Reviews for Greek Fire
Wragziez chapter 1 . 11/16
Really enjoyed reading this, thank you very much for sharing such a fantastic story!
Bridgefall chapter 1 . 3/13
Cool idea - never seen it before! Ace evolving would Play well into the whole Story-arcs of Luffy evolving - where was his Haki or anything like that? I kept asking myself. Well, head-canon accepted
Honestly, I can believe it. With the already established premise of Ace's Fire being a "Logia type" which apparently means he's literally /made of fire/ and only retains his human shape because he still thinks of himself as such, more an issue of visualization and willpower than anything... Fire burns things to ash that is sometimes so fine it "disappears", floating away in the smoke. In theory, if you could literally chuck Akainu into the Sun, he'd either disintegrate or merge with it (which would be terrifying).
Not including the logic of suffocation or explosive decompression into things.
As Ace's crazy fire also had Ace's mind and willpower in it, unlike the Sun, his Big Brother Attack Mode had him utterly decimating any chance Akainu would have had of "stealing" said fire.
It /is/ possible to destroy the bonds holding /anything/ together at a chemical level with enough heat- the trouble is achieving that heat and controlling it. In One Piece Applied Science? Ace just unlocked the next level of his Logia- and possibly was the only one to ever survive it, because of Marco. Cheers for awesome boosts for the Phoenix.
Also, the colors of fire supposedly shift from reds (coolest temperature) towards yellows to blues as the heat increases and if you hit violet and white... too hot! So the "White Fire" thing /does/ fit!
Sesshomarusama3 chapter 1 . 1/27
How fantastic this was! Ace having such intense power and unable to control it, wow! And yeah, screw you Akainu! Amazing story!
SoulMore chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
FAN!~
Wera chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
I'm crying this is beautiful.
LazyConfectioner chapter 1 . 8/18/2016
HOLY *****! This should've been canon! Good story loved the idea of white fire and how it burned everything and also a devil fruit evolving itself depending on its users emotion.
NikeScaret chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Love how you put in the Phoenix instincts, saying how they screamed about being away from Ace. And I love how you put in how Greek Fire BURNED. MAGMA. Just, wow. Nice job on this.
Anon A. Mauze chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
An idea I've been toying with is pointing out the ultimate source of all fire (if we're going with the magical definition) is the Sun, which burns WAAAAAY hotter than magma. Magma runs between 1300 and 2400 degrees F. Greek Fire is in this range at about 1850 degrees. The Sun, by comparison, is almost 10,000 degrees F. Sun-fire would certainly do exactly what you described to solid stone, let alone semi-liquid stone, skipping straight from solid to vapor in the process. That would take tremendous energy output, but as we all know, Oda hand-waves a lot of the physics when it comes to the DF users.

Also, this matches well with what you said about phoenix being born in fire. One part of the legends I recall is that the phoenix came from the sun and to it the phoenix must return, which accounts for the self-imolation process the Phoenix goes through.
The Eternal Winter chapter 1 . 6/2/2016
Ive actually been meaning to write something like this but you beat me to it lol.

It always bugged me how Magma beats fire in the manga. You don't even need to go with the greek fire concept.

Fire can grow infinity hotter, up to supernove heat, while magma requires a regulated temperature in order to maintain its form and properties. magma has to stay in a range of 700 C to 1300 C If Ace raised his fires temperature up to the point of being blue fire, white fire or any fire above 1300 degrees akainu wouldn't be able to do shit.

Overall good story, not a fan of Ace/Marco but you did it tastefully here.
kagome11 chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
Yes! You are right; there are WAY too few 'Ace survives' fics out there! This was excellent! Especially the way Ace was brought back by Luffy's scream, it was so heart warming. I just have one question: Was there a reason for Ivankov being the one to carry Luffy and not Jinbei? It's good to see you are still writing, I was starting to think you had given it up.
poemado chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
Really awesome hope you write more the best part was the Marco calming ace down and ace's greek fire. Love the Marco x ace in it
PhoenixVixenRosezeria chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
i actually would like you to continue this its awesome at least another shot with the after math of the war
MeganRouth chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
Oh my, Greek Fire! It reminds me of Percy Jackson's Greek Fire, where Greek demigods used entire bowls(?) of green powder, which turned into a green fire, never fading until their target was burned to ashes. Something like Amaterasu in Naruto. But anyway, I completely like this. Uh, maybe apart from AcexMarco (cause I am huge anti-yaoi fan) but the general idea is great so much. I agree, we must increase the amount of Alive!Ace fics. Dammit, Ace, why did you have to die?! Lots of luck,
M.R.
Kneoria chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
This is great! Thank you for this! I love it! Especially the thing about greek fire. Its a great idea honestly cause like magma tends to cause things to catch fire and because of the nuances and unknown details surrounding DF abilities, theres nothing to say that this couldnt have happened. I also really like the idea of Ace saving himself and Luffy. It makes me happy.