Reviews for Kill the Messenger
audreyoctopus chapter 10 . 7/14/2020
Another great chapter!
I really enjoyed this whole story, I hope you update. Your writing is absolutely beautiful, and you have captured all the characters so well. You should be very proud of yourself.
Have a great day/night!
-Audrey :)
audreyoctopus chapter 8 . 7/14/2020
I know I've said this about five times now, but this is beautiful. Heart-breaking, but beautiful.
audreyoctopus chapter 7 . 7/14/2020
I love how Pollux can say so much even without words. He and Annie are both beautiful souls and I can definitely imagine this happening, the quiet understanding.
audreyoctopus chapter 6 . 7/14/2020
I love Effie! I can definitely imagine this happening.
audreyoctopus chapter 4 . 7/14/2020
Oh, it's okay, I didn't need my heart anyway.
Your writing is just so beautiful.
audreyoctopus chapter 2 . 7/14/2020
Aw, poor Annie :(
audreyoctopus chapter 1 . 7/14/2020
I love Annie and Peeta's friendship, I wish it had been explored more in canon. This was beautiful.
VisPanaceastceaX23 chapter 9 . 10/13/2018
Down with Critics United!

They are the cancer to our society.

The root of heresy needs to be burnt to crisp

with over thousand innocent souls without remorse or guilt thereafter.

No sacrifice is too great and no treachery too small.

Remember, we all are walking under the immortal shadow of Him.

His light shines so brightly, it will guide us to our foreseen destiny that is in our grasp.

A great moment we all should not pass.

If you are on the same page, cp this message.

Now onto the actual review:
She quietly threw a stick into the river and they watched it bump lazily along the rocks that peeked out from the shallow water. When it finally disappeared from sight, she said, "He's gone, but not really."

What the actual fuck?!
Estoma chapter 8 . 6/3/2016
What I really liked was that Mrs Everdeen reminded Annie about her pregnancy, as a reason to continue. Just lovely! You've definitely found a unique was for each of the characters to impart the news, and i always feels right for their personality and experiences.

Estoma chapter 7 . 6/3/2016
Hmm, maybe this one is my favourite now. There's a beautifully soft and gentle feel about this. I'm trying to imagine it completely without sound, like a silent movie - maybe just the sound of breathing, or Annie starting to cry. Lovely piece! Despite not having words, Pollux has broken the news beautifully.

Psst, I think it's 'Pollux' with an O :)

Estoma chapter 6 . 6/3/2016
I think this is one of my favourites so far. I was really wondering where you were going with the description of the dress, but I loved it when I realised. I think that of all the characters so far, Effie has really tried to soften the blow (even though this isn't the best way to do it, at least she's trying). The last line was perfect!

Estoma chapter 5 . 6/3/2016
Combining news of a loved one's death with maths? Oh my, that is truly horrible!

[A letter was delivered by a man in grey.] I like how stark and simple this is. Ouch!

An interesting idea to have the letter delivered by an unnamed character; it certainly highlights how the individual characters aren't really that important in the overall scheme of 13.

whimsicalvillager chapter 7 . 6/2/2016
33 I love this fix so much!

-love,
Claire
Estoma chapter 4 . 5/28/2016
I like the way you referenced the tunnels in 13, reminding us of the way that Finnick died in the sewer tunnels (seriously, what a shitty place to die) *cringes at own pun*

You know my feelings about Gale...but I am glad to see him feeling ashamed now when he had to tell Annie her husband is gone and he is still alive. I liked the visual of Gale pressed his hands over his eyes. With so few words available you need to spend them well, and you did!

One critique? The use of 'should' feels a touch repetitive.

Estoma chapter 3 . 5/27/2016
Yep, I was right; it's getting harder and harder to read these pieces! So very sad! But I still think it's a clever premise, and it's nice to see some of your writing again.

Something I like so far is that each way you've found a unique way for the character to impart the news, and for Annie to react to it. Each feels perfectly in-character for the messenger, too.

Johanna's voice sounds just right here. It's very abrupt, and the sentence structure is short and punchy. You've written it just how I imagine she'd speak.

The three questions was a great way to end. You can feel the mounting desperation, and of course, there are no answers. Loved it!