Reviews for Propriety
North of the North chapter 37 . 4/12
Oh my gosh, wow, how do you not have more favourites? This is amazing.
*Facepalm* And I Thought Hermione Was The Smart One
Aww, Harry gets a family and a cat, the Cat gets vassals (cats are the true Dark Lords of any universe) and Snape gets a son. Yay!
AshfeatherISS chapter 37 . 12/18/2017
OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH
Little.Luna chapter 37 . 12/12/2017
Loved it. Don’t stop writing !
GeorgiespetBeatle chapter 14 . 11/7/2017
I strongly belive that the whole fanfiction was just an excuse to use that brilliant pun in chapter 14 like wow I was so impressed.
wolfish-willow chapter 37 . 9/4/2017
This story is great! I'm sure I'm right there w/ everyone else when I was on the edge of my seat over when the Courtship stuff would finally be revealed. I love all the relationships you've developed here. The romantic and family ones. They all deserve a bit of good in their lives. And I'm sure they need all the support they can get because things rarely stay calm for long in the life of Harry Potter.

Thanks for sharing!
maggie1618 chapter 37 . 8/5/2017
I loved it! I started the story long time ago, but never got to finish it. I am so glad I came back to it. Thank you for writing!
gleefan2009 chapter 37 . 7/22/2017
love it please write more
emthereble chapter 37 . 5/3/2017
Wow I loved this fanfic, the plot is amazingly good and I love how you write the characters! !
Guest chapter 37 . 4/2/2017
I apsaloutly love this story I couldn't stop reading it
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 37 . 3/29/2017
The last chapter would read more smoothly if it were in chronological order. There's a real disconnect from the penultimate chapter to the last one because of the time jump. We see everyone who is waiting in the hallway hear a yell from the hospital wing, and then suddenly it's Christmas, which is a significant time jump. At this point, I assumed that everything just wrapped up neatly and you didn't want to write that part as it can be assumed, but then you went back with a flashback. Don't do flashbacks. Just write the story in order in the first place. It would flow much better that way.

You could rearrange it to have Snape's flashback, then Draco's, then a sentence or two to transition through the time jump to Christmas. I was afraid that the Christmas scene was going to feel tacked-on and disconnected from the rest of the story, but you did a good job bringing it back around and having that scene wrap everything up. The adoption papers, the new familiar, and the step forward in Harry and Draco's physical relationship all work to wrap up the story satisfactorily.

I read the first 9 chapters or so of this story before it was finished, and it was interesting enough that I put it on my watch list. Now that it's done, I have finally gotten back to it. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Overall, this story is quite interesting. "Good Malfoy" stories are tricky to get right. Often it's unbelievable that suddenly Lucius or Draco saw the error of their ways and wants to be immediate pals with Harry & co. You've done a good job of establishing that Lucius was a spy and how that affected Draco and his public image and behavior at school. I also like the reference that Lucius made to Draco's "pigtail-pulling" as an explanation for Draco's picking on Harry in previous years.

One general comment I have about the story is that you rarely, if ever, identify who is speaking. The reader has to assume from context, and rather frequently it's totally ambiguous. Sometimes near the end of a paragraph of dialog it's finally clear who is talking, and then I have to go back and re-read that dialog with that character in mind. Just adding "Draco said," or "said Harry" here and there would greatly improve the readability of the story. Overall, the story is great, with a coherent and engaging plot, and it's a shame that the story is a bit awkward to read when it would be so easy to fix. In general, if there are more than two people in a room, label every bit of dialog with who is speaking. If there are only two people in a conversation, you can leave out the "he said" and the reader can assume that it's a back-and-forth. Even then, every few paragraphs you should say who is speaking so the reader doesn't get lost.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 36 . 3/29/2017
This was a good, quick resolution to the sucked-into-someone's-mind trope.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 35 . 3/29/2017
I like how you have resolved Harry's relationship with Draco. Harry finding out about the courtship wasn't as traumatic as I expected it to be, but it also wasn't just hand-waived away as a non-issue.

I have mixed feelings about stories that go tromping through people's minds. Often, they're rather unrealistic and too arbitrary. I'll reserve judgement about this one until it's over, though. I like the description of the different Harrys as aspects of his personality rather than separate entities, and I find it interesting that you've got only negative parts of his psyche to accompany his "core" self.
mrsMxyzptlk chapter 17 . 3/28/2017
Well, now we have an inciting incident (or hints of one, at least) for Harry's injuries.

I like the consequences you've come up with for Ginny. She doesn't get off, but she's not just thrown to the dementors for the rest of her life, either.