Reviews for Debutante
BTB chapter 1 . 6/2
To be honest many Japanese have a firm grasp of English, though in the manga, it looked like they were only beginning to learn it at Furinken in their Junior year.

Skip the political references, or attach them to personal opions of a clearly identified character. You'll lose readers.

In my extensive experience, Washington is uglier than you can believe. The entrenched political factions, regardless of 'D' or 'R' after there name buy and sell humanity like convenient tissues. Bruce and Olli move in those circles, and are courted by these slimes.

And this is the rub. Those rumors? These are also attempts at political leveraging. Partly it's to warn off potential troublemakers (ie Bruce or Ollie) from going into politics. It would get more serious if any of them, or their wards ever tried to enter that field. This is mostly glossed over in the DC and Marvel comics - again because in real life, attracting Washington's attention to your business, unless you're promoting the 'popular' view, is a business killer - either through the IRS, or through laws and regulations that start being applied to you.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/1
Cool. Well written
BTB chapter 1 . 1/23
I've been to parties of this sort, and i've found the majority of the snobs are found among liberal blue bloods recounting their possessions, lineage, or patronage of the latest new age idiocy. Though I admit Oliver would be ready to jump down anyone's throat under the listed circumstances, being an ardent communist (which is funny, for a businessman) it's their elitism that sets his teeth on edge.

Bill O'Reilly can be obnoxious, but its usually for the same reasons, Oliver would get obnoxious.
Flameraven chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
Is it bad that the most entertaining thing about this chapter is the idea of Olli being forced to be near Bill O'Reilly?

Now I'm a conservative myself and, despite liking Kyle much more, lean more towards Hal then Olli in most cases but DAMN do I think that blowhard needs a good smack down!

As a man who is going to vote for Hillary, and then be violently ill, because everything Olli said about Trump is true; I thank you.

Akane would also know English because Japan, as it is often a requited language, though J'onn's help could allow her to pass as a native speaker.

Roy and Donna giving Ranma and Akane the 'slap to the back of the head' that they so needed in canon!

Huh, Donna is adopted... witch of her, many (MANY!), backstories is that? The one I'm most familiar with is that she is Diana's reflection enchanted to be a playmate that was stolen by the Titans one, but she is one of the more... complicated people to have.

I so want to see the Dinah/Akane spar! And her meeting Wonder Woman of course.

Amazon glomp? Herm... are the Chines tribe part of the Bana-Mighdall?
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 5/19/2016
Sooooo excited! I love these Akane-in-Gotham stories so much, and can't wait to read what happens next! It's funny that they're both so clueless, but then again, it's not like they weren't in canon either. Hope they finally snap out of their denial and get together already! I'm enjoying all these cameos too, even though I don't know who these people are - I feel like I'm getting a crash-course in comics, with google becoming my new best friend!

Thanks for the heads-up about PurseMonger's contribution too! Can't wait to read her take on this universe as well! :)
Mingyu chapter 1 . 5/19/2016
This part of the story seems like it will be fun! It's off to a great start so far. Ranma and Roy's little game was hilarious, and I look forward to Akane's first night out in costume. Definitely going to check out Pursemonger's story as well. Thanks for the chapter!
Richard Ryley chapter 1 . 5/18/2016
I loved the fact that Ranma and Akane both had to be bludgeoned upside the head with the truth - which is blindingly obvious to everyone but themselves. At least in this story they don't have anyone forcing them to get together, which should help them actually consider the possibility and talk about it. I think Akane would agree she wouldn't want things to get weird too, which means they aren't going to go rushing into anything. Of course, if they had kept going along as they were, they might have would up in a situation and lost control of themselves before they realized what was happening.

Since they're openly dating by "The Talk", presumably they do come to an understanding. It'll be interesting to see how that comes about.
BiGDeal chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Thanks for your note at the end. I was starting to worry that I was getting senile and blurring stories and authors. It's going to be interesting to have two stories running in parallel. So first patrol is going to be soon. I wonder if the usual argument will fire off or they'll be all nervous in trying to ignore the elephant in the corner of the roomdate".
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Cannot wait for the main story to continue soon! Loved this and the realizations for both:-)