed (yet), but the changes are building up and starting to snowball as we get closer to the end.

Roy is a badass that realistically outclasses nearly anyone and everyone in the HP world, bar possibly Voldemort, though only because it’s literally impossible to kill him without destroying the horcruxes first, unlike the Homunculi, who could at least be defeated after killing them enough times to deplete their Philosopher’s Stones.

I love the contrast and conflict between Roy and the rest of the Order, including Dumbledore. Compared to Roy’s rather jaded experience with... unpleasant things, the entirety of the Order is rather naive and idealistic, even in the midst of war.

On some unrelated topics, I half-expected Roy to tell his students that he was actually being kinder than certain other alchemy teachers (ahem, Izumi). Also would be funny if his students (or the Order) ever saw his interactions with Ed. They’d probably be shocked that a 16-year old boy has the ability to argue with, make fun of, and threaten him (via Hawkeye) and escape with just passive-aggressiveness and snark (and the fact that Roy probably trusts Ed with his life more than literally anyone else in the HP world).

Anyways, AMAZING job, and I hope you didn’t have COVID or have already recovered from it (also hope the next chapter comes soon but health and safety comes first).
Guest chapter 23 . 10/6/2020
In the past few days, I've read tons of FMA/HP crossovers. This is the best one, hands down. The story makes sense, everything is well-researched, and nobody is OOC. I binge-read the entire thing in a day. I'm beyond excited for where this goes in the future!
Guest chapter 15 . 10/6/2020
May I just say that I completely agree with your assessment of how the FMA characters would be Sorted.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2020
So far, this is just genuinely... fun. It's refreshing and extremely enjoyable.
"In retrospect, Roy was an idiot."
Ghost119 chapter 23 . 10/5/2020
Love the story, I do like how you’ve woven in mustangs presence into the wizarding world without destabilising the Canon narrative, and also not led Roy into becoming a feud ex machine for everything . I’m surprised that during the umbridge arc there wasn’t a mention of how there were no records of his existence I. The last years, seems like a good way to set up a threat to his presence in Hogwarts, but anyhow thanks for the story, hopefully it’s not abandoned
DogEared-ButNotTheBook chapter 23 . 10/3/2020
This story is honestly so wonderful. It’s such an interesting take on what would happen if, rather than Edward, Roy ended up in the Harry Potter universe. It makes sense how he gets there, even. I’ll be honest, I was sold from the first few chapters. The natural feeling character interactions, necessary added character development and depth, and simultaneous In-character-ness that you weave into this story is fantastic. (I never knew I needed a Roy and Sirius friendship until this fiction.) Additionally, I love how you’ve incorporated that the Flame Alchemist is still one of the most powerful players in the game. I feel like that’s being realistic, honestly. Curious how that’s gonna be explored later now that it’s out in the open. Thank you for writing this, truly, and is there any chance that you plan to continue this? I understand completely if you can’t or choose not to, but it’s just such a great story!
Krysvun chapter 23 . 9/28/2020
Nice
X chapter 7 . 8/29/2020
Everything's getting disastrous but that last interaction between Sirius and Roy had my heart melting in puddles. Wonderful chapter.
X chapter 3 . 8/29/2020
Came here through a friend's recommendation and I'm LOVING IT! FMA and Harry Potter are my two top fandoms and the way you integrate these worlds is so flawless, it's amazing - keep it up!
Blomquist chapter 23 . 8/29/2020
Prediction time!

I have my crystal ball and everything.

I think the war is going to end before 7th year starts.
Voldemort finds out about the horcruxes there will still be a battle of Hogwarts but a year earlier.
Dumbledore is no really ill and the Death Eaters sense victory.
But he gives control over the battle to The Colonelin those words.

And I was thinking of ways to make the battle more epic and stuff and thought of "Modefied Boggarts", The Death Eaters have the giants or something throw them in containers over the wall and there they become the most worst and most powerful thing they possibly can "The Sins" and maybe Kimbley and Mustang themself but specifically the ones from Ischtar (armed with a philosophers stone in the worst case scenario)

The crystal ball has run out of mist, bye!
1,152 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »