Reviews for Hadrian Lannister Lion of the Rock
Ned had hoped he was comforted by the colder Northern winds as he and Jeyne Poole have ridden back home to Winterfell. The loneliness of their small party was a sobering reminder of the events that have befallen them since they had left home nearly a year ago. He had gone to King's Landing with a large party of men and his only two daughters, but now he had ridden home alone except for his dead steward's surviving orphaned daughter. All of his men were dead, but his younger daughter, Arya was elsewhere at Casterly Rock being taught gods know what, whereas, his elder daughter, Sansa was being banished elsewhere to the Reach to marry a gay man who even preferred the company of other men. Ned only kept his calm through a complicated struggle as he and Jeyne came into sight of Winterfell, his heart was comforted by the somewhat grim looking castle. Despite everything that had happened, he could take comfort from the simple fact he was home. He and his companion have ridden through the open gates to see the newly promoted Archmaester Luwin standing there as he waited for him. Luwin noticed that none of his family were here but he (Luwin) soon revealed the reason for that. "My Lord, welcome home. We were not expecting you so soon and with such a depleted party." Luwin greeted Ned as he'd seen Jeyne Poole arriving with him. The reminder of how many people he had lost elsewhere in King's Landing quickly banished what warmth Ned could draw from being back home. His face remained stern as he told Luwin for his family to meet him in his solar and that Jeyne Poole was to have her own room made ready for her. A maid took the orphaned girl who remained silent for the majority of their trip home away. He was deeply worried about the orphaned girl who seemed to be withdrawing into herself. Which had taken a great deal of effort to get her to show interest in anything and he had to be quite stern in his reminders for her to eat and drink. Perhaps he had written to Bear Island and gotten Dacey Mormont or one of GreatJon Umber's daughters to come to Winterfell to try and help her if they could. He didn't know if it'd work but it was worth a try to see if they could aid Young Lady Poole in her grief rather than let her waste away. Luwin told him as they walked. "We have received ravens from both Lord Stannis and Lord Renly. They have both named themselves king and are calling for your support." "Burn those letters, Luwin. The North is having no part in this stupid southern war, we are neutral which is my only word on the matter." he (Luwin) allowed himself to raise an eyebrow in surprise at the statement but he didn't question his lord. He had known him since he was a boy and recognized that tone. Which wasn't heard often but it was the voice Ned had when he was so set on something that nothing and no-one was going to stop him. Whatever happened elsewhere in King's Landing had obviously affected his lord deeply and Luwin wisely decided not to speak. As they passed several of the previously abandoned towers, Ned noticed that Luwin's copies of the Citadel library had arrived which also counted as the Stark's copy of the library as each of the great houses was being entrusted with a copy to ensure the knowledge was protected for the future. The sheer quantity of books had quickly overwhelmed the existing library at Winterfell and they were using some of the abandoned towers to store them until they could find somewhere to permanently house them, but Ned put those thoughts aside as he entered the familiar corridors and rooms of the castle where he had been born. Coming to the solar, he hadn't set foot in for over a year, he sat in his chair and was somewhat relieved by its familiar feel and saw that one of the servants had the foresight to put a jug of fresh water there for him with a goblet. He had taken a grateful sip as he waited for the rest of his family to arrive with the exception of Rickon, the boy who was still too young for such things. Which didn't take long, Catelyn had burst into the room and she'd thrown herself into his arms when he stood up to meet her, she kissed him deeply. They were only broken from this by a lack of breath and Robb entering with Bran, the other boy who was accompanied by his betrothed, Lyanna Mormont and Ser Brynden Tully. He thought for a moment about sending the lady from Bear Island and the knight from the Riverlands out but he decided as they would undoubtedly squeeze what he was going to say out of Bran anyway and they were already or would one day be a part of his family so they should probably be a part of what he was about to tell them. Luwin excused himself and left the small group alone, Catelyn looked around for Sansa and Arya, expecting both of them to be here with him only to frown when she had seen neither of them, but Robb had spoken although he had noticed his younger sisters' absences, too. "Father, thank the Gods. I was about to call the banners when I heard you had been taken by the Lannisters. What happened down there?" he asked his father, the Northern lord who looked even grimmer than usual, told them. "Robert fatally passed on and the Queen had chosen to take power." He had spoken in as steady of a voice as he could manage. He explained Sansa's betrayal by revealing the fact that she (Sansa) told Cersei which happened afterwards. Robb, Ser Brynden, Bran and Lyanna looked shocked, hearing about her (Sansa's) betrayal, whereas, Catelyn only had grown angrier demandingly which mean she was incredibly ready to burst.
"She was tricked by a nasty bitch and you sent her away to High-garden?! She needs to be here…at home."
"She betrayed us, Cat." Ned tried to get through to his wife only what that meant. "Northern law has only two punishments for that; death or the Wall and given she is a girl the Wall is out so if she were to come home again, my vassals would demand her head not to mention the families of the men who fatally passed on. Sending her to High-garden was the only way to save her life." he (Ned) told her. Most Northern laws were from the time when the Starks had been Kings of the North and were set in stone. Punishments were harsh and unyielding just like the land around them. If he had tried to change that for the sake of his daughter, he'd be facing a full on revolt from some of the more diehard lords. Ser Brynden nodded sadly and tried to make Catelyn understand. "It is for the best, Cat. Sansa might have been tricked but she still betrayed her own family and the North as a whole. The families of the men who fatally passed on, would want vengeance for their loved ones and the lords would want her as an example. Not even a Stark is above the law. If Ned had brought her back and denied them, he'd lose their loyalty. All it'd take is one of the rival claimants to the throne offering say House Bolton lordship of the North and they'd rise in revolt and Ned wouldn't have the support of the other lords to stop them." Robb nodded in agreement. He might carry Catelyn's looks but he was Ned's son through and through. There was a bigger picture here that Catelyn wasn't seeing the reason and although he dearly missed his younger sister, Sansa, he had known she'd never be able to come back home or else, she'd face the chopping block. Bran and Lyanna looked unsettled although Lyanna could understand Ned's reasons, too. She knew her own family had pretty firm ideas about honor and loyalty and even if they were one of the most loyal houses to House Stark, they'd think twice about support a house that flaunted the law when it suited them. By sending Sansa Stark away, it'd keep the lords if not happy, satisfied that she'd been punished since the Starks were true to their own honor, but Lady Stark didn't see it that way. "She is our daughter, Ned! You are the Northern lord and they should follow where you lead, not cave you in like a craven when they start making demands!" Her face was red with fury and her words seemed to shake the walls with their intensities. Which was followed by the temperature in the room seemingly dropping several degrees as silence also had fallen with Robb, Ser Brynden, Bran and Lyanna all looking at Ned, the Northern lord whose face had gone from its tired, grim mask to one of rage and without warning, he responded with a tirade of his own.
"I have had given you far too much of your own way here! I have allowed Septa Mordane here! This is the North, the Old Gods are ones that we worship here at Winterfell, but you and Mordane filled our daughters' heads with those pathetically stupid ideas about what a 'good lady' is supposed to do and act like! The sole reason Arya did not want to marry all because she believed she would have to be like Sansa or you rather than only be true to herself which would cost her freedom! You filled Sansa's head with those nonexistent, idiotic tales of love and honor by giving her moronic, ridiculous, foolish, stupid dreams that blinded her to the truth! Which I allowed that in my own complacency when I should have made sure Sansa understood the fact that family is the most important thing, the fact that loyalty to them is far more important than ideas of love or glory, but now it is too late. She can never set foot here in the North again because if she does, she will be killed!" he told Catelyn with more anger in his voice than anyone had ever heard from him before. Everyone in the room was shocked no more than Ned himself. He had never raised his voice to his wife before but the last year and all of its events had taken their toll on his patience. Catelyn was stunned into silence at her husband's words, they cut deep and she silently walked out of the room as she tried to wrap her head around them. As everyone else in the room made their excuses to leave, Ned sat down and rested his head in his hands as he leaned against his desk. He doubted his marriage would ever be the same after today, those words have spoken in anger no matter how much he had never meant to say, it had opened the spouse (husband/wife) drama between Catelyn and himself that he was unsure they could ever repair.

Meanwhile, Margaery was out in one of the gardens, looking for her future sister in law. No one had seen the elder daughter of Lord Stark much since Willas had arrived with her just days ago. She'd (Margaery had) only seen the girl briefly but despite the fact that she heard enough from Willas to know the girl must be suffering. To be exiled from your own homeland because of one error of judgement seemed harsh but when Willas had explained about how strict Northern law was, Sansa realized that she was lucky to get away with her life. However, if the girl was to be a member of the Tyrell family, then someone should at least try to make her welcome. She eventually found her in a grove near the bottom and most secluded part of the gardens. The pale redhead who was kneeling in front of a blue flowered bed, hummed some strange tune that Margaery didn't recognize. Sansa sensed her (Margaery's) presence before she'd gotten to her feet quickly. "Lady Margaery, I am sorry if my humming disturbed you." Sansa apologized to her quietly with her head bowed. Therefore, she (Margaery) wouldn't see the tears that were threatening to run down her cheeks. "I was hoping I can speak to you in person especially since we are to be sisters in laws one day." Margaery smiled at the exiled Stark, the same younger girl who looked very much like a startled deer that was completely frozen. Margaery guided her slowly by putting her hand gently on Sansa's shoulder. "Do you like blue flowers?" she asked, hoping to start a conversation and regretted it once she'd seen the tears in Sansa's eyes. "They remind me of the winter roses back home. They are beautiful at full bloom." she (Sansa) remembered mournfully. Margaery took one of her (Sansa's) hands and held it gently.
"Sansa, I know what happened in King's Landing and it is not your fault." Margaery went for the root of the problem assuringly. However, she (Sansa) immediately felt her guilt tearing into her and insisted sadly. "It is, instead of just following my father's simple command, I went to tell the Queen exactly what he was planning. That got our entire retinue killed, made my former best friend an orphan and my father locked up in the Blacks Cells like he was a criminal. What I did is treason and now I pay the price. Marrying your brother is more than I deserve." she (Sansa) said, knowing that she was not worthy of a knight now, let alone one of the great houses like the Tyrells.
"Sansa." Margaery put her hand to her (Sansa's) mouth to stop the girl from speaking anymore self-criticism. "My brother will respect you as long as you are loyal to him, you are a beautiful young woman who will blossom when you are ready such like those winter roses." she (Margaery) assured her (Sansa), seeing the uncertain look on her (Sansa's) face, she added. "And as for what happened in King's Landing, you were outwitted by a far more devious woman than you were prepared for. Cersei just used you as a pawn, Sansa and I can teach you so it does not happen again. Like my grandmother taught me." She (Sansa) was quiet for a moment as she absorbed Margaery's words. She had heard Willas Tyrell speak on their journey of how clever and cunning his grandmother and sister were. If Margaery was serious in her desire to teach her, then it'd mean that should she ever cross paths with someone like Cersei again…she'd be ready for them. Her mind was made up immediately and she said.
"Teach me."
Later, after Ned had returned to the tower to retrieve what was left of his belongings he went and tracked down Ice. Which seemed that Ser Ilyn Payne had taken a fancy to his family's ancestral sword and claimed it for his own but Ned had swiftly retrieved his blade and was in the process of cleaning it to try to relax his mind, however, it didn't do any good. He had always valued family above everything else, his wife and children meant the world to him and he wouldn't have traded the years, he had had with them for anything and he hoped for many more years yet to come and perhaps even grandchildren if his children obliged him. Even if Jon wasn't his own son, he (Jon) was still included in his family and he'd protect the boy until death, telling no one the boy's true identity to keep him safe from those who'd kill him only for who his father had been. However, what Sansa just did had shaken him to the core. He doubted that she had done it maliciously but regardless of her motives, the damage was done which means he'd have to make sure Sansa understood the consequences. He wasn't looking forward to what he was going to have to say to his elder daughter but all too soon the time came as both Sansa and the now newly orphaned girl, Jeyne Poole entered his room. Seeing Ned, Sansa rushed over to eagerly throw herself into his arms, crying with relief that he was alright after everything happened. He (Ned) held his elder daughter but not as tightly as he might've done a week ago which made him terrible. His eyes moved to Jeyne Poole, the orphaned girl who was standing at the door with tears in her own eyes. He was worried about the young orphaned girl because this world was a terrible place to be all alone and she (Jeyne) was still just a child. However, Sansa regained his attention by telling him how much she wanted to go back home to Winter-fell (the North) and forget everything that happened which was too much for Ned, the Northern lord who removed himself from his elder daughter's embrace much to her (Sansa's) surprise. She (Sansa) was unsettled at his (Ned's) stern expression. "Do you know what you have done?" Ned demanded. "You betrayed us. You told the queen that we were to flee King's Landing. Our entire retinue was wiped out because of what you did behind my back." Sansa's eyes widened as she (Sansa) shook within horror at what Ned had found out from Hadrian, the terrible realization gripped her. There was a moment of silence as his words have sunk in, however, it was neither of them (Ned nor Sansa) who ended the silence, but instead, the silence of the room was broken by a scream filled with rage & grief. Therefore, Sansa found herself being hit by the fists of none other than her enraged, orphaned ex-best friend, Jeyne Poole, another girl who learnt that she (Sansa) betrayed her (Jeyne), their fathers and the other Northerners to Queen Cersei, started screaming at her (Sansa) like an animal till she (Jeyne) was pulled off by Ned. She (Jeyne) struggled for a moment before she (Jeyne) freely burst into tears after her (Jeyne's) anger collapsed, she (Jeyne) sobbed onto Lord Stark's shoulder, especially into Ned's arms. "They killed my father!" As he (Ned) carefully wrapped the grief filled orphaned child in his hold, he (Ned) rubbed her shoulder carefully and reassuringly told her gently. "Do not worry, girl. I will make sure you are well cared for at Winterfell." He'd make Jeyne his ward because of Vayon's loyal service and the fact that she (Jeyne) had no family on her own in this world anymore. He regretfully turned to mournfully tell Sansa, the disguised Southerner who was suddenly distraught. "And you, you are guilty of treason. Under Northern law, death is only one punishment…. I cannot even change that without angering all of our vassals. Which is only elsewhere in the North. As long as you stay south of the Neck, I have no choice but to opt for the lesser punishment of exile. Perhaps, I would try to find a place for you to live elsewhere in the Riverlands with your uncle, Edmure or in the Vale with your aunt, Lysa, but you can never set foot elsewhere in the North again. Otherwise, the Northern lords will kill you on sight." he really did love Sansa but unfortunately, this was the only way to save her (Sansa's) life. To send her away…to deny her the land of her birth because if she ever returned there and the truth about what she did came out, he'd probably face the ire of his own lords and if they didn't kill her, they'd make him to do it instead. However, the look of utter desolation that his older daughter was giving him made his heart shatter into a million irreparable pieces.

Meanwhile, Sansa felt like her entire world was leaving her alone in a vast empty wasteland filled with terrible predators that filled her with terror. Ned's words had cut deeper than any blade, filling her with total, absolute devastation as the full impact of what she did threatened to overwhelm her. Her real home, Winterfell, the one she arrogantly dismissed, assuming that it'd always be there for her was now beyond her reach. The cold Northern winds but warm, loving atmosphere of her family's home was now stripped from her. Her family would be so far away and she might never see them in person again…her loving, caring mother, the Southerner who soothed her tears, told her such wonderful stories. Her brothers, Robb, Bran and Rickon all so full of life and mischief that secretly they made her laugh with their bad jokes. Her dire-wolf was sent home to protect it after she foolishly lied to earn Joffrey's affection in front of everyone. With Ned's grim but loving aura that always made her feel safe and protected. All was lost now. As her own tears filled her eyes, she felt Ned's warm hand grip hers tightly and she held on for all she was worth, scared that he'd be gone the moment that she let go.

The following morning after the secret meeting, Ned had bidden one of the most painful farewells that he had ever bidden in his life when he brought his daughter to meet Willas Tyrell so he could take her to meet her new betrothed, Ser Loras Tyrell. The tears that stained his daughter's cheeks have torn his heart. He wished he could take her with him back to Winterfell however, it'd cost his daughter her life if he did. So he pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead gently as her arms wrapped around him. The pain he felt was unbearable as he held her in his arms for what could be the last time in a very long while. His darling daughter would be some man's wife when or if he saw her next. He'd always see her as his small angel who'd make him smile with her pure innocence and joy. He felt his own eyes teared up and he hugged her closer.

Sansa was feeling more wretched than ever, too. Her own stupidity separated her from her family forever. Never again would the halls of Winter-fell be hers to wander. Nor would she ever see her brothers' spar in the training yard, never would she sit in her rooms and sleep in her own bed ever again. Now she was being cast adrift in the brutal world that seemed to be so large and cruel that it'd swallow her up any moment.
"We will ride south to visit you, write to you as often as possible and I promise I will be there on your wedding day." Ned had sworn to his daughter lifting her chin carefully so she would meet his gaze and her tears made him hate himself more. "Father." Sansa said and tightened her hold on him as if to stop him from leaving her behind. "I love you, my sweet wolf." Ned embraced her in return. Willas Tyrell and the small group of Tyrell men who had accompanied him all looked away from the uncomfortable scene that unfolded before them. They were intruding on something very private between father and daughter which seemed like an eternity before they finally separated and Sansa reluctantly climbed onto the horse that had been provided for her. With fresh tears ready to erupt any moment, she took one last, final look at Ned before she started off down the road accompanied by Willas Tyrell, the heir who'd sworn on his honor to protect Sansa. He told Ned that his only one sole sister, Margaery would be there to help his daughter through this and his cousins would be there to be her new friends but that didn't at all reassure Ned, the Northern lord who only felt like the lowest creature in all of creation for sending his daughter away and as he had ridden away back North, he was accompanied by Jeyne Poole, the silent orphaned girl who never even bothered to bid her ex-best friend goodbye. He had known neither Catelyn nor his sons would ever forgive him.
Lord Stark rushed over towards the Tower of the Hand and his steward. Lord Poole was there with Septa Mordane. They both looked surprised at his abrupt entry but he wasted no time before he told them. "Pack only what we need and ready the horses. We leave the capital as soon as possible." He was unprepared to tell them in explanation when they looked ready to ask him, however, a familiar, feminine voice at the door prevented him from doing this. "Father?" He turned around to see Sansa standing there. She (Sansa) looked upset. "Why must we leave? I like it here. The Queen and Joffrey have been so nice to me." Ned nearly begun to grit his teeth, not wanting to have to deal with this instantly so he snapped at Sansa. "Do as I command. We must leave immediately." he told her shortly before he had gone about his own quick packing. Renly had already fled the capital and was no doubt on his way to High-garden or Storm's End to call his banners. He had no intention of being here when Joffrey had taken power since that boy had a sadistic streak as wide as the Narrow Sea. He wouldn't allow his daughter to become intertwined with such a monster, but he (Ned) was so focused on getting out of the southern city. Sansa's face screwed up in anger at Ned for treating her (Sansa) like a child. She (Sansa) was nearly shaking with anger at just the thought of it. She (Sansa) swiftly turned around to storm downstairs/out towards the Southern Red Keep. If he (Ned) wouldn't explain himself to her, then he'd (Ned would) have to explain himself to the Queen.

"Thank you, sweetling." Cersei appreciated her (Sansa) gratefully as she smiled at her (Sansa) kindly after Sansa Stark told her that Lord Stark was ready to flee the capital. The Queen had taken the time to clean herself up and now looked as radiant as ever at least in her own mind. "I shall deal with the situation but do not fear you will not have to leave the city. Now while I speak to your father, perhaps you and Joffrey should take a stroll around the gardens." she suggested and although he (Joffrey) had given her a look that told her he could think of nothing more tedious, Sansa brightened considerably and held out her (Sansa's) arm for Joffrey, the Southern prince who reluctantly had taken it, led her (Sansa) away. After Sansa was out of sight, Cersei gritted her teeth and Baelish, the man who had kept his mouth shut at the back of the room, came forward. "If Lord Stark goes back to Winterfell, Your Grace, you will lose the North and getting it back would be next to impossible given how difficult the North is to invade." Baelish told her as his scheming mind worked a mile an minute. "I have brought eight hundred of the most vicious Mountain Clansmen from the Vale to serve at your side in exchange for gold. They are yours to command against whoever you decide. They will make everyone fear you, Your Grace." Baelish stated with satisfaction in his eyes. Starting a war with the North surely would result in Lord Stark's death and if he was able to arrange a suitable end for Lysa, it would leave him as regent of the Vale and then with Catelyn a widow, he would finally have the opportunity to make her his.

And there she (Cersei) was, compiling a list of all the people she wanted dead here in the Southern capital and where they would be right now.

Back at the Tower of the Hand, Ned and his retinue were throwing whatever they needed into whatever boxes they could get their hands on and sending them to the outdoor carts. Ned looked around to make sure there was nothing more than needed to be packed before he rushed wondering how much time they had to his daughter's room to make sure that she was ready. When he got there, he was astonished to find out that Sansa was not there and nothing had been packed. Everything was exactly where it had been earlier today. He rushed out of the room as his daughter's absence caused him to worry when he was alerted by a scream from one of his guards. He rushed downstairs and came across a horrific sight…his unprepared men have been torn apart by Mountain Clansmen from the Vale. In the midst of their packing to flee the capital, his men were unable to protect themselves against the vicious, completely unexpected attack. Ned hadn't had time to think on why the clansmen were here before he was compelled to draw his sword Ice and fight for his life. Two of the Clansmen tried to double team him but despite the confined quarters, Ned was able to stand his ground against the two vicious but relatively unskilled savages and he easily dispatched them, but four more piled on him, reigning down blows with their fists or battle axes. Although none of the axes hit, he received a vicious blow to the head and managed to stay conscious only long enough to see Jeyne Poole being dragged, screaming downstairs by a Clansman, followed by another Clansman who held Mordane and Vayon Poole's severed heads.

At that moment, Sansa was locked up here in a room/the Southern Red Keep. She was completely obvious as to what was going on which somewhat scared that her father, Ned had yet to find her.

Earlier that day…

Sansa just finished her lovely walk through the gardens with Joffrey when he had led her to a disused room, he shoved her in, locking the door from the other side. She banged on the door with confusion in her eyes, however, all she heard was Joffrey laughing as he walked away. The room was bare so she had to lower herself to sit on the floor while she waited for someone to come and let her out. She knew Joffrey liked to make fun of other people sometimes, however, she couldn't understand why her golden prince had done this to her. Which had been hours before finally the door unlocked and she looked up getting quickly to her feet before she brushed off the dust from her dress.

Present…

She felt slightly relieved to see Joffrey standing there when the door finally opened with a member of his Kingsguard, Ser Merlyn Trant. She was about to smile at the sight of them, however, something stopped her as she'd seen the looks on their faces. There was something about the way they were smiling made her feel uneasy. She stayed wherever she was. "My Prince. Is there something wrong?" she asked, not understanding/wondering why Joffrey was doing this. His unsettling grin widened as he told her. "I have something to show you." he offered her his arm. Therefore, she had to force herself to take it. She didn't why but something about his touch which had once made her feel warm now felt uncomfortable, however, she'd shaken herself and tried to put these silly thoughts aside and walked at his side with her arm in his but all the same that feeling that something was wrong just kept nagging at the back of her mind regardless of how hard she worked to suppress it. Soon, they were approaching the walls of the Southern Red Keep and Sansa nearly managed to convince herself that nothing was wrong, however, they walked up the steps on to the wall and Sansa stopped at what she'd seen with horror in her eyes. There on the wall mounted on spikes were the heads of her beloved Septa Mordane, her family's steward, Vayon Poole, all her family's guards and servants that they've had brought here to King's Landing. She would've screamed if not for Joffrey's hand wrapping itself around her elbow so tightly, she winced. "Quite the collection, do you not think?" Joffrey asked her, looking extremely excited at the sight of the mutilated heads on display. However, Sansa was unable to reply and unsure what she would've said, even if she did. Then suddenly, a horrible thought popped into Sansa's head and her eyes flittered from one mounted head to another before she realized that Ned wasn't there with a small sense of relief, however, she was unable to take her eyes away from the gruesome display in front of her no matter how much she wanted to. "Where is my father?" she asked desperately just for her to feel the hand of Ser Trant to knock her to the ground and she could not even look up in her shock as Joffrey raged at her. "YOU ARE NOTHING! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DEMAND ANSWERS FROM A KING! FROM AN EMPEROR!" Suddenly, she felt the boot heel of Ser Trant in her right side which was like the veil had been pulled from her eyes and she could see things in the clear light of day, who Joffrey really was, what he was really like…all the things she waved off or ignored suddenly came into focus like a tapestry revealing his true character. He was everything she was warned about; greedy, sadistic, willful, vicious and cruel. Masked by a golden façade, he was a monster in disguise, one who had taken her in so fully, she betrayed her own family so he'd like her. Those heads were on that wall because of her much to her own horror. Sansa realized the fact that Joffrey cared about no-one but himself. Sansa was nothing more than a foolish girl.

As day turned to dusk, Sansa, a bruised girl who was forced to walk to a room in the Southern Red Keep wherever she was shoved through the door, groaned as her bruised body hit the hard floor. As she struggled to her feet, she felt gentle hands helping her get up and a female voice that brought her a small measure of relief. "Sansa, are you alright?" Jeyne Poole asked her and she (Sansa) managed to get to her feet with her (Jeyne's) help and she (Sansa) nodded in reply and stumbled over to a bed on the other side of the room. She'd seen Jeyne pour a goblet of water and press it into her (Sansa's) hand wherever the Stark girl gratefully took some careful sips of water. Taking a moment once she drained her goblet, Sansa could see that she didn't need to tell Jeyne what happened, the bloodshot eyes told her that not too long ago, Jeyne had been crying hard. However, she (Sansa) could not meet her gaze. Jeyne's father, Vayon was dead just like their entire entourage because of her (Sansa). She (Sansa) told the Southern Queen that they were fleeing the capital. If she'd just done as Ned said, they'd be far safer away from Joffrey and Cersei. Instead, all their trusted servants were dead, whereas, she, Ned and Jeyne were prisoners of the Southern Queen. Sansa knew Jeyne was worried about her despite all the grief that she must surely be feeling at this moment, however, she (Sansa) was dreading the time if/when Jeyne found out who betrayed them to the Southern Queen. She was about to lie down to get some sleep or at least as much as she could when suddenly and without warning, Lord Varys and two men appeared in the corner of the room seemingly from nowhere. She would've sat up, however, her body protested too much and Jeyne nearly screamed but the bald eunuch said quickly. "My Ladies, I must apologize for my abrupt entrance but we have little time. I have been sent on the behalf of Lord Tyrion Lannister to ensure that you do not remain in the hands of the queen and her eldest son. But we must move now or we shall certainly be discovered. I know for a fact that the queen intends to simply give young Lady Poole to the owner of a brothel." Jeyne looked terrified at sheer idea and was keen to go with them to avoid such a fate, whereas, Sansa struggled to her feet and asked him demandingly. "What of my father? We must rescue him." But Varys shook his head before he explained. "Your father is currently being held elsewhere in the Black Cells but if the queen and the crown prince do not have you and Lady Poole, they will have nothing to use as leverage against him. Now, My Ladies, we must hurry." he urged them and Sansa reluctantly allowed one of the men to help her, whereas, the other helped Jeyne into a hidden passage that had been concealed in the wall of the room. The dark passage was unsettling in how far/long it seemed to stretch illuminated solely by Lord Varys's torch. However, the eunuch knew where he was going and soon, they emerged near the manor houses on Rhaenys's Hill. The dark streets were surprisingly quiet as they carefully made their way up the hill to the same manor house that Sansa and Arya once visited to meet Tywin Lannister in person what seemed like a lifetime ago. They soon arrived at one of the side doors rather than the main entrance and Varys knocked a series of times that sounded like the first few lines of the Rains of Castamere. There was the sound of a lock being undone and the door swung open to reveal Ser Barristan Selmy who ushered them in. He frowned when he saw the condition Sansa had been left in by the still to be crowned king. Once they were inside, he and the rest of the servants in the manor re-secured the door and moved them into the drawing room. The maester who had just finished changed Ser Jacelyn's bandages when he saw them come in with Sansa, went straight to work as they put her down on the available couch. Now Jeyne almost completely drained curled up in the adjacent seat and quickly fell asleep. Tyrion Lannister approached her (Sansa) as the maester had gotten to work and she never thought she'd be so glad to see the Imp in all her life. She derided him in private whenever with Cersei or Joffrey because of their hatred of him, but right now, he was the most welcome person in her eyes outside a member of her own family. "Lady Sansa." Tyrion greeted warmly. "Welcome to Lannister House. Do not worry, you are safe here. My brother is at this moment riding for King's Landing with his men, soon things will be put right." he assured her, however, she (Sansa) shook her head. "No I do not think things will ever really be alright ever again." Her eyes drifted over to Jeyne, the other girl who's newly orphaned, already looked like she was suffering from some kind of nightmare.

As his men secured the Southern Red Keep and have begun to gather the Gold Cloaks in an effort to regain full control of the southern city, Hadrian walked in one of the rooms of the Southern Red Keep and was much relieved to see Lord Stark being tended too by Grandmaester Pycelle, the elderly man who had finally crawled out from whatever rock he had been hiding under. Seeing the wounds on Ned from his time in captivity made Hadrian frown but he kept his face straight and asked briskly. "Lord Stark, I hope your time in the cells was not too hard. I was appalled when I discovered what my sister and nephew had done." He sat down opposite the Lord Regent. "I had ridden here as fast as I could." "Sure you did." Ned stated bitterly. "My friends and the others I trusted were slaughtered, my daughter's friend was left recently orphaned. My daughter herself was traumatized, I do not see why I should believe any of the words that come out of a Lannister's mouth." He glared angrily at Hadrian who merely raised an eyebrow, not rising to Lord Stark's anger. Pycelle looked ready to say something but a glare from Ned silenced him and with his job finished, the old man excused himself, keen to get away from the two lords who were sure to argue given what had happened.

Meanwhile, Ned was about to blow his top when Hadrian said first eager to head him off before the Northern lord said something they would regret. "When I discovered the slaughter of your retinue, the imprisonment of yourself and your daughter was down to the advice of Petyr Baelish." Ned was shaken out of his anger for a moment in sheer surprise at that piece of news. "When she heard that you were fleeing this city, he convinced her that you were plotting against her and Joffrey and that she needed hostages to ensure that the North would bend the knee to her son." "And how did she know I was planning to leave the capital?" Ned asked as he was annoyed with the fact that the arrogant Mockingbird had been behind this whole thing. "Your daughter, Sansa told her." Hadrian revealed which caused Ned's annoyance to turn into complete disbelief. "No." Ned was unable to wrap his head around the fact that his daughter betrayed him. "This is another trick…Sansa would never go behind my back like that." Hadrian had given the man a sad smile in explanation. "No, but she wanted to marry Joffrey and be his queen so she went to tell the Queen, hoping she would stop your departure which she did it her own way of course. And it is not the first time your daughter lied by going against her own family to win the approval of my sister and my nephew. She lied about what happened at the river that day with Nymeria and Arya. No doubt she has been saying anything the queen asked of her ever since." Ned didn't want to believe Hadrian but he couldn't deny the fact that the signs of betrayal were there so now that he looked at them in a different light, all the time, she'd spent with Queen Cersei and Joffrey without her family there. She was trying to mimic the queen no matter how much he had tried to convince her not to. Those pieces and others like them that he had dismissed at the time now came together to form a terrible picture in his mind. He groaned in realization. "If you still intend to return home to the North, I will not try to convince you to remain here because you all have suffered here and I will make sure that the bodies of your retinue are sent back for proper burial, but I hope you will stay at least till tonight, there is a meeting that I would very much like you to attend." He stated but he added the last part quietly in case anyone was listening. Ned glared at him suspiciously and asked in a whisper. "What quite of meeting?" Hadrian smiled before he told him. "The secret kind."
One way or another, there are no perfect child protections, not the other way around.
One way or another, there are no perfection child protections, not the other way around.
Who wouldn't like this crossover?
One way or another, there are no perfect protections, not the other way around.
"Jeyne Poole hadn't said a word to any of us or anyone else at all since that traitorous ex-best friend of hers, Sansa Stark betrayed her, their fathers and the other Northerners to Queen Cersei behind their backs."
Later, after Ned had returned to the tower to retrieve what was left of his belongings he went and tracked down Ice. Which seemed that Ser Ilyn Payne had taken a fancy to his family's ancestral sword and claimed it for his own but Ned had swiftly retrieved his blade and was in the process of cleaning it to try to relax his mind, however, it didn't do any good. He had always valued family above everything else, his wife and children meant the world to him and he wouldn't have traded the years, he had had with them for anything and he hoped for many more years yet to come and perhaps even grandchildren if his children obliged him. Even if Jon wasn't his own son, he (Jon) was still included in his family and he'd protect the boy until death, telling no one the boy's true identity to keep him safe from those who'd kill him only for who his father had been. However, what Sansa just did had shaken him to the core. He doubted that she had done it maliciously but regardless of her motives, the damage was done which means he'd have to make sure Sansa understood the consequences. He wasn't looking forward to what he was going to have to say to his elder daughter but all too soon the time came as both Sansa and the now newly orphaned girl, Jeyne Poole entered his room. Seeing Ned, Sansa rushed over to eagerly throw herself into his arms, crying with relief that he was alright after everything happened. He (Ned) held his elder daughter but not as tightly as he might've done a week ago which made him terrible. His eyes moved to Jeyne Poole, the orphaned girl who was standing at the door with tears in her own eyes. He was worried about the young orphaned girl because this world was a terrible place to be all alone and she (Jeyne) was still just a child. However, Sansa regained his attention by telling him how much she wanted to go back home to Winter-fell (the North) and forget everything that happened which was too much for Ned, the Northern lord who removed himself from his elder daughter's embrace much to her (Sansa's) surprise. She (Sansa) was unsettled at his (Ned's) stern expression. "Father?" Sansa asked Ned. "Do you know what you have done?" Ned demanded. "You betrayed us. You told the queen that we were to flee King's Landing. Our entire retinue here was wiped out because of what you did behind my back." Sansa's eyes widened as she (Sansa) shook within horror at what Ned had found out from Hadrian, the terrible realization gripped her. There was a moment of silence as his words have sunk in, however, it was neither of them (Ned nor Sansa) who ended the silence, but instead, the silence of the room was broken by a scream filled with rage & grief. Therefore, Sansa found herself being hit by the fists of none other than her enraged, orphaned ex-best friend, Jeyne Poole, another girl who learnt that she (Sansa) betrayed her (Jeyne) and the other Northerners to Queen Cersei, started screaming at her (Sansa) like an animal till she (Jeyne) was pulled off by Ned. She (Jeyne) struggled for a moment before she (Jeyne) freely burst into tears after her (Jeyne's) anger collapsed, she (Jeyne) sobbed onto Lord Stark's shoulder, especially into Ned's arms. "They killed my father!" As he (Ned) carefully wrapped the grief filled orphaned child in his hold, he (Ned) rubbed her shoulder carefully and reassuringly told her gently. "Do not worry, girl. I will make sure you are well cared for at Winterfell." He'd make Jeyne his ward because of Vayon's loyal service and the fact that she (Jeyne) had no family on her own in this world anymore. He regretfully turned to mournfully tell Sansa, the disguised Southerner who was suddenly distraught. "And you, you are guilty of treason. Under Northern law, death is only one punishment…. I cannot even change that without angering all of our vassals. Which is only elsewhere in the North. As long as you stay south of the Neck, I have no choice but to opt for the lesser punishment of exile. Perhaps, I would try to find a place for you to live elsewhere in the Riverlands with your uncle, Edmure or in the Vale with your aunt, Lysa, but you can never set foot elsewhere in the North again. Otherwise, the Northern lords will kill you on sight." he really did love Sansa but unfortunately, this was the only way to save her (Sansa's) life. To send her away…to deny her the land of her birth because if she ever returned there and the truth about what she did came out, he'd probably face the ire of his own lords and if they didn't kill her, they'd make him to do it instead. However, the look of utter desolation that his older daughter was giving him made his heart shatter into a million irreparable pieces.

Sansa was feeling more wretched than ever, too. Her own stupidity separated her from her family forever. Never again would the halls of Winterfell be hers to wander. Nor would she ever see her brothers' spar in the training yard, never would she sit in her rooms and sleep in her own bed ever again. Now she was being cast adrift in the brutal world that seemed to be so large and cruel that it'd swallow her up any moment.
"We will ride south to visit you, write to you as often as possible and I promise I will be there on your wedding day." Ned had sworn to his daughter lifting her chin carefully so she would meet his gaze and her tears made him hate himself more. "Father." Sansa said and tightened her hold on him as if to stop him from leaving her behind. "I love you, my sweet wolf." Ned embraced her in return. Willas Tyrell and the small group of Tyrell men who had accompanied him all looked away from the uncomfortable scene that unfolded before them. They were intruding on something very private between father and daughter which seemed like an eternity before they finally separated and Sansa reluctantly climbed onto the horse that had been provided for her. With fresh tears ready to erupt any moment, she took one last, final look at Ned before she started off down the road accompanied by Willas Tyrell, the heir who'd sworn on his honor to protect Sansa. He told Ned that his only one sole sister, Margaery would be there to help his daughter through this and his cousins would be there to be her new friends but that didn't at all reassure Ned, the Northern lord who only felt like the lowest creature in all of creation for sending his daughter away and as he had ridden away back North, he was accompanied by Jeyne Poole, the silent orphaned girl who never even bothered to bid her ex-best friend goodbye. He knew neither Catelyn nor his sons would ever forgive him.

Back at the Tower of the Hand, Ned and his retinue were throwing whatever they needed into whatever boxes they could get their hands on and sending them to the outdoor carts. Ned looked around to make sure there was nothing more than needed to be packed before he rushed wondering how much time they had to his daughter's room to make sure that she was ready. When he got there, he was astonished to find out that Sansa was not there and nothing had been packed. Everything was exactly where it had been earlier today. He rushed out of the room as his daughter's absence caused him worry when he was alerted by a scream from one of his guards. He rushed downstairs and came across a horrific sight…his unprepared men have been torn apart by Mountain Clansmen from the Vale. In the midst of their packing to flee the capital, his men were unable to protect themselves against the vicious, completely unexpected attack. Ned hadn't had time to think on why the clansmen were here before he was compelled to draw his sword Ice and fight for his life. Two of the Clansmen tried to double team him but despite the confined quarters, Ned was able to stand his ground against the two vicious but relatively unskilled savages and he easily dispatched them, but four more piled on him, reigning down blows with their fists or battle axes. Although none of the axes hit, he received a vicious blow to the head and managed to stay conscious only long enough to see Jeyne Poole being dragged, screaming downstairs by a Clansman, followed by another Clansman who held Mordane and Vayon Poole's severed heads.

Earlier that day…

Sansa just finished her lovely walk through the gardens with Joffrey when he had led her to a disused room, he shoved her in, locking the door from the other side. She banged on the door with confusion in her eyes, however, all she heard was Joffrey laughing as he walked away. The room was bare so she had to lower herself to sit on the floor while she waited for someone to come and let her out. She knew Joffrey liked to make fun of other people sometimes, however, she couldn't understand why her golden prince had done this to her. Which had been hours before finally the door unlocked and she looked up getting quickly to her feet brushing off the dust from her dress.

Present…

She felt slightly relieved to see Joffrey standing there when the door finally opened with a member of his Kingsguard, Ser Merlyn Trant. She was about to smile at the sight of them, however, something stopped her as she'd seen the looks on their faces. There was something about the way they were smiling made her feel uneasy. She stayed wherever she was. "My Prince. Is there something wrong?" she asked, not understanding/wondering why Joffrey was doing this. His unsettling grin widened as he told her. "I have something to show you." he offered her his arm. Therefore, she had to force herself to take it. She didn't why but something about his touch which had once made her feel warm now felt uncomfortable, however, she'd shaken herself and tried to put these silly thoughts aside and walked at his side with her arm in his but all the same that feeling that something was wrong just kept nagging at the back of her mind regardless of how hard she worked to suppress it. Soon, they were approaching the walls of the Southern Red Keep and Sansa nearly managed to convince herself that nothing was wrong, however, they walked up the steps on to the wall and Sansa stopped at what she'd seen with horror in her eyes. There on the wall mounted on spikes were the heads of her beloved Septa Mordane, her family's steward, Vayon Poole, all her family's guards and servants that they've had brought here to King's Landing. She would've screamed if not for Joffrey's hand wrapping itself around her elbow so tightly, she winced. "Quite the collection, do you not think?" Joffrey asked her, looking extremely excited at the sight of the mutilated heads on display. However, Sansa was unable to reply and unsure what she would've said, even if she did. Then suddenly, a horrible thought popped into Sansa's head and her eyes flittered from one mounted head to another before she realized that Ned wasn't there with a small sense of relief, however, she was unable to take her eyes away from the gruesome display in front of her no matter how much she wanted to. "Where is my father?" she asked desperately just for her to feel the hand of Ser Trant to knock her to the ground and she could not even look up in her shock as Joffrey raged at her. "YOU ARE NOTHING! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DEMAND ANSWERS FROM A KING! FROM AN EMPEROR!" Suddenly, she felt the boot heel of Ser Trant in her right side which was like the veil had been pulled from her eyes and she could see things in the clear light of day, who Joffrey really was, what he was really like…all the things that she waved off or ignored suddenly came into focus like a tapestry revealing his true character. He was everything she was warned about; greedy, sadistic, willful, vicious and cruel. Masked by a golden façade, he was a monster in disguise, one who had taken her in so fully, she blindly ignored and betrayed her own family so he'd like her. Those heads were on that wall because of her much to her own horror. And she realized the fact that Joffrey cared about no-one but himself. And she was nothing more than a foolish girl.

SixFtWookie chapter 40 . 1/11
I enjoyed the story. You kept the tension high, and any advantage the the good guys held you kept countered by an advantage for the bad guys. You had some consistent spelling errors throughout the story, moral instead of morale, causalities instead of casualties, things of that nature. All in all a good crossover, and most impressive of all a complete story from ASoIaF.
Winter-fell chapter 14 . 1/10
"Lady Jeyne Poole had been silent since Vayon's undeserved, fatal death because of Sansa's betrayal." "Which shows that Sansa's nothing but a traitorous so called "Northerner", does it not?" "Yeah." "Sansa got what she deserved." "Catelyn took Sansa's banishment from Winter-fell very badly."
Ned had hoped he was comforted by the colder Northern winds as he and Jeyne Poole have ridden back home to Winterfell. The loneliness of their small party was a sobering reminder of the events that have befallen them since they had left home nearly a year ago. He had gone to King's Landing with a large party of men and his only two daughters, but now he had ridden home alone except for his dead steward's surviving orphaned daughter. All of his men were dead, but his younger daughter was elsewhere at Casterly Rock being taught gods know what, whereas, his elder daughter was being banished elsewhere to the Reach to marry a gay man who even preferred the company of other men. Ned only kept his calm through a complicated struggle as he and Jeyne came into sight of Winterfell, his heart was comforted by the somewhat grim looking castle. Despite everything that had happened, he could take comfort from the simple fact he was home. He and his companion have ridden through the open gates to see the newly promoted Archmaester Luwin standing there as he waited for him. Luwin noticed that none of his family were here but he (Luwin) soon revealed the reason for that. "My Lord, welcome home. We were not expecting you so soon and with such a depleted party." Luwin greeted Ned as he'd seen Jeyne Poole arriving with him. The reminder of how many people he had lost elsewhere in King's Landing quickly banished what warmth Ned could draw from being back home. His face remained stern as he told Luwin for his family to meet him in his solar and that Jeyne Poole was to have her own room made ready for her. A maid took the orphaned girl who remained silent for the majority of their trip home away. He was deeply worried about the orphaned girl who seemed to be withdrawing into herself. Which had taken a great deal of effort to get her to show interest in anything and he had to be quite stern in his reminders for her to eat and drink. Perhaps he had written to Bear Island and got Dacey Mormont or one of GreatJon Umber's daughters to come to Winterfell to try and help her if they could. He didn't know if it'd work but it was worth a try to see if they could aid Young Lady Poole in her grief rather than let her waste away. Luwin told him as they walked. "We have received ravens from both Lord Stannis and Lord Renly. They have both named themselves king and are calling for your support." "Burn those letters, Luwin. The North is having no part in this stupid southern war, we are neutral which is my only word on the matter." he (Luwin) allowed himself to raise an eyebrow in surprise at the statement but he didn't question his lord. He had known him since he was a boy and recognized that tone. Which wasn't heard often but it was the voice Ned had when he was so set on something that nothing and no-one was going to stop him. Whatever happened elsewhere in King's Landing had obviously affected his lord deeply and Luwin wisely decided to not speak. As they passed several of the previously abandoned towers, Ned noticed that Luwin's copies of the Citadel library had arrived which also counted as the Stark's copy of the library as each of the great houses was being entrusted with a copy to ensure the knowledge was protected for the future. The sheer quantity of books had quickly overwhelmed the existing library at Winterfell and they were using some of the abandoned towers to store them until they could find somewhere to permanently house them, but Ned put those thoughts aside as he entered the familiar corridors and rooms of the castle where he had been born. Coming to the solar, he hadn't set foot in for over a year, he sat in his chair and was somewhat relieved by its familiar feel and saw that one of the servants had the foresight to put a jug of fresh water there for him with a goblet. He had taken a grateful sip as he waited for the rest of his family to arrive with the exception of Rickon, the boy who was still too young for such things. Which didn't take long, Catelyn had burst into the room and she'd thrown herself into his arms when he stood up to meet her, she kissed him deeply. They were only broken from this by a lack of breath and Robb entering with Bran, the other boy who was accompanied by his betrothed, Lyanna Mormont and Ser Brynden Tully. He thought for a moment about sending the lady from Bear Island and the knight from the Riverlands out but he decided as they would undoubtedly squeeze what he was going to say out of Bran anyway and they were already or would one day be a part of his family so they should probably be a part of what he was about to tell them. Luwin excused himself and left the small group alone, Catelyn looked around for Sansa and Arya, expecting both of them to be here with him only to frown when she had seen neither of them, but Robb had spoken although he had noticed his younger sisters' absences, too. "Father, thank the Gods. I was about to call the banners when I heard you had been taken by the Lannisters. What happened down there?" he asked his father, the Northern lord who looked even grimmer than usual, told them. "Robert fatally passed on and the Queen had chosen to take power." He had spoken in as steady of a voice as he could manage. He explained Sansa's betrayal by revealing the fact that she (Sansa) told the Queen which happened afterwards. Robb, Ser Brynden, Bran and Lyanna looked shocked, hearing about her (Sansa's) betrayal, whereas, Catelyn only had grown angrier demandingly which mean she was incredibly ready to burst.
"She betrayed us, Cat." Ned tried to get through to his wife only what that meant. "Northern law has only two punishments for that; death or the Wall and given she is a girl the Wall is out so if she were to come here again, my vassals would demand her head not to mention the families of the men who fatally passed on. Sending her to High-garden was the only way to save her life." he (Ned) told her. Most Northern laws were from the time when the Starks had been Kings of the North and were set in stone. Punishments were harsh and unyielding just like the land around them. If he had tried to change that for the sake of his daughter, he'd be facing a full on revolt from some of the more diehard lords. Ser Brynden nodded sadly and tried to make Catelyn understand. "It is for the best, Cat. Sansa might have been tricked but she still betrayed her own family and the North as a whole. The families of the men who fatally passed on, would want vengeance for their loved ones and the lords would want her as an example. Not even a Stark is above the law. If Ned had brought her back and denied them, he'd lose their loyalty. All it'd take is one of the rival claimants to the throne offering say House Bolton lordship of the North and they'd rise in revolt and Ned wouldn't have the support of the other lords to stop them." Robb nodded in agreement. He might carry Catelyn's looks but he was Ned's son through and through. There was a bigger picture here that Catelyn wasn't seeing the reason and although he dearly missed his younger sister, Sansa, he knew she'd never be able to come back home or else, she'd face the chopping block. Bran and Lyanna looked unsettled although Lyanna could understand Ned's reasons, too. She knew her own family had pretty firm ideas about honor and loyalty and even if they were one of the most loyal houses to House Stark, they'd think twice about support a house that flaunted the law when it suited them. By sending Sansa Stark away, it'd keep the lords if not happy, satisfied that she'd been punished since the Starks were true to their own honor, but Lady Stark didn't see it that way. "She is our daughter, Ned! You are the lord of the North and they should follow where you lead, not cave you in like a craven when they start making demands!" Her face was red with fury and her words seemed to shake the walls with their intensities. Which was followed by the temperature in the room seemingly dropping several degrees as silence also had fallen with Robb, Ser Brynden, Bran and Lyanna all looking at Ned, the Northern lord whose face had gone from its tired, grim mask to one of rage and without warning, he responded with a tirade of his own.
"I have had given you far too much of your own way here! I have allowed Septa Mordane here! This is the North, the Old Gods are ones that we worship here at Winterfell, but you and Mordane filled our daughters' heads with those pathetically stupid ideas about what a 'good lady' is supposed to do and act like! Do you know the sole reason Arya did not want to marry? All because she believed she would have to be like Sansa or you rather than only be true to herself which would cost her freedom! You filled Sansa's head with those nonexistent, idiotic tales of love and honor by giving her moronic, ridiculous, foolish, stupid dreams that blinded her to the truth! Which I allowed that in my own complacency when I should have made sure Sansa understood the fact that family is the most important thing, the fact that loyalty to them is far more important than ideas of love or glory, but now it is too late and she can never set foot here in the North again because if she does, she will be killed!" he told Catelyn with more anger in his voice than anyone had ever heard from him before. Everyone in the room was shocked no more than Ned himself. He had never raised his voice to his wife before but the last year and all of its events had taken their toll on his patience. Catelyn was stunned into silence at her husband's words, they cut deep and she silently walked out of the room as she tried to wrap her head around them. As everyone else in the room made their excuses to leave, Ned sat down and rested his head in his hands as he leaned against his desk. He doubted his marriage would ever be the same after today, those words have spoken in anger no matter how much he had never meant to say, it had opened the spouse (husband/wife) drama between Catelyn and himself that he was unsure they could ever repair.

Meanwhile, Margaery was out in one of the gardens, looking for her future sister in law. No one had seen the elder daughter of Lord Stark much since Willas had arrived with her just days ago. Margaery had only seen the girl briefly but despite the fact that she heard enough from Willas to know that the girl must be suffering. To be exiled from your own homeland because of one error of judgement seemed harsh but when Willas had explained about how strict Northern law was, Sansa realized that she was lucky to get away with her life. However, if the girl was to be a member of the Tyrell family, then someone should at least try and make her welcome. She eventually found her in a grove near the bottom and most secluded part of the gardens. The pale red head was kneeling in front of a bed of blue flowers and humming some strange tune that Margaery didn't recognize. Sansa sensed her (Margaery's) presence and got to her feet quickly.
"Lady Margaery, I am sorry if my humming disturbed you." Sansa apologized to her quietly with her head bowed. Therefore, she (Margaery) wouldn't see the tears that were threatening to run down her cheeks. "I was hoping I can speak to you in person especially since we are to be sisters in laws one day." Margaery smiled at the exiled Stark, the same younger girl who looked very much like a startled deer that was completely frozen. Margaery guided her slowly by putting her hand gently on Sansa's shoulder. "Do you like blue flowers?" she asked, hoping to start a conversation and regretted it once she'd seen the tears in Sansa's eyes. "They remain me of the winter roses back home. They are beautiful at full bloom." she (Sansa) remembered mournfully. Margaery took one of her (Sansa's) hands and held it gently.
"Teach me."
One way or another, there are no perfect upbringings, not the other way around.
(accusingly glaring at Catelyn): Sansa's blindly naive about reality because of you. If you hadn't lied to her (Sansa) about reality, none of this would've happened.
3,547 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »