Reviews for Justice, Justice Shall You Pursue
Difdi chapter 5 . 3/6
You have two big problems with this chapter.

First, if magic really did bollix electronics, then the location of Diagon Alley, just off Charing Cross Road, would endanger the Statute of Secrecy, because it would create this big area in central London where electronics don't work. Muggles would wonder why and go looking for the cause. For example, that record store you mention in the chapter would be unable to play music, cars on the street (containing microchips) would break down as they passed the Leaky Cauldron, and so forth.

Second, the reason given in canon for why the magicals hid themselves is complete crap. When you have a scarce service or scarce goods, that are in high demand, you raise your prices and live like a king. You don't destroy the majority of your economy by getting rid of your biggest and most profitable market. It's been noted that witch trials were such a minor threat to magicals, that some magicals arranged to be tried as witches and burned at the stake for FUN. So fear of witch hunts as a reason to hide is likewise crap.

But there was one big thing that changed in the muggle world right before the Statute was enacted. Guns. Up to that point, guns were either very expensive and slightly inaccurate, or moderately expensive and VERY inaccurate. But the big change was the invention of guns that were both accurate and cheap. Suddenly, a commoner could afford a gun, and an army could hit things smaller than a house. Which leads us to the second big problem in the chapter: Shield Charms.

If Shield Charms could stop bullets, then magicals would have very little to fear from guns, with the result that there was literally NO reason for the Statute. But if guns could break Shield Charms, then the Statute makes perfect sense. Guns from the time the Statute was enacted were much weaker than modern guns, so it's highly unlikely that Death Eaters using Shield Charms against modern military rifles would result in anything but a lot of dead Death Eaters.
DHouck chapter 5 . 3/5
I first read this story a year ago, and I liked it so much I’m reading it again. This time I did a bit more research, and I noticed something I didn’t last time.

1. What gives the Queen the right to use the title “Her Majesty, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the Magical Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen”? I get that the Ministry only operates at the will of the Queen in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but surely it has to answer to the President of the Republic of Ireland when operating there? Did she agree to the Queen of the UK claiming the rest of Magical Ireland as well?
2. This qualifies under the disclaimer of maybe getting British law wrong, but very few if any of these people would be British subjects. Depending on the actual wording of the 1980s law defining that term and the Ministry of Magic Charter, it might apply to children born and raised entirely in the magical world before 1983. The muggleborns, and all children born on or after 1983, would be citizens if anything. Since the UK doesn’t have birthright citizenship, I am not convinced the wizard-raised kids would qualify, but it’s probable.

These are mostly nitpicks (although I wouldn’t be surprised if some Irish Muggleborns objected to the first point); this is still an excellent story.
Stormshadow13 chapter 6 . 2/28
Great story. Love the idea.
DocTrench chapter 6 . 2/20
All I can say is that this was excellent, I'm amazed that you managed to both keep Muggle infantry a credible threat and keep them realistically outclassed by wizards.
Shian1998 chapter 6 . 2/6
Absolutely fantastic 'Harry Potter' story! Really loved reading it! Out of all the muggle-army/government-taking-over-the-Wizarding-World fanfictions I've read, this has got to be at least one of the best, if not the best! Amazingly detailed and well written.

Loved how the non-magicals succeeded in making a deal with the Goblins, without it turning into a war (really loved that he offered the Goblins equality, which would go a long way to solving Human-Goblin relations).

Hadn't really thought about that stuff with Marietta, but I agree that the morality of what happened to her is questionable, so I'm glad that Hermione helped her out there.

I also hate most of the marriage law/contract fanfictions out there. The only ones I do like are like this one, where it's acknowledged how evil this is and where the characters do everything they can to stop it. Really enjoyed this take of it.

Especially loved how the non-magical army stepped in and completely turned the war around, and that they managed to solve so many of the various problems in this Wizarding society. Also liked how you made it so that they were able to effectively take control of and solve the situation, yet still having some trouble with it and taking numerous casualties as opposed to it being too easy for them. Loved that 'Doctor Who' (my top favourite TV show) reference at the end!

Excellent story! Really enjoyed it! :)
dhamann7878 chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
Great story, the only thing missing is an epilogue to tie up the last few details.
Corwyn chapter 6 . 12/12/2017
Loved this story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
katmom chapter 6 . 12/11/2017
Whoa, what an ending.
katmom chapter 5 . 12/11/2017
I love the way this is going. Thanks for sharing.
katmom chapter 3 . 12/11/2017
This was fabulous!
katmom chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
What a great start! Thanks for sharing with us.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/30/2017
This is so awesome. I am highly satisfied!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2017
That was beautiful. I love it!
xenosaiyan chapter 6 . 11/26/2017
This is bloody amazing! Nice!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/12/2017
Great story but EEWW did you have to sneak romance into the ending like that? Here I was enjoying myself and then bleurgh.
Anyway good story.