Reviews for Text and Subtext
mobazan27 chapter 3 . 5/27/2016
I know for sure what her secret is, I'm that brilliant. Yup. I know it ( I have no fucking clue but clearly I'm an attention whore!).
I always love Jim as Castle's wing-man. Papa knows what's good for what ails me...errrr... I mean Beckett.
But seriously, lets back up a little bit... He's not wearing a shirt and sweeping!... My ovaries are now on fire :))
She may not have full recollection of her texts but she doesn't sound too shocked to see him there... So help me, Virgen de Guadalupe, if he takes off his pants and starts doing her laundry... bone melting orgasm!
Eslssl chapter 2 . 5/27/2016
BEST TEXTING EVER! Hahahahahaha
Liv Wilder chapter 3 . 5/27/2016
Oh, God. Hilarity! I love the last para - him with no shirt and her in her panties and t-shirt. What a picture. Wonder if he'll use the info about her pigtails and the Wonder Woman lunchbox?

My favorite lines were:
That's not strictly true. He completely respects her, but there are many, many, many other things he has for her, some of which involve visions of both of them in the altogether, as the doorman so quaintly put it.
And:
"But if I see that stop anywhere but eight your life won't be worth what I paid for this paper."

The doorman was a one-off. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing.
Roadrunnerz chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Are we sure this doorman is not a bouncer at a nightclub?

-"...so she asked me to come up there, make her coffee and keep her company. Her exact words." Some of them. - :)

-Jim is leveling him with a look that's suspiciously familiar, even though his eyes are not hazel and he doesn't have eyelashes that make Castle weak at the knees. "Right." - I love their interaction here as much as I love it when Beckett and Martha interact. I also love the Jim Beckett is always on Team Castle, because Dads JUST KNOW! (now if only Beckett would start letting herself acknowledge how good (I wrote goof at first. kind of fitting too. lol) he is for her).

Now go to her Castle! Even if she is cranky, barely-mobile, defensive and under-caffeinated (which will be so much fun to read. lol)
theputz913 chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Love Kate's outfit! If her texts embarrass her in the light of day I can't wait to see how she reacts to him seeing her less than fully dressed...if she can get past ogling Rick's naked upper body that is.
Eslssl chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
Medicated texting drunk dialing?
Looks like it, and how the fun begins...
(btw, this is another clever & funny premise for a story, thanks)
lkwill39 chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Great chapter! Enjoyed it.
mmw74 chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
What a fun story, thanks for writing!
southerngirl1 chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Pure adoration for this story...has she forgotten texting Rick? Pain mess maybe? Please hurry with update...
1822andallthat chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
The doorman. Omg the doorman. I want to meet him. Hire him. He'll keep the boys from my daughter.
jennkyle chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Another great one the next chapter should be very interesting great job once again tell next time
DX2012 chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
The scene with Jim's doorman was hilarious.
Judging from Beckett's question, she doesn't remember texting Castle.
FebWriter chapter 3 . 5/26/2016
Juan Valdez with a sports car-I LOVE THAT!

I also LOVE that Jim is obviously on to what's REALLY there between Kate and Rick. The man is no fool.

The image of 6-year-old Kate arguing with Johanna over having a Wonder Woman lunchbox...I reacted about like Rick did. Wonder Woman's coming back now. You could always incorporate that into a future story if you ever write about Kate and Rick's kids.

Castle with no shirt, and Beckett with no pants...I get the feeling if Rick tries to make some kind of joke about that, that's only going to tick Beckett off. Jim did warn him that she's cranky. Which is probably an understatement.

I'm glad Beckett didn't ask, "Castle? What are you doing HERE?" The lack of that word "HERE" is very important. For a second there, I was afraid that, in her medicated state of the night before, she might not remember having texted him (although the texts are probably still in her phone), until I realized she didn't ask what he was doing "HERE." Since Kate DIDN'T ask why Rick's at the cabin, I'm thinking she remembers texting him...but probably not EVERYTHING she texted him, like about having secrets. And she may not even remember having texted him about the spilled coffee beans, since she's shocked to find him in her dad's cabin's kitchen, shirtless, sweeping up the spilled coffee beans from the night before while fresh coffee is in the grinder.

On the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next...that is, if Rick can formulate a response that won't make Kate angry since she's not wearing any pants, and if you wanted to throw in Kate's thoughts at shirtless Castle in the kitchen, I don't think anyone would object. I certainly wouldn't! ;-)

Looking forward to more!