Reviews for Justice, Justice Shall You Pursue
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 7/17
Dear Squirrel:

Minor point: it's barristers that plead cases in court, not solicitors. (And, just as a stylistic thing, it seemed odd that you wrote out "270,627 pounds and seventy-five pence", instead of just saying "£270,627.75".) Other than that… well, I think your conceptions of wizarding law are too different from mine for me to comment validly on most of this, so I will content myself with saying that you portrayed Vernon Dursley exquisitely.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Shieldage chapter 6 . 7/8
I think Raid used against Acromantulas counts as chemical warfare, so probably less paperwork to just shoot them. Great story. Realistic consequences of Horcruxes, excellent reason to pull out a consensual Imperius. Well, decent opportunity to restructure the Ministry of Magic - I don't think Ireland will succeed in getting their own dedicated branch, but they could petition for one.
D.Mentor chapter 6 . 6/29
A great story, thank you for writing.
Concolor44 chapter 6 . 6/27
Absolutely fabulous. As I said before, crafting a story such as this, where those involved who are SUPPOSED to be smart actually DO use some common sense, is a real treat.

Favorites. Now.
k4m3j0 chapter 6 . 6/22
Would that be Kate lethbridge-stewart?
Weasel Fu chapter 6 . 6/8
I like it!
kgfinkel chapter 6 . 5/10
Awww, no epilogue? Great story otherwise.
offsides chapter 6 . 5/3
I've read this before (and thanks for the shout out to LLTQ!), and I just read it again, and I really enjoyed it (again!). My only disappointment is that there's no follow-up after the final battle. If really love to see an epilogue, or if you're feeling ambitious even a sequel. Other than that, well done!
Fiction is the Truth chapter 6 . 3/31
In which everyone has logic
Fiction is the Truth chapter 1 . 3/31
Oh my god, in Britain goblins are seen as humans since they can have kids together. I can just see a whole group of pureblood elites losing their crap over thia
Xiaou Nem chapter 6 . 3/21
Amazing story!
There’s so much in it, so many different threads no plots you could have spun out. It’s a wild ride.
I hope you get he opportunity to flesh it some of the ideas later in other stories.
Thank you!
Difdi chapter 5 . 3/6
You have two big problems with this chapter.

First, if magic really did bollix electronics, then the location of Diagon Alley, just off Charing Cross Road, would endanger the Statute of Secrecy, because it would create this big area in central London where electronics don't work. Muggles would wonder why and go looking for the cause. For example, that record store you mention in the chapter would be unable to play music, cars on the street (containing microchips) would break down as they passed the Leaky Cauldron, and so forth.

Second, the reason given in canon for why the magicals hid themselves is complete crap. When you have a scarce service or scarce goods, that are in high demand, you raise your prices and live like a king. You don't destroy the majority of your economy by getting rid of your biggest and most profitable market. It's been noted that witch trials were such a minor threat to magicals, that some magicals arranged to be tried as witches and burned at the stake for FUN. So fear of witch hunts as a reason to hide is likewise crap.

But there was one big thing that changed in the muggle world right before the Statute was enacted. Guns. Up to that point, guns were either very expensive and slightly inaccurate, or moderately expensive and VERY inaccurate. But the big change was the invention of guns that were both accurate and cheap. Suddenly, a commoner could afford a gun, and an army could hit things smaller than a house. Which leads us to the second big problem in the chapter: Shield Charms.

If Shield Charms could stop bullets, then magicals would have very little to fear from guns, with the result that there was literally NO reason for the Statute. But if guns could break Shield Charms, then the Statute makes perfect sense. Guns from the time the Statute was enacted were much weaker than modern guns, so it's highly unlikely that Death Eaters using Shield Charms against modern military rifles would result in anything but a lot of dead Death Eaters.
DHouck chapter 5 . 3/5
I first read this story a year ago, and I liked it so much I’m reading it again. This time I did a bit more research, and I noticed something I didn’t last time.

1. What gives the Queen the right to use the title “Her Majesty, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the Magical Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen”? I get that the Ministry only operates at the will of the Queen in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but surely it has to answer to the President of the Republic of Ireland when operating there? Did she agree to the Queen of the UK claiming the rest of Magical Ireland as well?
2. This qualifies under the disclaimer of maybe getting British law wrong, but very few if any of these people would be British subjects. Depending on the actual wording of the 1980s law defining that term and the Ministry of Magic Charter, it might apply to children born and raised entirely in the magical world before 1983. The muggleborns, and all children born on or after 1983, would be citizens if anything. Since the UK doesn’t have birthright citizenship, I am not convinced the wizard-raised kids would qualify, but it’s probable.

These are mostly nitpicks (although I wouldn’t be surprised if some Irish Muggleborns objected to the first point); this is still an excellent story.
Stormshadow13 chapter 6 . 2/28
Great story. Love the idea.
DocTrench chapter 6 . 2/20
All I can say is that this was excellent, I'm amazed that you managed to both keep Muggle infantry a credible threat and keep them realistically outclassed by wizards.