Reviews for Burdens of the Son
sunnieKat chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
so touching ;3;
sunnieKat chapter 11 . 6/11/2016
this was just touching and sad and it makes me wanna tear up because nick is going through a lot and its just a story but its amazing how much emotions it makes me feel.
TheKitsuneKasai chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
"Thanks to everyone who stuck it out to the end. So many people stopped reading my first story after they were tricked by Chapter 1 cliffhanger"

Yes! We were! I was almost one of them! I may give you a bunch of grief in the IRC every time you get on about each new chapter but know that is because I love your work so much and you have created a fine story!
sunnieKat chapter 10 . 6/11/2016
wha!? ;x; oh poor poor nick ;x; goodness this was so dark and emotional.
and that ending ..noooo dont do that nick ;c;
Jarel Kortan chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
Nice way to wrap up the story and kept the prologue short and sweet. I read another story that the prologue kept going. It is a very interesting process yoh go through when writing. I'm toward the start of Ghosts of me and you and the story I have in mind is changing in some areas. And I think I'll be driving the feel train just as much as you did. well anyway great story I really enjoyed it
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
Again loved this story and I'm glad I stuck it out for both of them, otherwise I'd have missed some excellent storytelling!
Cimar of Turalis WildeHopps chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
This was a beautiful ending to this story, and now I'm sad to see that it has been completed as I enjoyed it so much. Overall, the story was excellent. The plot gathered the reader in, then pushed them directly into the plot head first. It was an exciting ride with plenty of cliffhangers, twists and turns, and lots of fun.

I loved how it was a continuation of the previous story you published, and this one was written even better than the last one. The last section here was beautiful to read, with Judy and Nick's thoughts 15 years after the event. It was cool to see the after-affects and how they only grew stronger. Very well done.

As much as I'm sad to see this story finished, I'm glad that I was able to read it. You're a wonderful writer, and if you have another story idea, hopefully I can see an alert to a new story from you soon. :)
Berserker88 chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
Aww, what a sweet ending. I love the idea of them publishing books about this. I totally want to read them now. XD
Penball chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
Amazingly done. 100/10.
Zeeeemark chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
This was a beautiful story. Both parts were a pleasure to read! For purely selfish reasons I wish you hadn't have time skipped like you did, cause I would have read 300k words to get there in real time if it was in your writing style! I sincerely hope you consider adding in additional stories between the time-skip or even after it, since your characterization of older nick and judy is literally painfully adorable. This story represents what I would desire out of the actual zootopia sequel. I would want nick and judy to not come together immediately, her have something (like pregnancy and an accident) happen, we learn more about nick's past then a curveball emotional trauma, a big overall narrative about interspecies relationships with an antagonistic group... yup. literally what i want to see in theaters. THANK YOU for presenting a story that really makes sense, flows with the characters, and is so poignantly perfect, emotionally.

ANYWAYS, dear author, I cant wait to hear about your next project, whatever it happens to be.
WyldClaw chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
That was a fabulous fabulous ending
bagnome chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
I enjoyed both stories throughout, however based of the summary of this story, I was expecting Nick's recovery to be drawn out. Though the story food come together nicely in the Duvall chapter. If it didn't though, I would have said it was rushed to an ending.

Nevertheless, you two stories, the latter more so, are among the ones I enjoyed reading most.
Baneblade chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
This was a beautiful chapter, a seriously beautiful chapter. Thank you!
Jarel Kortan chapter 11 . 6/9/2016
Yay a new chapter and Nick starting to come to his senses woth Judy's help. Also loved the part of Holly rushing in to get to Nick.
Berserker88 chapter 11 . 6/9/2016
Aww, that was both tragic and sweet. But mostly sweet. Glad things worked out semi-okay for the time being, but I have a feeling that won't last...
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »