Reviews for Harry Potter and the Game
Uncertain Shifter chapter 45 . 7/16/2023
This has been an amazing adventure, and I hope to see it continue in the future!
AdamKadamon chapter 39 . 7/8/2023
The second book is a rollercoaster. Not just of emotions, but also likes and dislikes. Since the body of work is unfinished, and clearly has a charted course for its future events, I will simply say that despite feeling aggravated about how things were essentially going from bad to worse throughout story-wise, I enjoyed seeing the deeper story being carefully painted, clearly divorced from canon on both sides. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey with great character interactions and growth. I look forward to a possible future where the full body of work is completed, and all the plot-points and secrets are laid bare. If I have forgotten to mention it anywhere else, I say it here: Thanks for envisioning this story and putting it into prose.
AdamKadamon chapter 34 . 7/8/2023
I respect that a story is being told, and certain things need to occur to advance certain plot points, but Harry's smart-then-dumb/emotionally-compromised seesawing mentality DESPITE having gamer's mind, a "skill" that can't seem to decide if it's an active or passive ability, breaks credulity over a lot of things, most notably his character. Heck, I keep forgetting he's supposed to be 12. Granted, gamers are... advanced. With all that being said, I'm reacting like this because this story has me invested in its telling.
AdamKadamon chapter 31 . 7/8/2023
Huh. I thought his healing had a touch component required for it to be used. I'm aware it's not mentioned in the description, but it is implied from all the previous uses.
AdamKadamon chapter 30 . 7/8/2023
I've thought about it before, but this use of the fidelius seems weird. It being mobile is fine. It's the matter of what secret is actually being kept. The fact that the Flamels can write the name down, but it is unreadable is weird if the secret is the identity of the chamber creature.
AdamKadamon chapter 26 . 7/8/2023
Huh. Shouldn't the Turpin girl possessed by Tom be 2nd year by now at least?
AdamKadamon chapter 25 . 7/8/2023
It's a bit strange that neither Harry nor the system are acknowledging his bouts of demented rage, or doing anything about it.
AdamKadamon chapter 24 . 7/8/2023
I'm a bit disappointed about his air control. Him being a gamer and having mentioned once that his air control sucks, AND knowing the benefit to better air control should have lead to the problem being worked on, not ignored and brought up in every situation where flight abilities would be great. As it is, it has been mentioned several times already, multiple times in book one, and now again in book two.
AdamKadamon chapter 18 . 7/7/2023
Intriguing choice for the Flamels to be an active part of the story. Hopefully, Sirius isn't completely out of the picture.
AdamKadamon chapter 17 . 7/7/2023
Huh. So the game and the overlord/granter-of-gamer-status exist in this fic as well. Interesting. The chapter had me anxious throughout, which is intended, I imagine. Certainly can't wait for the next chapter.
AdamKadamon chapter 14 . 7/7/2023
I was worried about the source of the gamer system, but your A/N mollified that concern somewhat. Obviously, there's SOMETHING to be concerned about there, however. I was surprised about Quirell intercepting the owl post, but I can see it happening, and neatly ties Harry down for continued active participation in the stone caper. Oh, and I love how Ron's chess genius becomes a gamer's whetstone for stats.
AdamKadamon chapter 13 . 7/7/2023
It was a nice touch having Ron come out as a hero and reestablishing friendships with the "golden trio" other ravenclaws. I love how the characters stay true to their canon self despite the changes.
AdamKadamon chapter 12 . 7/7/2023
Agreed on the skit with Terry; most of the powerful!Harry fics lead to him being somewhat anti-social, so it being highlighted in a friendly manner was nice. Heck, the overall implementation of the gamer system in this fic is nice. It's leading to an intelligent Harry, mentally and emotionally. A bit refreshing for me, since most of the gamer fics I'm seeing are all about the road to harem (which, to be fair, accurately represents the source). I'm finding it only strange with regards to the bouts of uncontrollable rage. Readers can guess at the source of it, but with any other system, it should have been revealed as a debuff or curse already. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but it'll feel forced to me until I encounter the chapter where it's explained, I guess.
AdamKadamon chapter 11 . 7/7/2023
Short of certain slash and/or Slytherin!harry fics, seeing a friendly/ally Draco AND Snape is rare and refreshing. Harry being adaptive to the pure blood methodologies without being focused on it is so very nice to see.
AdamKadamon chapter 8 . 7/7/2023
I wondered if this was going to be a fic with Harry not having a familiar. I'm glad to see Her Owliness reborn in a more interesting (and coincidentally immortal, I'm sure) form.
7,872 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »